Electricity bills cut by 3% to ease virus burden

snoop1130

1 hour ago, bubblegum said:

Didn't have it on my bill !

Which seems logical to me since it starts this month: April;

and you tell us about your latest bill, that of March

" The regulator also waived the minimum charge for consumer categories 3,4,5,6 and 7 from this month to June."

1 hour ago, dabhand said:

Received my March bill a few days back. The rate had increased by about 2%. So, the promised decrease of 3% for next month sounds like a trick that shady sellers use just before the annual sales start.

Thanks a bunch!!

Considering that the PEA tariffs have until now not changed since November 2018... where are you buying your electricity from that you saw a 2% increase?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, eeworldwide said:

oh wow - a glorious 300THB reduction on my monthly bill. How benevolent.  Considering the fact that we're about to enter the hottest time of the year,,,,,

Wow a 10,000 baht electricity bill, holy cow.  I have a 165 sqm condo and my bill with 4 Acs running a good portion f the day and my electric water heaters is only 5,000 baht. What the heck do you run to spend that much....

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wow a 10,000 baht electricity bill, holy cow.  I have a 165 sqm condo and my bill with 4 Acs running a good portion f the day and my electric water heaters is only 5,000 baht. What the heck do you run to spend that much....

A house with pool pumps, a bunch of aircons etc? I know of a few people with 7k or 8k bills and they don't even have a big family in there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Houses are typically 180-240 sqm and villas up from that. 6-10 ACs, lots of other goodies, it adds up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eisfeld said:

A house with pool pumps, a bunch of aircons etc? I know of a few people with 7k or 8k bills and they don't even have a big family in there.

Darn, I have a family of 4 so, 8 showers a day, the stove a glass top electric, and the refrigerator and freezer, and the hot tub burn an average of 5,000 baht, plus that includes my wine refrigerator and the air purifiers which run 24/7.  I guess I can count myself lucky, of course whoopee a 150 baht discount, in these Covid times......

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Darn, I have a family of 4 so, 8 showers a day, the stove a glass top electric, and the refrigerator and freezer, and the hot tub burn an average of 5,000 baht, plus that includes my wine refrigerator and the air purifiers which run 24/7.  I guess I can count myself lucky, of course whoopee a 150 baht discount, in these Covid times......

No AC?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Houses are typically 180-240 sqm and villas up from that. 6-10 ACs, lots of other goodies, it adds up.

I guess so, my condo is a 3 bedroom, and only a single story penthouse, so yes, a 2 story home would burn electricity.  My house in the US, during the summer would run about 20,000 baht now that I think of it.  Winter half that as the wood stove and heater would be on, but my propane bill was also 6,000 baht a month

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

yes, I have 4 AC's that run pretty much 24/7

I don’t understand. How?

My bill is consistently around the 3,000baht mark using 1 AC in the bedroom. It’s new and inverter. 1 floor fan 24/7, and another bigger fan for half the day. If I turned on 4 AC’s 24/7 my bill would be +10,000/month

3 minutes ago, lust said:

I don’t understand. How?

My bill is consistently around the 3,000baht mark using 1 AC in the bedroom. It’s new and inverter. 1 floor fan 24/7, and another bigger fan for half the day. If I turned on 4 AC’s 24/7 my bill would be +10,000/month

Not sure, how I manage it, maybe because I run them at 26, and keep the house at an average of 27.  no floor fan's, just 2 Xiomi  Pro Air purifiers, and we do keep the lights off most of the time because its a penthouse.  All lights are led's, and my PM 2.5 is at 11 right now as I write this.  I also have a washer and dryer in the condo. the dryer runs once a day as we do 1 load a day to keep up. 2 adults and 2 kids, aged 6 and 9.

Edited by ThailandRyan