Is air mail coming from the UK?

ivor bigun

Thailand Post is sanitizing all incoming packages which will cause a short delay. Regular letter post has been only airmail for years and is still operating. Shipping parcels to the US is stopped, by US postal service.

4 hours ago, brommers said:

Thailand Post is sanitizing all incoming packages which will cause a short delay. Regular letter post has been only airmail for years and is still operating. Shipping parcels to the US is stopped, by US postal service.

Are they really sanitizing anything, or are they just putting a 72-hour hold on shipments, which is how long it takes for covid-19 virus to die on surfaces?

• 1 month later...

I received my pension statements and P60's about a week ago. They would have been posted after Apr 6th of course, the end of the tax year so I'd call that more or less normal delivery time.

5 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I received my pension statements and P60's about a week ago. They would have been posted after Apr 6th of course, the end of the tax year so I'd call that more or less normal delivery time.

Can you tell whether they were sent by Royal Mail or through some 3rd rate courier company in Europe. It used to be that Govt Gateway codes would be sent this way so that they had always expired before I received them by mail in Thailand. Happened to me twice, had to tell them to send by regular mail which took less than a week.

1 hour ago, rak sa_ngop said:

Can you tell whether they were sent by Royal Mail or through some 3rd rate courier company in Europe. It used to be that Govt Gateway codes would be sent this way so that they had always expired before I received them by mail in Thailand. Happened to me twice, had to tell them to send by regular mail which took less than a week.

Yes they were sent by Royal Mail. That was the first thing I checked, as I knew someone would ask. ????

Another thread posed the same question last week. I checked with the Royal Mail who were saying there is no air mail available at the moment. If you need to get something to Thailand - try the courier companies like DHL, UPS, etc.

23 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Another thread posed the same question last week. I checked with the Royal Mail who were saying there is no air mail available at the moment. If you need to get something to Thailand - try the courier companies like DHL, UPS, etc.

Looks like mail services from the UK to Thailand have now resumed:-

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5317/~/international-incident-bulletin

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2020 at 4:24 PM, Crossy said:

Yes, this is what my parents were told, my documents are on their way, we shall see just how long they take.

Just to update, both letters arrived today 26/05/20 so 13 days end to end, not that much worse than in better times.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Had something sent with tracking on Tue. 15th. UK to Thailand.

The tracking as of today 21/12 says " Tue. 15th item leaving the UK Heathrow Worldwide Distribution Centre " .

There has been no movement since.

Edited by NE1