Thailand to announce nationwide curfew starting Friday

webfact

Still have not gone far enough.

Full curfew should start at 8pm until 7am except for the obviously needed.

Trouble is who is going to enforce it ? Even in Bangkok there is not a suitable Government Dept that will.

Maybe bring martial law back in for 3 weeks & see what happens.

In the country villages,,,,, ........not possible

• Sad 3

16 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

well he could just back off and let it burn through but i doubt anyone here could dig a hole big enough to put all the bodies in

it doesn't have to be let it burn through or lockdown, there are alternatives. He won't be able to stop it anyway so worse of both worlds, killing the economy and people die anyway, same as other countries except Sweden and Japan

1 minute ago, fforest1 said:

First they came for the Jews and then...................

Sorry, I don't see anyone coming for any of us with this regulation. I am familiar with German Lutheran pastor Martin Niemöller" quote and the history.

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Perhaps they just want to keep it that way. 

If you've got something empirical that justifies your cynicism about the number of cases, let's hear it.  If you haven't. what was your point?

Empirical look at you big boy woohoo

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I admit I read page one only.   Not my norm but 21 pages.  This ban from 10-4 indicates to me that a certain segment used to staying up till 4 am just didnt adhere to social distancing rules.  Were they going to private  parties,  closed  bar parties?  Loitering in front of 7-11.  Os this related to closing 7-11 at night.    Just think how many thousands of unemployed nightlife extroverts can't handle this isolation

I dont understand how the curfew is designed to limit spread.  All gathering places are already closed.  It would also be good to understand what we are trying to achieve with the total lockdown.  Is the government buying time to ramp up testing and health services in order to cope with an explosion of cases?  Is there an end game as Im not sure many people can economically take more than a month of total lockdown, given the enormous wealth disparity leading to many poor having a lack of savings for a contingency such as this.   

So, lets say I invent friends to a big party 9.30 pm.  we are partying, drinking and dancing to music on high level and at 10.30 pm some neighbour call the police and tell them what is going on. So what should the police do? they could, because the curfve not ask us to leave before 4 am. So the party could go on.   

• Sad 1

Just now, Parsve said:

So, lets say I invent friends to a big party 9.30 pm.  we are partying, drinking and dancing to music on high level and at 10.30 pm some neighbour call the police and tell them what is going on. So what should the police do? they could, because the curfve not ask us to leave before 4 am. So the party could go on.   

what would you think.... ?  you have disobeyed the social distance clearances between people and god knows what other laws you've broken at a time when stringent measures are in place to kurb spreading of the virus.

some people in life just make it hard for themselves continually because they think all is good ... i'm a smarty .... lol

4 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

I think we need 24 hour it’s working on the curves to slow it 

And I think many like you rode the same panic wagon, in many countries, in other times and under many different circumstances of the past. It seems stupid keeps doing what stupid does and did, all places, all times, alas...

Did you even think about whether it was, plain, simply, possible in this country, like just about how the modal Thai's daily purchase of food is about? Like in ten paces, not one? I guess not...

I hope to be wrong, but it seems to me persons of your kind are the ones bringing micro small "pressure groups" to disturbing heights, in more recent History, and, alas, before, the kind that in older times brought fascism in power.

I do know how Irish people, the ones from the Republic, cherish their individual freedom (they paid a huge price for it after all), and I don't know where you're really from, but I don't think true Irishmen in the know of what's going on here would easily resist putting a fist on your nose...

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

what would you think.... ?  you have disobeyed the social distance clearances between people and god knows what other laws you've broken at a time when stringent measures are in place to kurb spreading of the virus.

some people in life just make it hard for themselves continually because they think all is good ... i'm a smarty .... lol

Hi Smarty, I did not say that I should. I just pointed at one of the problem that could occer if a curfew is not total, 24 hours a day, but withsome windows for shopping and things like that.. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Parsve said:

Pour the cops a whisky and coke and every thing will be fine...

22 minutes ago, Jimbo2014 said:

I dont understand how the curfew is designed to limit spread.  All gathering places are already closed.  It would also be good to understand what we are trying to achieve with the total lockdown.  Is the government buying time to ramp up testing and health services in order to cope with an explosion of cases?  Is there an end game as Im not sure many people can economically take more than a month of total lockdown, given the enormous wealth disparity leading to many poor having a lack of savings for a contingency such as this.   

The curfew is supposed to keep miscreants at home...nothing to do with the virus imo

They won't say it publicly though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Parsve said:

Hi Smarty, I did not say that I should. I just pointed at one of the problem that could occer if a curfew is not total, 24 hours a day, but withsome windows for shopping and things like that.. 

i mean .... it's not all strict and exact by the rules. Common sense does play a part ....  cheers.