Sale of alcohol banned in Surin

bubblegum

I am just over the border in Buriram, my village shop told me today is the last time I can get beer for 14 days. The wholesale delivery company have been told no more delivery's. So even if the local shops want to carry on selling they wont be able to get supply's.

Luckily for me my local shop ordered extra Cheers red for me. I have stocked up, so I will not be affected if it continues for a month or so.

44 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

Now in Prasat (and I'm guessing all of Surin) curfew starts 20.00 hours till ??

2200 - 0400. Announced last night in Kap Choeng over the local PA's

Edited by khwaibah

2 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

maybe they do these bans to help momma pappa shops

Unlikely. The village headman has been to our shop to warn mum-in-law. about selling alcohol. If shops in our village sell alcohol he is in the s^%t.

Besides, most mom and pop shops carry stock for no more than a couple of days. With wholesalers closed, mom and pop shops will soon be out of stock.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, puchooay said:

Unlikely. The village headman has been to our shop to warn mum-in-law. about selling alcohol. If shops in our village sell alcohol he is in the s^%t.

Besides, most mom and pop shops carry stock for no more than a couple of days. With wholesalers closed, mom and pop shops will soon be out of stock.

I guess there's money to be made in bribes rather than show compassion for struggling businesses

Good information - a ban lasting more than a few days will require a serious stock up then

Got 3 boxes of Chang and a tray of cans for a friend that can't get out. This was a sudden announcement with no time to plan anything so everyone was rushing about today, it turns out it started the day before (2nd) but I bought beer from the 7/11 yesterday evening and there were no notices posted. Because of this I could get beer today but I was told in the shop it was only for today. I'm very sure if needed I could go to most momma poppa shops and get a few bottles of cold beer if required. This is a pointless exercise for no return as people who want a few beers will go searching for it now instead of being able to buy it in Big C or Makro etc along with their groceries.

• Like 1