Thailand to announce nationwide curfew starting Friday

webfact

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Shows is the key word. As opposed to ACTUAL. 

Also if it was actually true that the actual cases here are still low (sadly I don't see how anyone with basic common sense could believe that) severe measures at an "early stage" would be even better news! The more severe the measures, as EARLY as possible give the best odds of avoiding even the beginning of exponential infection rates. But I think exponential infection had already begun here.

How many ACTUAL cases are there?

Where do you get the figures from?

This virus has almost certainly been around in Thailand from the very beginning

given the amount of tourists visiting from China. There may well be a spike of

people perishing from pneumonia which haven't been attributed to covid-19 but

if you are unable to give ACTUAL figures then your assertion is as baseless as the

governments.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

How many ACTUAL cases are there?

Where do you get the figures from?

This virus has almost certainly been around in Thailand from the very beginning

given the amount of tourists visiting from China. There may well be a spike of

people perishing from pneumonia which haven't been attributed to covid-19 but

if you are unable to give ACTUAL figures then your assertion is as baseless as the

governments.

Cheap shot. 

It is IMPOSSIBLE for Thailand or any other country to have any idea of actual numbers of infected people either current or past without massive testing including antibody testing to detect the number of previously infected. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

The headline is a curfew between 10 pm to 4 am.

What is the penalty for breaking the curfew? 

Will I get a reward from the BIB for taking a photo of the number plates of all the motorbikes that will go past my condo after 10 pm!

????

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Cheap shot. 

It is IMPOSSIBLE for Thailand or any other country to have any idea of actual numbers of infected people either current or past without massive testing including antibody testing to detect the number of previously infected. 

I cannot understand why all this fuzz about testing, how much time is going to be wasted in testing when all that time and services can be use for normally sick people

Quoting figures from the BBC 163194 people have been tested there and 33718 were positive that mean about 130000 were wasted and could have been used to test health workers

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

They will piece meal it to death, they need to stop all movement 24 hours a day how will a night time curfew work when every one is out the door the next morning off to work or where ever people go.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moe666 said:

They will piece meal it to death, they need to stop all movement 24 hours a day how will a night time curfew work when every one is out the door the next morning off to work or where ever people go.

According to the Thai health minister, the virus only comes out at night!

????

21 minutes ago, Parsve said:

And did you maybe read what I wrote about if we are free from sickness? Apparently not.

Hmm! Kindred soul maybe?

I am not a sex tourist, nor do I sleep with ladies, or lady boys.

No chance of me catching any STD.

I am not resident here, but I have been coming to Thailand for many years on holiday.

Seen it all!

Why have I chosen Pattaya as my home base for many years?

Water sports! 

I love the sea and I go sailing here.

It is convenient to get here from Bangkok, and they have a very good sailing club here.

9 hours ago, z42 said:

What's the point? The numbers of covid19 deaths will be astronomical whether or not a curfew is imposed or not. Plus the numbers given up to now are pathetic and an insult to even the stupidest in society.

This curfew will just squeeze the life out of the people even more. The country is gonna be in a dreadful state when this thing is declared over and borders open, etc again.

If the economy doesn't collapse completely i'll be amazed

Untill now Corona not show the same "astronomical" figures the normal flu did in 2017/2018 (810,000 hospitalizations, and 61,000 deaths).  Of course, media tell different stories, but look at the figures closely and there are about 15.000 deaths solely caused by the effects of the Corona-virus. It are the media that are squeezing all possible news out of this epidemic (making a lot of money), and the politicians are eager to read all this and take unproportional steps like lockdowns, forcing people to handover their freedom completely. Well done media, well done politicians. You destroy the economy of many countries in search of saving some extra lifes, and leaving a trail of bankrupt companies and people without work and a future. Is it all worth that ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hmm!

Let me think about the initial thread?

Ah Yes! Curfew!

How did this post turn into talk about STD's?

Anyway!

Let us all enjoy the "silence is golden", as in the famous song!

No more motorbikes with "go faster" exhausts at night! LOL!

Will it actually happen?

We will find out on Friday night!

9 hours ago, ThePugAndMe said:

I walk the dog at night... does that mean we have to stay inside? Can't expect me tell the dog what time to go for a <deleted>!

I hope you scoop it up and not leave it for others to admire!

53 minutes ago, Terry2905 said:

Hmm! Kindred soul maybe?

I am not a sex tourist, nor do I sleep with ladies, or lady boys.

No chance of me catching any STD.

I am not resident here, but I have been coming to Thailand for many years on holiday.

Seen it all!

Why have I chosen Pattaya as my home base for many years?

Water sports! 

I love the sea and I go sailing here.

It is convenient to get here from Bangkok, and they have a very good sailing club here.

I do not believe we are kindred in the real meaning. But otherwise I am with you. But we have some difference. I have lived in Thailand for the last six years and for one year before that. I am married with a thai women since 5 years ago. not a bargirl and not young, she is 57 years old and we are living in a small village at the countryside in the middle of nowhere. I, as you like Pattaya or I rather prefer Jomtien and also is a big fantast of sailing, even if I not have had a big chance to do it here (my wife is panical scared of tsunami and when we visit the coust, she refuse to go less than six meters from the beach, and even if I love sailing, I love my wife even more and accept). 

6 hours ago, Lingba said:

whats funny is that you have a curfew from a certain time to another...than during the non curfew times..people are out..and probably more so since they were locked down all night..and now feel more compelled to be around doing what they have to do..and if positive, they can be spreading it...IMO..its either 100% complete lockdown if you want to stop it...because once out you're out

100% lockdown only if the govt can dish out free money to the poor..and fast.

Hate to repeat it all the time,a good third of all thais live on a day-by-day basis

A total lockdown will push them over the edge...no money..no food

..and not everyone has family in a village to escape to.

Have you ever witnessed a thai go loco?

Only bullets will stop him

..and btw..he will be coming for your food too.

Sorry to say this but most farangs in this forum have lost touch with reality.

• Thanks 1

Well, with the night time curfew the night time criminal would be easier to spot.

Every one can sleep at night as well, as there used to br a lot who worked

through the night before.  Finally no arrivals, because who would want

to come to a country that has shut down all entertainment venues, malls

even beaches.  Finally the government shows that at least one

of them has a bit of intelligence.

Geezer

14 hours ago, webfact said:

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand is to announce a nationwide curfew between 10 p.m. and 4 a.m.

With all the entertainment venues etc closed I don't quite see what a curfew is going to achieve..

better to leave some freedom of movement but impose restrictions on selling of food etc after 10pm and any groups of people over 5 persons?

Without the ability to buy stuff at night people don't need to go out anyway.

• Like 1

Australia..   over 5000 cases . 24 deaths  ..   is slowing/...  why... 1)  social distancing .. no more than 2 people in groups. Stay 2 meteres apart everywhere . 2) Wash with soap regulary 3)  test test test .. test hotspots. 

50% cases from overseas travellers . All overseas travellers isolated in hotels and police enforced. 

Only takeaway food available plus supermarkets. 

Huge fines for disobeying

11 hours ago, zeamonkey said:

Such a great dunning kruger approach to herd immunity. Respect sir!

I could not respond in the other topic because it is now closed but you answer was perfect.  Thanks for the educational insight.

Whatever your personal view on masks is pls wear one.

90% of thais do where I live.

No need to be provocative in the midst of this madness /wink wink/

I believe masks will be made compulsory soon anyway

Edited by Vigilante
  • Like 1

Well not as bad as 2014 curfew 9.30 pm curfew and TV channels shut down and a possibility of being shot on site (yet). I also drink at home in the evenings after working on the land DIY etc, can get beer delivered from local ma and pop shop too, bed around 11 pm. Only been out twice in 12 days for supplies. Take Care all stay safe. :coffee1:

10 hours ago, Elkski said:

Could this ban relate directly to sex workers going to hotel rooms?

There's nothing I've observed that prevents a sex worker going to a hotel at 11 am or 3 pm.

15 hours ago, Aitchpee said:

Looks like they want to be seen to do something without actually doing anything effective

Ahhh yes.

It was ever thus. A part of the Thai modus operandi. I guess we'll see but my opinion is this has nothing whatever to do with COVID-19.

6 hours ago, tonboy said:

Untill now Corona not show the same "astronomical" figures the normal flu did in 2017/2018 (810,000 hospitalizations, and 61,000 deaths).  Of course, media tell different stories, but look at the figures closely and there are about 15.000 deaths solely caused by the effects of the Corona-virus. It are the media that are squeezing all possible news out of this epidemic (making a lot of money), and the politicians are eager to read all this and take unproportional steps like lockdowns, forcing people to handover their freedom completely. Well done media, well done politicians. You destroy the economy of many countries in search of saving some extra lifes, and leaving a trail of bankrupt companies and people without work and a future. Is it all worth that ?

No, it's not worth it.  So what do you think the real motivation is behind the worldwide lockdown?

Part of it is obviously a huge transference of wealth.  Also, lockdown will acellerate the world financial system failure which was already in progress.  I'm sure there's more.  This has been planned for a long time.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kadilo said:

No doubt they can then show that it was the halting of the “dirty foreigners” solved the problem. 
I look forward to that  graph soon. 

Student in Wuhan has tested positive for covid-19, just returned from the UK.