Thailand to announce nationwide curfew starting Friday

webfact

2 hours ago, z42 said:

What's the point? The numbers of covid19 deaths will be astronomical whether or not a curfew is imposed or not. Plus the numbers given up to now are pathetic and an insult to even the stupidest in society.

This curfew will just squeeze the life out of the people even more. The country is gonna be in a dreadful state when this thing is declared over and borders open, etc again.

If the economy doesn't collapse completely i'll be amazed

Excellent, you clearly have some solid research and evidence to support this. When you finish your next Chang, Professor, can you post it please.

Edited by Snig27
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

North Korea has zero cases of this virus. Baffles me why other countries aren't copying their model to contain the spread of this virus........

At least copy China's model, huh? 

Notes me that there are still some that believes in Santa, but by all means, its said that Christmas lasts until Easter... :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Now if you could learn to appreciate golf, you would really be up with the intelligentsia.

Sorry mate, its never gonna happen.

Live and let live tho yeh..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Doesn’t bother me in the slightest, im in bed at 8 most nights. 

With who, that is the question. I'm guessing someone has already made this "oh so witty" remark. I tend to read the first and last comments on a lengthy thread. I must say most of them develop into a pi#$ing contest.

1 hour ago, Snig27 said:

Excellent, you clearly have some solid research and evidence to support this. When you finish your next Chang, Professor, can you post it please.

O-P-I-N-I-O-N

Snig? seriously? Perhaps I should be reaching for UD.

• Haha 1

Useless decision and late.   It takes 24 hours curfew, suspension of all flights in and out, keep people at home, no mass transportation, no public events...etc

Only essential services and only none person per house allowed to go out for groceries.

Otherwise, things will continue to get out of control.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It's already scary and creepy to go out after 10 p.m. where I live. I did the other night and I felt like a sitting duck for crims, snakes, fleeing frogs, wild dogs, and overly inquisitive police officers. So I've already curfewed myself!

Jingthing, i hope your ok, please don't go out after dark ...  those mozzies can be hell 

2 hours ago, ParkerN said:

Well, TVF has a Community Service Volunteer who likes to publicise the fact that he is one.

Maybe his time has come.

You posted this after my comment about military and possibly the curfew is there to provide security at night.

I don't know what '...that he is one' means. Who is that one you are referring to?

And not this riddle: 

"Well, if you don't know, it means you haven't noticed. I which case, the answer is to notice more and demand less.

Just a suggestion you understand..."

No, I don't understand.

Speak up clearly if you have to say something

Edited by RedPill

2 hours ago, z42 said:

What's the point? The numbers of covid19 deaths will be astronomical whether or not a curfew is imposed or not. Plus the numbers given up to now are pathetic and an insult to even the stupidest in society.

This curfew will just squeeze the life out of the people even more. The country is gonna be in a dreadful state when this thing is declared over and borders open, etc again.

If the economy doesn't collapse completely i'll be amazed

no different to any other countries effected by this,economies all over will be in dire straits 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

Yes, saw this on the Thai TV news, then came here to see if anything was mentioned.

Seems reasonably sensible, not sure how they're going to police it, especially in outlying areas.

I guess this is the 'last chance' to prevent a massive spread, if it fails then it's going to play out over many months as it spreads through the population who go out and mingle with others.

This morning our pu yai announced over the loudspeaker that nobody from outside the village would be allowed in. Now everybody in the village has a mask on by order of the pu yai, a few days ago nobody wore one.

3 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

People still dont get it, if everyone stays home for 2-3 weeks the virus dies. Its not a government conspiracy or a plot to get rid of foreigners.

Yea but I think the jam packed line a immigration is a conspiracy to get rid of foreigners through Corona infection...

• Like 1

Curfew starts officially tomorrow with military and police on roadways, steet corners and intersections, asoke being a busy place for military and police, I expect tanks will roll any day as well.

Good job if Khun Prayut is to stop the covid19 from spreading further.

image.png.12d2283fc7d1237d7ca42f37eb3d5484.png

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Quite stringent measures for a Country that shows so few cases ????

Myanmar and Laos both started closing their borders, with Laos closing schools, long before any official cases were confirmed. Obviously you don't know what's really going on here.

• Sad 1