Thailand to announce nationwide curfew starting Friday

webfact

8 minutes ago, bangrak said:

Sorry to have hurt your positive feelings. Partly curfews actually do work, ...with a large public support and a strong police/army enforcement, both which can hardly be expected here. But, then, a a total curfew would'n work either for the same reasons. And the little green men with a huge ego don't seem to be ready to swallow the, very much expectable, huge fiasco of such a measure, proving the very limited extent of their real authority with the populace...

Ok, I understand, but we are talking about Thailand I suppose, and then as I undersand it neither me or you believe that it would work with partly curfew. About the little green man I agree with you to 100 %.

35 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Let's say you grow a few brain cells instead, and stop posting implausible scenarios. More probable the police would haul you off to a cell for the night.

Sir I hope he tells me where the party is so I can go party all night...

1 minute ago, Georgie65 said:

Needless to say Pattaya will never be the same again!!! When this China madness is over, I predict 50% of all bars and restaurants in Pattaya will be out of business for good! Thailand is going to have to choose between China or the West for customers, China will be the outcasts of the world when this is all said and done!!! Boycott everything evil, communist China!!!!!!! #MAGA2020

I think you are right about Pattaya. It has been on the decline for many years and this is the final nail imo. 
Many of the Bars etc won’t survive this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Georgie65 said:

Needless to say Pattaya will never be the same again!!! When this China madness is over, I predict 50% of all bars and restaurants in Pattaya will be out of business for good! Thailand is going to have to choose between China or the West for customers, China will be the outcasts of the world when this is all said and done!!! Boycott everything evil, communist China!!!!!!! #MAGA2020

You're completely wrong. Bars come and go, but Pattaya is well placed to make the fastest of comebacks.

This has already happened all over Thailand anyway. People said Thailand's tourism would never recover, this and that place would never reopen. What happened? Within a year tourism was back.

Pattaya is especially well placed because it lives off sex. And if we learned anything from the AIDS epidemic it's that in men the libido is stronger than even the risk of death.

The girls will be back, because they'll definitely need the money and bars will open to service a thousands of years old demand.

Edited by Logosone

8 minutes ago, joe jadore said:

Just give everyone hydroxychloroquin and azithromycin and then we can all go back to normal. Its 98% effective, unless you are a chronic diabetic or already have other major health issues. The USA is slowly waking up to this FACT. Does anyone know if its legal to buy these medicines in Bangkok? They are useful as a prophylactic for prevention.

They dont want a cure for Corona......To many other nasty agendas need to be put in place.....

• Like 1

From what I've seen since this pandemic was reported Thailand has been quite efficient in trying their best to stop the spread of this covid-19 virus. Locally the malls, supermarkets, pharmacies & banks have all segregated customers as much as is possible. I must say their approach to everyone has been really commendable, very polite without any fuss. Scanners, hand wash solutions etc have all been made available, plus temperature scanners on all entrances have been placed to minimize the inconvenience of everyone. Face masks have been worn by nearly every Thai national, it seems only the "farang" that exercises his right by not wearing one & this is wrong. What really is important & does matter is doing everything possible to keep people safe irrespective on your views. I think the "farangs" here are letting themselves down badly by not showing compassion or concern to their fellow beings. You are not experts in this field & god knows neither are the top medics trying desperately to reduce the spread to save lives. "Farangs" please step back, think about the consequences of a full blown disaster here, do your bit, listen to all the measures that are being recommended to keep all of us safe & stop being pigheaded & stupid ............... comply with the authorities irrespective how restrictive life becomes. It not just you .............. we are all in this together.

As an expat living here 20yrs I'm disgusted with fellow members on this forum that seem to just revel in being ignorant, take great delight in mocking people, being sarcastic, selfish individuals who have no thought for anyone but themselves ....... fact

Edited by Daveyh
Typo
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Daveyh said:

From what I've seen since this pandemic was reported Thailand has been quite efficient in trying their best to stop the spread of this cover-19 virus. Locally the malls, supermarkets, pharmacies & banks have all segregated customers as much as is possible. I must say their approach to everyone has been really commendable, very polite without any fuss. Scanners, hand wash solutions etc have all been made available, plus temperature scanners on all entrances have been placed to minimize the inconvenience of everyone. Face masks have been worn by nearly every Thai national, it seems only the "farang" that exercises his right by not wearing one & this is wrong. What really is important & does matter is doing everything possible to keep people safe irrespective on your views. I think the "farangs" here are letting themselves down badly by not showing compassion or concern to their fellow beings. You are not experts in this field & god knows neither are the top medics trying desperately to reduce the spread to save lives. "Farangs" please step back, think about the consequences of a full blown disaster here, do your bit, listen to all the measures that are being recommended to keep all of us safe & stop being pigheaded & stupid ............... comply with the authorities irrespective how restrictive life becomes. It not just you .............. we are all in this together.

As an expat living here 20yrs I'm disgusted with fellow members on this forum that seem to just revel in being ignorant, take great delight in mocking people, being sarcastic, selfish individuals who have no thought for anyone but themselves ....... fact

Alex Jones says the whole thing is fake...

5 hours ago, z42 said:

What's the point? The numbers of covid19 deaths will be astronomical whether or not a curfew is imposed or not. Plus the numbers given up to now are pathetic and an insult to even the stupidest in society.

This curfew will just squeeze the life out of the people even more. The country is gonna be in a dreadful state when this thing is declared over and borders open, etc again.

If the economy doesn't collapse completely i'll be amazed

There are curfews in many American cities as well.

Governments are trying whatever they can do to limit contact.  

Nobody knows whether it will help and how long it can be sustained.  Also what happens when we open businesses again? 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Do you think all or most people using open beaches would follow the needed SOCIAL DISTANCING? I don't. Thus I disagree with you. Of course they could keep them open and try to enforce the social distancing but that would use resources they don't probably have.

The beach resorts are empty. It would be harder to get close to someone than avoid them. The section of the beach where I was 2 days ago had about 8 people on it, 4 of them were a Western family

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Miami007 said:

There are curfews in many American cities as well.

Governments are trying whatever they can do to limit contact.  

Nobody knows whether it will help and how long it can be sustained.  Also what happens when we open businesses again? 

They should have been wearing masks from day dot. This will be a lesson for the west to take notes from Asia. 

Edited by Kaopad999

10 minutes ago, Daveyh said:

From what I've seen since this pandemic was reported Thailand has been quite efficient in trying their best to stop the spread of this covid-19 virus. Locally the malls, supermarkets, pharmacies & banks have all segregated customers as much as is possible. I must say their approach to everyone has been really commendable, very polite without any fuss. Scanners, hand wash solutions etc have all been made available, plus temperature scanners on all entrances have been placed to minimize the inconvenience of everyone. Face masks have been worn by nearly every Thai national, it seems only the "farang" that exercises his right by not wearing one & this is wrong. What really is important & does matter is doing everything possible to keep people safe irrespective on your views. I think the "farangs" here are letting themselves down badly by not showing compassion or concern to their fellow beings. You are not experts in this field & god knows neither are the top medics trying desperately to reduce the spread to save lives. "Farangs" please step back, think about the consequences of a full blown disaster here, do your bit, listen to all the measures that are being recommended to keep all of us safe & stop being pigheaded & stupid ............... comply with the authorities irrespective how restrictive life becomes. It not just you .............. we are all in this together.

The actions by thai government were 45-60 days to let.  Let the blame and deserved bashing continue.  The greed was on full display for all to see.  It will be interesting when you 20 year  residents get the boot. 

33 minutes ago, joe jadore said:

Just give everyone hydroxychloroquin and azithromycin and then we can all go back to normal. Its 98% effective, unless you are a chronic diabetic or already have other major health issues. The USA is slowly waking up to this FACT. Does anyone know if its legal to buy these medicines in Bangkok? They are useful as a prophylactic for prevention.

That would be fantastic . . . . to be the healthiest man in your condo block ????

1 minute ago, Elkski said:

The actions by thai government were 45-60 days to let.  Let the blame and deserved bashing continue.  The greed was on full display for all to see.  It will be interesting when you 20 year  residents get the boot. 

Yes indeed, dithering and in-decisions by the Thai Government who had "money" on their minds. As for me, almost a 20 year resident, I could see the writing on the wall and left 2 months ago! No curfew where I now live (yet). Bars, restaurants, shops and supermarkets still open here in Cambodia. Borders now closed to keep out tourists and ex-pats thinking of escaping Thailand.

28 minutes ago, Daveyh said:

You're like the army, catergorising everyone as the same! I am anti-control yet I am happy to conform with wearing a mask, having my temperature taken, using hand sanitisers etc. I am a guest and will abide. I would just like to be considered adult enough to be allowed out after 10pm and be respected enough not to be idiotic enough to spit on other people

Edited by Walter Travolta
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Burma Bill said:

Yes indeed, dithering and in-decisions by the Thai Government who had "money" on their minds. As for me, almost a 20 year resident, I could see the writing on the wall and left 2 months ago! No curfew where I now live (yet). Bars, restaurants, shops and supermarkets still open here in Cambodia. Borders now closed to keep out tourists and ex-pats thinking of escaping Thailand.

Nice one, and how is everything over there? I bet no mass hysteria?

• Like 1

whats funny is that you have a curfew from a certain time to another...than during the non curfew times..people are out..and probably more so since they were locked down all night..and now feel more compelled to be around doing what they have to do..and if positive, they can be spreading it...IMO..its either 100% complete lockdown if you want to stop it...because once out you're out

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

He said that "nearly" every Thai national wears a face mask. he stands correct 100%. 
Face mask do help to prevent the spread of the virus because someone can be infected with the virus, but they may not show symptoms for up to 2 weeks.  it's just common sense that a face mask can help, and it is also basic medical practice.  

It's not 'nearly' every Thai and it's not every Thai. Plenty of Thais are not wearing masks. He is completely wrong.

Face masks are totally useless. 

All credible top medical professionals will tell you so.

It's just a psychological crutch to wear a face mask. Like an amulet. Totally devoid of scientific fact.

Edited by Logosone
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

58 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

I am booked to fly to Bangkok on monday 6th to enable me to catch my QATAR flight to Australia on friday. I have to go on monday and stay in airport hotel for 3 days,as Bankok air will not be flying after then. This will be my 2nd attempt to fly out as Air Asia cancelled my flight to Brisbane tomorrow.

We are all in locking situation mate . 

Get a pallet of Fosters , and wait for the inevitable ..

If you got any fishing tackle for sale, free ,   i am interested ..

Just now, Logosone said:

It's not 'nearly' every Thai and it's not every Thai. Plenty of Thais are not wearing masks. His not completely wrong.

Face masks are totally useless. 

All credible top medical professionals will tell you so.

It's just a psychological crutch to wear a face mask. Like an amulet. Totally devoid of scientific fact.

You are completely wrong. You are either living in a complete dream world, blind, or you don't even live in Thailand. it has to be one of the three.

I live here, i go out every day to get food, and around 95% of people ARE wearing face masks. And yes, face masks can help.

if you sneeze with a face mask on vs  not wearing one. Which one would produce more droplets into the air? 

Just think about it for a minute... 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

You are completely wrong. You are either living in a complete dream world, blind, or you don't even live in Thailand. it has to be one of the three.

I live here, i go out every day to get food, and around 95% of people ARE wearing face masks. And yes, face masks can help.

if you sneeze with a face mask on vs  not wearing one. Which one would produce more droplets into the air? 

Just think about it for a minute... 

The last few days I have been out I have to disagree with you. Ive noticed about half the thais I see arent wearing them, the rest of your comment I agree with, if someone walked past me and coughed or sneezed, I would rather they had a face mask on obviously

• Thanks 1

Cloth masks do not protect the wearer. Yes I realize probably the majority of the people wearing them think they do and use them as a crutch and also tend to reduce other measures they should be do such as adequate DISTANCING.

But they are good for infected people, infected or not, symptomatic or not, to block their sprays from infecting others.

So if most people or everyone did wear masks most of the infecting people would be covering their sprays and yes that would reduce the rate of infections.

Which is a way of saying that I think everyone should be wearing cloth masks now. I didn't before but I've changed my mind, so sue me. The thing is that the incubation period before symptoms is super long and people are infectious before that and also based on studies so far about 25 to 50 percent of people never get symptoms and they're infectious too. Plus just heard this today -- don't freak out or maybe DO freak out, just talking or breathing CAN transmit this virus.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thai are eating stocked and several times frozen chicken and pork. All fresh slaughtered is exported to China because money is #1. Prices in China are double than what they can get in Thailand. Thailand needs money. Thai must suffer eating 2nd, 3rd rated food or even worse !!!

The fresh meat you buy in the supermarket is only to cook / prepare the same day.  We are in the food supply business so we know what we are talking about. Business now is terrible because we can't get any quality ingredients. Yes, we were supplying Michelin Star restaurant that are closed now but also supplying directly to consumers...

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

Must admit Ive always questioned hand washing and the theory behind it, for example, you go take a pee and obviously touch your willy, then you go and turn a tap on leaving your germs on the tap for the next guy to touch!! Yeah he washes his hands, but then has to turn the same tap off? 
Same with hand sanitisers, you press the pump that many have already touched before you!!

And the list goes on and on!

Coins/banknotes/shopping trolleys/shopping baskets/ATM's/lift buttons/door handles, etc, etc, etc!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Terry2905 said:

And the list goes on and on!

Coins/banknotes/shopping trolleys/shopping baskets/ATM's/lift buttons/door handles, etc, etc, etc!

In fact, the 'private parts' of a mans anatomy are possibly one of the parts of the body that are the cleanest being tucked away out of sight. I know where mine has been, or hasnt, unfortunately ????

• Haha 1