Nine separate documents are now required

I did just call Trat immigration (that's where the document in OP is from) regarding their requirements, mentioning this document which i saw.

I was told that if the owner is not able to come because for example he is in another province, that's ok, they will process the application without him being there in person. The "certificate of residence" is also not required. But points 1-8 from this document are still required.

So at least in Trat it seems to be still possible without the owner being there in person.

If somebody here is denied an extension at any immigration office because he didn't bring the owner (but all other things were in order), let me know and i will try to get some more info.

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Jackcwba said:

I went today and I was on a tourist 60, already used up my extension last month so I’ve had 90.

the only things I brought was 

passport

photocopy of passport

photocopy of tourist visa and previous extension stamps

1900 fee

1 passport photo (yes only one)

uk embassy letter printed 

The lady didn’t even say one word to me about any of the documents apart from sign all the pieces of paper.

they stamped me for 15 day’s , they want me to go back in 15 days and they will stamp me again for the other 15 days. So 30 in total. It’s a pointless exercise and it’s creating more foot traffic into their office during this pandemic but this is Thailand and the tourist industry is going to drop dramatically in the future after how they have dealt with this I imagine. 

Mmmmmmm .. May I humbly ask what area of Thailand you went to this office?  The reason for my enquiry is because another poster says the bounty of 9 pieces of evidence is required in Thai locations in center of country but seemingly not Bangkok.  If you would feel comfortable naming location, fine, if not, I understand.  I’m way up northeast nong khai .. very quiet office .. thank you kindly

39 minutes ago, Jaxxper said:

It’s ok immigration recycle paper. Next time they give you a written piece of information, check on the back it’s probably got some tourists passport bio page printed on it...555

Just see one might get an extra extension on what's already on the Recycled paper. ????

5 minutes ago, mike787 said:

Blood, stool, and hair samples from entire dynasty.

So ancestry dot com's work up on my lineage won't work, oh well maybe i can........no no no, now that's just plain ridiculous.......sorry I had to fight my inner urge to purge on the post and have kept the inside words inside.....i feel so much.....well no I don't.......

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So ancestry dot com's work up on my lineage won't work, oh well maybe i can........no no no, now that's just plain ridiculous.......sorry I had to fight my inner urge to purge on the post and have kept the inside words inside.....i feel so much.....well no I don't.......

I agree but this is where Thai immigration is....

20 hours ago, mokwit said:

“Indeed, we are requiring more documents than usual because there are those who want to exploit the opportunity,” Col. Phakkhaphong said. “We are doing our best to provide the best service, but bearing in mind that national security is our utmost priority.”

Anybody going to post how Thailand welcomes foreigners staying here?.

"100" will be along shortly

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, MagnumForce said:

Are these being requested for the special 2nd extension or are they being requested for the standard first extension of a 30-day visa exempt stamp?

The news yesterday mentioned that it's only for first extension due to COVID-19 situation, then following extension-renewals should be given automatically; but do check details, as I got this from a news story only.

Another news story was this one, that should grant tourist visa holders that arrived March 1st or later automatic extension, I don't know if that includes "visa exempt"...

15 hours ago, Jackcwba said:

I went today and I was on a tourist 60, already used up my extension last month so I’ve had 90.

the only things I brought was 

passport

photocopy of passport

photocopy of tourist visa and previous extension stamps

1900 fee

1 passport photo (yes only one)

uk embassy letter printed 

The lady didn’t even say one word to me about any of the documents apart from sign all the pieces of paper.

they stamped me for 15 day’s , they want me to go back in 15 days and they will stamp me again for the other 15 days. So 30 in total. It’s a pointless exercise and it’s creating more foot traffic into their office during this pandemic but this is Thailand and the tourist industry is going to drop dramatically in the future after how they have dealt with this I imagine. 

1. Why did you bring an embassy letter when it's not needed for a tourist visa extension?

2. Was the letter made out in your name?

3. Did the IO even take the letter or just tell you it's not needed?

4. What office did you use, the BKK CW office?

20 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

I can't provide all the required documentation, nor do I want to risk going to immigration to walk out ill and not even know it. This means after tomorrow, I am officially on overstay. Once this is over I don't think I will ever come back to Thailand again. That's how disgusted I am at this insatiable greed.

Greed, indeed, is what it is. Thailand is greed. Nasty.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

1. Why did you bring an embassy letter when it's not needed for a tourist visa extension?

2. Was the letter made out in your name?

3. Did the IO even take the letter or just tell you it's not needed?

4. What office did you use, the BKK CW office?

1. The embassy letter is always needed when you do not qualify for regular extensions.
  2. Presumably yes.
  3. From the post, it is clear the letter was taken.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mokwit said:

“Indeed, we are requiring more documents than usual because there are those who want to exploit the opportunity,” Col. Phakkhaphong said. “We are doing our best to provide the best service, but bearing in mind that national security is our utmost priority.”

Anybody going to post how Thailand welcomes foreigners staying here?.

If you do not control the virus started by the Chinese and were still allowed to come to Thailand there will be no people left in Thailand to worry about national security.

Please think about it.

3 minutes ago, theVenerable said:

Got my visa extended today, but only by 20 days.
Embassy letter and all the other stuff included, so why only 20 days?

Thailand does not want us here. Lets oblige them and never come back

You probably got that ‘under consideration’ stamp. Same as many others here. Looks like they are still uncertain about how to treat us (those whose visas expired recently).

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

The Chinese got Easy Extensions Right Away!!  No landlord required.  They will be welcomed back, since their govt appears to be paying for good "service" from Thai immigration, while ours clearly are not.

You are missing the point.  The "tracking" stuff is just for hassling us - to get us to leave - not for any purpose.  

The Chinese want us GONE from Thailand, not just chipped (though would surely get access to the tracking-data if we were) - and appear to be paying for policy, given they got Easy Extensions immediately, w/o all this garbage, and were allowed to come in and spread the virus to Thais as it was running-wild in their country.  "Policies" here come at a price - paid in cash. 

Seems plausible to me.
The amount of hoops I had to jump through during the time of a pandemic just to get an extension is beyond comical.
They don't want me here, unless they can fleece me while I'm struggling to stay here.
Not worth it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

You probably got that ‘under consideration’ stamp. Same as many others here. Looks like they are still uncertain about how to treat us (those whose visas expired recently).

How convenient.. So they will have to charge me for a another 'consideration' after just 20 days.

Just now, theVenerable said:

How convenient.. So they will have to charge me for a another 'consideration' after just 20 days.

You won't have to pay again. Strange you got 20. Some have had earlier report back date. eg 14. The report back is pretty much just passport. Then balance added. Assuming it's an under consideration notation

24 minutes ago, theVenerable said:

I got exactly the same 20 days as you. Hope they will not make us pay again next time.

when you come back, you will get the remaining days to 30. at least that's what i got today myself after a first "under consideration stamp".

This new stamp is NOT an under consideration one!  

P.s.: I didnt pay again!

Edited by ANDREW999
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ANDREW999 said:

when you come back, you will get the remaining days to 30. at least that's what i got today myself after a first "under consideration stamp".

This new stamp is NOT an under consideration one!  

P.s.: I didnt pay again!

Which imm office. What paperwork did you take along. Basically just your passport?

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Which imm office. What paperwork did you take along. Basically just your passport?

Samut Prakan IO.

Today I just took my passport and the receipt of payment. They just asked me for my passport, and no further questions. I got the stamp after 10 mins or so. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1