Nine separate documents are now required

On 4/3/2020 at 2:59 PM, theVenerable said:

Got my visa extended today, but only by 20 days.
Embassy letter and all the other stuff included, so why only 20 days?

Thailand does not want us here. Lets oblige them and never come back

Is it an 'under consideration' stamp like this?

Under consideration.jpg

20 hours ago, anchadian said:

Thai Immigration are worried about national security which explains why they're asking for photos of foreigners inside their accommodation & also for a map. They then give a 14-day "under consideration" stamp which gives them time to visit the foreigner at home

Where did that come from?  I looked at Richard Barrow's Twitter feed and Facebook page and couldn't see it anywhere.  You sure you haven't just knocked that out on Photoshop or similar?

Whatever, it's written by either a speaker of American English or someone perhaps taught there, so I am suspect of its veracity.  

4 hours ago, Mister Fixit said:

Where did that come from?  I looked at Richard Barrow's Twitter feed and Facebook page and couldn't see it anywhere.  You sure you haven't just knocked that out on Photoshop or similar?

Whatever, it's written by either a speaker of American English or someone perhaps taught there, so I am suspect of its veracity.  

I agree, this looks very suspicious, a fake news...  the document gives immensely stupid explanation for the current visa procedures in the C-19 context. But then again, having seen all this nonsense how the native chiefs deal with the immigration issues, it wouldn't surprise me if this is for real...

This is an emergency and not a regular immigration procedure. Can you imagine the same requirements in the midst of the tsunami (the one that happened some years ago)?!

The foreign visitors indeed should comply with the local public health advise. As for the accommodation, if they have nowhere to stay (eg. lack of access to funds) the government should provide temporary accommodation arrangements (preferably in cooperation with the foreign embassies) consistent with the public health advise and government rules. Again, this is an emergency  C-19 response.

Identifying those who are in breach of the emergency rules is the same for any person, be it foreign or Thai citizen (passport/ID). I am sure no foreign visitor who can take care about accommodation would risk illness and/or Thai jail for "travelling or working around Thailand without notifying IO (sic)" during this emergency.... It is preposterous to state that IOs can "find and take care of them in notified area when necessary" - they simply have no capacity for this, they never had, except for some odd occasions even outside this C-19 emergency, let alone now. And the "inquiring process reference" directly help spread the virus, defying the very reason the emergency visa extensions were introduced! (Unless the real reason is actually 1900BHT per application, and an inferiority complex compensation opportunity, regardless of their own citizens' as well as foreign visitors' health/lives). I have already written elsewhere on this forum about the national security aspect: 

Edited by McArie

4 hours ago, Mister Fixit said:

It was posted by Richard Barrow, but he doesn't give a source.