The corona extension is a 15 day stamp x2 ! My experience today at CW

10 hours ago, Maestro said:

The 15 days "under consideration" is for a higher ranking official to be available and have the time to approve your application.

Is that the real reason? There isn't any other motive behind this change in process? My question is rhetorical, but I've learned to question things because in life what you see is not always what you get.

• Like 2

Hi, to avoid another 4 hour wait - go early. The place opens at 8, I believe, and you can queue up before - then less wait time. Just space out in the queue to social distance. 
As for the social distancing - the immigration is doing the right thing. It doesn't need to shut down, just space people apart. 

• Sad 2

Definitely an excellent way to stop Covid in its tracks. And in another thread I read 9 separate documents needed and shuffled through several pairs of hands to help keep the virus moving. It's not just bonkers its life threatening to all, IOs included.

National security? Come on Thailand, your people are dying too

So make it easy, stop the spread.

And why is a more senior officer not available to sign off the 30 days if they can't delegate this function even in an emergency?

• Like 2

Question for the OP: you state "the extension I paid 1900 baht in March ran out today," When you applied in March did you have an expiring visitation stamp or had you already been granted a visa extension?

• Like 1

This will increase the probability of getting corona.  This increases the chances of dying from corona.  This increases the percentage of foreign people in Thailand who have corona.

Now can claim it's foreigners fault, and havenumbers to back it up.

Yes, just being cynical.  I'm bored and can't go out.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, JayBird said:

This will increase the probability of getting corona.  This increases the chances of dying from corona.  This increases the percentage of foreign people in Thailand who have corona.

Are they starting to take contact tracing seriously? If your job is to contact trace, and you get a case who was at CW immigration, that task becomes almost impossible.

So to confirm the forms needed at CW for the "Covid - Just Go Home Whitey" Extension

Forms

TM7 Form

Acknowledgement of Overstay Penalty Form

Documents

Passport

Embassy Letter

Marriage Certificate

Blue Book (Tabien Baan)

WIfe's ID Card

2x Passport photos

2x Photocopies of:

Passport pages

TM6 Card

Marriage Certificate

Blue Book (Tabien Baan) pages

Wife's ID

Embassy Letter

Edited by fondue zoo
typo & missing form

3 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

So to confirm the forms needed at CW for the "Covid - Just Go Home Whitey" Extension

Forms

TM7 Form

Acknowledgement of Overstay Penalty Form

Documents

Passport

Marriage Certificate

Blue Book (Tabien Baan)

WIfe's ID Card

2x Passport photos

2x Photocopies of:

Passport pages

TM6 Card

Marriage Certificate

Blue Book (Tabien Baan) pages

Wife's ID

Don't you need a map of your house/flat/hotel now? And pics of you outside it?

Here in Vietnam all immigration offices closed down from April 1 to 15:If your visa expires during that period, you will not to be penalized. Probably a better way to halt the spread of the virus. But Thais love their paperwork. Old habits die hard, even when lives are at stake. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

Here in Vietnam all immigration offices closed down from April 1 to 15:If your visa expires during that period, you will not to be penalized. Probably a better way to halt the spread of the virus. But Thais love their paperwork. Old habits die hard, even when lives are at stake. 

yes thais love paperwork, signatures and stamps, they have a hierarchical culture that permeates throughout society, if you want to live here then you need to understand and accept this, manage your expectations accordingly and not try to fight against the system.

in all honesty getting a few documents together and copying them isn't an onerous task.

yes they need to apply a little more common sense to reducing the number of people visiting immigration offices and to practical, not superficial, social distancing.