Thailand to announce nationwide curfew starting Friday

webfact

Just now, Tingtong2mut said:

Hats off to the Thai government. Some really good decisions being made. I'd rather be here than back home in Australia

Could you elaborate on the good decisions, please?

Enough testing? Distribution of free masks? Improve the statistics? Enlarge the hospital facilities with ICU? Or implement overshooting measures and kill the rest of life in the economy?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kadilo said:

No doubt they can then show that it was the halting of the “dirty foreigners” solved the problem. 
I look forward to that  graph soon. 

Talking of that, Ai Anutin has been quiet for a few days. I wonder if he has been told to pull his head in

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, henry2109 said:

Could you elaborate on the good decisions, please?

Enough testing? Distribution of free masks? Improve the statistics? Enlarge the hospital facilities with ICU? Or implement overshooting measures and kill the rest of life in the economy?

some people see "curfew" and think Oh thats "good decision".  daytime theres no social distancing 

Just now, lensta said:

Talking of that, Ai Anutin has been quiet for a few days. I wonder if he has been told to pull his head in

One can hope he's in self isolation. Unfortunately he might pop back out in two weeks.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I think it should be 8pm the other night a group of Farang outside 7/11 drinking the sauce looked like a few Russians

Agreed 8 or even 7 pm, PM don't worry about upsetting people, you will be damned if you do and damned if you don't, look at other countries and learn from there delays, the USA would be a good  place to look first.

1 minute ago, Almer said:

Agreed 8 or even 7 pm, PM don't worry about upsetting people, you will be damned if you do and damned if you don't, look at other countries and learn from there delays, the USA would be a good  place to look first.

Try comparing like for like and your comments might hold some credibility

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

10pm to 4am is fine for me I'll be asleep but surely they can do more to finish the economy off?

well he could just back off and let it burn through but i doubt anyone here could dig a hole big enough to put all the bodies in

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

Building sites and similar are often a closed loop, the same 20 people work, eat, sleep together etc, so long as nobody steps outside the group and interacts with the broader public, they dont get the virus. 

Nightime is when they may venture outside the group.

unless it is the Golden line when they work 24 hours a day

I would expect to see many many  Arrests, the feral  youths will not stay in, and there patents/ keeper will encourage them, Thailand you have a chance to salvage this but leave it  any longer and trouble will present itself. I liken-it to a runaway train, a block of wood will stop it early but when it gathers speed, stand back and stay inside.

9 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

just the time when I was enjoying the empty streets, the room to breathe, the virus-free air. Now I have to go to the 7/11 when everybody is going, and fight through the crowds. Does that really stop spreading a virus?

of course it doesnt but its all about " image" total non-sensical decision 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Almer said:

I would expect to see many many  Arrests, the feral  youths will not stay in, and there patents/ keeper will encourage them, Thailand you have a chance to salvage this but leave it  any longer and trouble will present itself. I liken-it to a runaway train, a block of wood will stop it early but when it gathers speed, stand back and stay inside.

And the huge huge Immigration lines are exempt??

• Like 2

3 hours ago, z42 said:

What's the point? The numbers of covid19 deaths will be astronomical whether or not a curfew is imposed or not. Plus the numbers given up to now are pathetic and an insult to even the stupidest in society.

This curfew will just squeeze the life out of the people even more. The country is gonna be in a dreadful state when this thing is declared over and borders open, etc again.

If the economy doesn't collapse completely i'll be amazed

A little late coming , but I applaud the decision its is most definitely pointing us in the right direction in this battle.

26 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

What are you talking about, If I stay home how in hell can I get the virus ????? If I already have the virus and stay home, I cant give it to anyone else !!!!

If isolating the infected stops the spread, then isolating everyone will also stop the spread

Obviously I meant in the long term. Like I said, it will buy a short time. But eventually the curfews and lockdowns will have to stop. If you have not identified and isolated the infected by then, what will happen?

You will just get further waves of infected.

So in the long term curfews and lockdowns will achieve nothing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

I think it should start from 8pm. I'm not really sure if 10pm is going to make a huge amount of difference now that bars and other nighttime entertainment has been closed. But time will tell. 

thinking about a sanitized life up-country it should start 12noon: This is when all the cowboys get drunk watching their cock-fights and else...and, not to forget: one drinking vessel for 12 people...

• Like 1