Thailand to announce nationwide curfew starting Friday

webfact

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

I didn't say that you did, or would, it's kadilo that made the claim I'm disputing the veracity of.

Actually he made no such claim. What he inferred was that the official figures were not representive of the true numbers infected , which is clearly true.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, thecyclist said:

Does the virus spread faster at night? The general is confusing this with the red shirt riots or the May 1992 unrest. A stay at home order makes sense, except for essential outings, but have these essential outings spread out over 24 hours is better than have everybody rush to the Supermarkets at the same time. I have seen supermarkets so packed it made social distancing impossible. 

So you introduce a queuing system that is happening all over the world at present whereby people wait in an orderly fashion 2 m behind each other outside the store and are let in when the store is safe to do so. 

Tesco Lotus said they were adopting this already with only 15 at a time inside. 

• Sad 1

Maybe you can have a party after 10 PM , invite the locals and promise them free drinks.   Everyone wearing masks of course but could be fun. 

9 minutes ago, balo said:

Maybe you can have a party after 10 PM , invite the locals and promise them free drinks.   Everyone wearing masks of course but could be fun. 

Then it's a social gathering and that's not allowed at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

The tone of your post and the emoji did it, it doesn't need to be word for word, that's the magic of the English language.

Ahh, never mind :whistling: 

• Haha 1

good luck i was leave on 26.2  that was even the plan without corona.

they are mad ...all measures they take just nonsense

and here

?????  from reuters

thailand suspends all international flights  from now without notice for 2 days ???? only?? for what???

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-thailand/thailand-suspends-incoming-passenger-flights-to-fight-coronavirus-idUSKBN21L2WT?il=0

On 4/2/2020 at 7:39 PM, Logosone said:

Obviously I meant in the long term. Like I said, it will buy a short time. But eventually the curfews and lockdowns will have to stop. If you have not identified and isolated the infected by then, what will happen?

You will just get further waves of infected.

So in the long term curfews and lockdowns will achieve nothing.

I cannot for the light of me believe that there still people out their stating that lock downs and curfews don’t work . They are working or is that just a big hoax ? Lock downs and curfews is what the scientific and medical community been saying to do since the inception of this virus. Like I said scientist are endeavouring to contain this thing until a vaccine is produced . 

36 minutes ago, ace000 said:

I cannot for the light of me believe that there still people out their stating that lock downs and curfews don’t work .

As said they do work but if people don't comply which is what is happening then it does no good.

Not only that people don't understand the incubation contagious period where people are infected and and can pass on the virus without knowing it, which is the main problem IMHO.

19 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

As said they do work but if people don't comply which is what is happening then it does no good.

Not only that people don't understand the incubation contagious period where people are infected and and can pass on the virus without knowing it, which is the main problem IMHO.

Firstly Thais in general are doing a good job complying , secondly the restriction are working , remember we are not trying to fix the problem we are trying to contain it until such time a vaccine is developed. Thirdly you cannot say people are not complying so let let’s not have lock downs and and other restrictions to contain the virus. That concept at best lacks foresight and planing in my opinion.

• Like 1

Iran is opening up now, people going back to work, not 100% back to work, Italy is working out the details to open its country too, If Italy and Iran can do it in April, then the ongoing control by the men in green has other meanings

• 1 year later...
On 4/2/2020 at 4:02 PM, z42 said:

What's the point? The numbers of covid19 deaths will be astronomical whether or not a curfew is imposed or not. Plus the numbers given up to now are pathetic and an insult to even the stupidest in society.

This curfew will just squeeze the life out of the people even more. The country is gonna be in a dreadful state when this thing is declared over and borders open, etc again.

If the economy doesn't collapse completely i'll be amazed

You'll be amazed then because it won't callapse. 

7 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Is it really necessary to resurrect a thread from over a year ago? 

I agree - Very misleading - at first glance  I thought it applied to THIS Friday!

Maybe a MOD would consider locking the thread please?

Edited by VBF
  • Thanks 1