Thailand to announce nationwide curfew starting Friday

webfact

33 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

A lot of cargo is transported throughout the Kingdom by truck at night time. This will disrupt supplies.

they will be exempt, as will a few other sectors

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

No doubt they can then show that it was the halting of the “dirty foreigners” solved the problem. 
I look forward to that  graph soon. 

All countries worldwide have travel restrictions. Temporarely halting entry foreigners is a smart move.

What happened in yr life to chose to live in a new country yet be so cynical about yr new home country.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Mark1066 said:

Where in the world are they doing mass testing? In the UK, for example, the guidelines recommend staying at home if you have symptoms. It's not possible for ordinary people to get tested there unless they are exhibiting severe symptoms.

South Korea, Germany and Russia do extensive testing. By doing that you can see the enemy. If you don't do enough testing you are fighting against the windmills. That's the mistake most counties make. Thailand chose the latter.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10pm to 4pm is the time when the local hoons get kitted out and do whatever the local hoons do - probably none of it is exactly legal.

This is what the government wanted to do anyway so it could gain control over the local hoons, COVID-19 jut presented an opportunity, and you know what Thais are like with opportunities...

Like a rat up a drainpipe...

9 minutes ago, Mark1066 said:

I'm not assuming anything. I was answering a post that suggested a mortality rate of under .5% means we should just get on with life and worry about those who don't die. It wasn't my figure.

By the way, the biophysicist you quoted also stated that the thousand or so new cases a day being reported in Iran last week suggested that they were over the halfway mark there as far as the spread of the virus was concerned. Iran reported nearly three thousand new cases yesterday and the same again so far today, so I'd take his opinion with a large pinch of salt.

I wasn't suggesting you came up with the figure. You came up with the statement though that 0.5% would mean 39 million dead. This does assume a linear growth of virus tranmission. It doesn't work that way. You can't assume the number of new infections is super linear because most people only meet a limited handful of people every day. 

You are of course right to keep an eye on the prediction Levitt made, we shall see if he's right about the exact figure again, as he was with China.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kadilo said:
10 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

.........., should pull their necks in!

Oh the irony. 
The only person getting agitated and angry using !!! Is you. 

I'm not getting agitated, or angry, I'm commenting, that's all, and I've never used multiple "!!!s", that was you, yet another poster making a false claim.

There was no irony in my comments, I wasn't the one making unjustifiable claims!

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Here we go.

Sounds like a good idea.

Also this..

No more people coming in.

15858173817174963328257453895525.jpg

Better late than never ...:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Presumably u are Australian, so why can't u speak English properly?

That's what Aussies do (and I know whereof I speak). They speak English badly.

Still, look on the bright side: they're a bit behind the game line on woke. but if they want to say 'you' they say 'you' and not u, so that's a plus.

Swings and roundabouts.

Edited by ParkerN
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Thunder26 said:

I agree with you, but I start doubting that these draconian measures that destroy Thai economy and many lives are indeed necessary with such a small number of cases that they are reporting. It doesn't make sense for 100 people infected a day to stop the whole economy. I've been following this virus from day one. And now I'm having seconds thoughts.

I figure they understand as well as we do, that testing hasn't been adequate, and the case count is expected to be somewhat higher. If the quarantine has to happen at some point (and let's be realistic, it probably does, no country has yet met success with half measures), better to do it early rather than later.

1 hour ago, ttrd said:

Better late than never ...:thumbsup:

Love the signature line...

"The "wealthiest" is NOT the one who has the most, BUT the one who needs the least'

Makes me feel better having sod all.  But hey, needing so little is probably a good thing because I've got sod all. Silver lining...

Edited by ParkerN

5 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

I'm not getting agitated, or angry, I'm commenting, that's all, and I've never used multiple "!!!s", that was you, yet another poster making a false claim.

There was no irony in my comments, I wasn't the one making unjustifiable claims!

Yes as others are commenting

Not everyone has to agree with you or me 

1 hour ago, Hockeybik said:

It isn't doubling every 2-3 days, be thankful for that.

It may be trebling for all we know , figures are meaningless without wholesale testing.

Its moot anyway , the measures introduced are the same regardless of the official numbers of cases or deaths.

If ' ignorance is bliss ' is a motto that appeals , then the Thai approach is fine.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, z42 said:

What's the point? The numbers of covid19 deaths will be astronomical whether or not a curfew is imposed or not. Plus the numbers given up to now are pathetic and an insult to even the stupidest in society.

This curfew will just squeeze the life out of the people even more. The country is gonna be in a dreadful state when this thing is declared over and borders open, etc again.

If the economy doesn't collapse completely i'll be amazed

If anyone thinks this will be over by end April, think again, no not May, that's maybe end June.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

I think it should start from 8pm. I'm not really sure if 10pm is going to make a huge amount of difference now that bars and other nighttime entertainment has been closed. But time will tell. 

Hrrrm. Probably, but not every wave from a drowning man says "hi there, come on in, the water's fine'.