BANGKOK
Maybole

Report on application for extension of stay for marriage Chiang Mai Immigration 02/04/2020

Thanks for the report, very useful

Is this for 60 days or 90 days, please? And what is a TM47 for? Thank you.

3 hours ago, bamboozled said:

Is this for 60 days or 90 days, please? And what is a TM47 for? Thank you.

Neither! As it says in the headline, it's an:"Application for extension of stay for marriage Chiang Mai Immigration 02/04/2020".

The TM47 is:"Form for Alien to Notify of Staying Longer than 90 days"

Regards,

Joe

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ProbPossConf said:

CM IO's must be color blind requesting forms to be hand scribbled in blue ink instead of clear, uniformed typewritten info.

They have been happy with my typewritten in blue ink the past two times.  Can do with standard pdf editor.  Next time who knows.

• Like 1

For the financial requirements, did you use the method of having 400,000THB in a Thai bank account for a period no less than 2 months prior to making the application for extension of stay or the monthly income of 40,000THB and working in Thailand?

6 hours ago, Shoeless Joe said:

Neither! As it says in the headline, it's an:"Application for extension of stay for marriage Chiang Mai Immigration 02/04/2020".

Regards,

Joe

Hi Joe, thanks for the info. It's difficult to keep track of the terminology of all the different methods to stay here. I have a non-O and will be applying for a 60 day extension to visit Thai wife. I would call that an application of stay for marriage. I don't know officially if that's what it's called, however. Hmm, will I have to complete a TM47, I don't know.

Posted (edited)

I can see the point (oops, nearly said "logic") of requiring all the paperwork to be one sided, but can't for the life of me understand why they insist on one passport double page per sheet when two fit perfectly well.  Last year I presented beautifully rendered two up colour prints with all of the pages in order and even footers showing the passport page numbers, only to be told the same as the OP for this year. I seem to remember she claimed that it was to make room for the signing stamp, but it's still possible to fit that in if you know in advance.  Of course they could make a template form available for download which we could copy onto, but that would be way too easy....

A huge and unforgivable waste of paper.

Edited by Greenside
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ProbPossConf said:

CM IO's must be color blind requesting forms to be hand scribbled in blue ink instead of clear, uniformed typewritten info.

When I worked...forgotten how many times was told..write in blue...maybe something to do with photocopying...although with color available seems stupid

11 hours ago, Shoeless Joe said:

Regards,

Joe

Thank you, you beat me to it.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

For the financial requirements, did you use the method of having 400,000THB in a Thai bank account for a period no less than 2 months prior to making the application for extension of stay or the monthly income of 40,000THB and working in Thailand?

Deposit in Bank for two months. I do not understand why they want a full year's details

Edited by Maybole
Second thoughts