Thailand to announce nationwide curfew starting Friday

webfact

2 minutes ago, ericdiam said:

So <deleted> stupid this dictatorship regime. Zero brain at all. Only army people like curfew and lock up everybody, showing their power. The spreading wont reduce with this. From 10pm to 4am there are nearly no people outside anyway. The biggest spreading happens daily in public transport, BTS, MRT, busses, vans. Thousands of people travel there daily in day and evening, NOT in middle of the night! Same closing convenient stores on the quietest hours of the day. Had someone in this regime any brain that thinks proper and looks whats happening in other countries with mass of people together.

But what about ppl having no money and roam the streets in the night to look for some?

As many said, not much savings for the average Thai person ... without a job. This could get ugly.

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, z42 said:

What's the point? The numbers of covid19 deaths will be astronomical whether or not a curfew is imposed or not. Plus the numbers given up to now are pathetic and an insult to even the stupidest in society.

This curfew will just squeeze the life out of the people even more. The country is gonna be in a dreadful state when this thing is declared over and borders open, etc again.

If the economy doesn't collapse completely i'll be amazed

Imo.It's all about the bed count. So far thailand is managing it. That's "the point"

37 minutes ago, z42 said:

What's the point? The numbers of covid19 deaths will be astronomical whether or not a curfew is imposed or not. Plus the numbers given up to now are pathetic and an insult to even the stupidest in society.

This curfew will just squeeze the life out of the people even more. The country is gonna be in a dreadful state when this thing is declared over and borders open, etc again.

If the economy doesn't collapse completely i'll be amazed

So time to move out... when and if we can of course, and where to is another good question. Let's all hope for the better in general.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

So time to move out... when and if we can of course, and where to is another good question. Let's all hope for the better in general.

I seriously doubt that hoping for the best will achieve anything useful.

I might be wrong but I don't think I am.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spermwhale said:

Security? Hahah . I will buy everybody on Thaivisa drinks the day I see security officers roaming the streets of Thailand to check on people breaking curfew. The lazy cops and military here would never be bothered to do their jobs. 

Well, TVF has a Community Service Volunteer who likes to publicise the fact that he is one.

Maybe his time has come.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ParkerN said:

Well, TVF has a Community Service Volunteer who likes to publicise the fact that he is one.

Maybe his time has come.

<deleted> are you talking about?

Edited by RedPill

55 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

should i go buy some more stuff?

I'm hearing things about panic buying inside China as people stock up on rice to last them 6 months.

Why would they be doing that?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, spermwhale said:

Security? Hahah . I will buy everybody on Thaivisa drinks the day I see security officers roaming the streets of Thailand to check on people breaking curfew. The lazy cops and military here would never be bothered to do their jobs. 

Don't know, I do remember military, sand sacks and road blocks on the street in Thailand ... not so long time ago.