Electricity bills cut by 3% to ease virus burden

snoop1130

3% is not much but something, ever little bit helps those who don't earn much.  Saves me 54 baht on the electric bill, add 10 baht or so and I can get a bottle of Leo!  

Your getting ripped of mate.

Maybe but a good cold beer at the end of a hot day makes it worth it!

Edited by Saraburi121
Quote didn't add or I didn't do it properly and would be a mute statement without the quote.
  • Confused 1

On 4/3/2020 at 10:08 AM, Dazinoz said:

For a non inverter yes, but for an inverter type you are better off buying a bit bigger one than is required for your room. A lot of people buy an inverter just big enough for the room. The AC then mostly runs at full speed which is a waste money in paying extra for the inverter and the possible repair costs. If larger than required it can bring the room temp down faster then will run slower to keep room temp and save money. Another thing people don't realise there is a LOT of electronics in an inverter AC. In really hot weather, and depending where the outdoor unit is placed, the electronics gets hot and the Acs are "smart" enough to de-rate themselves to keep the electronics overheating. So again better to have bigger.

I have an inverter and I just need to set it at 28° with this simple idea, as explained on the video. The curtain stops the cold air and helps keep the bed area cold (or a living room, an office, etc). Any of you can try temporarily with any material; even if you can't close everything, you'll see that it works. Make the room as small as possible.

We save close to 500 Baht a month and the air conditioner doesn't have to work hard anymore during the hot season.

4 minutes ago, frequentatore said:

I have an inverter and I just need to set it at 28° with this simple idea, as explained on the video. The curtain stops the cold air and helps keep the bed area cold (or a living room, an office, etc). Any of you can try temporarily with any material; even if you can't close everything, you'll see that it works. Make the room as small as possible.

We save close to 500 Baht a month and the air conditioner doesn't have to work hard anymore during the hot season.

Yes what you have done all helps. My post was referring to you saying but a smaller AC next time.

9 minutes ago, frequentatore said:

I'll buy smaller air conditioners in the future. People who want to try this simple idea will understand.

I understand the simple idea you have suggested. But As i installed and did training courses on split Acs I UNDERSTAND about them. Ok up to you but you are not obviously reading what I say about buying smaller than required INVERTER ACs. Waste your money if you so wish to.

21 minutes ago, frequentatore said:

I'll buy smaller air conditioners in the future. People who want to try this simple idea will understand.

I am renting and have a portable AC. The bedrooms have ACs but the living area does not. The portable is too small. There used to be an AC but I guess it died and they did not replace it. I did a deal with the owner for a new AC and I had to pay half. When I looked at an AC big enough for the area it was too expensive for me. So I decided to buy a smaller unit and use in conjunction with the portable. When I went to buy the AC the staff trying really hard for me to buy inverter. But I refused for the reasons I stated in my earlier post about inverters.

On 4/2/2020 at 9:43 PM, eeworldwide said:

I have 8 aircons, a fully equipped recording studio a fully functioning kitchen and 4 kids. Fridges and water-coolers and ovens and tvs etc etc  - it all adds a month

Golly, I only have ceiling/wall mounted fans in the three bedrooms (one never used) kitchen and living room, TV and fridge freezer. But, I have a teenage daughter. I ventured into her lair this morning and it was like standing under a Chinook Helicopter trying to lift a heavy underslung load - ceiling fan and floor fan going full blast, plus a separate desk fan for Snowball and Cookie the Chihuahuas! 

With that it varies between B750 and B940 a month.

On 4/3/2020 at 9:16 AM, Henryford said:

My electric bill is 1000 baht, what can i buy for 30 baht?

B5 more and you can have a small can of Chang...

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, JAG said:

But, I have a teenage daughter. I ventured into her lair this morning and it was like standing under a Chinook Helicopter trying to lift a heavy underslung load - ceiling fan and floor fan going full blast, plus a separate desk fan for Snowball and Cookie the Chihuahuas! 

Ah- but we love our daughters! Even though their heads are on a different planet - one that we can never reach.  It's a hot time of year - hope those fans hold up!!

4 minutes ago, eeworldwide said:

Ah- but we love our daughters! Even though their heads are on a different planet - one that we can never reach.  It's a hot time of year - hope those fans hold up!!

So do Snowball and Cookie the Chihuahuas! 

• Haha 1

I came up with a cunning plan,i took a curtain from my outside storage room, this is a proper room, my ex wife's retard of a son was going to live i there,now it basically for tools and other things i store,i erected this over the arched doorway to the north wing of the house,that is not used unless my g'f s, lovely 19 year old daughter comes to stay[she is at uni],this has stopped the cool air from the a/c floating up there,and made the main room which is large i grant you a lot cooler,also close curtains and blinds to the west of the house after about 1pm,we used to do this in oz, keeps the house cooler,one disadvantage,very dark inside,hurts the eyes as they adjust when you come in from outside also,if you stay in the a'c it makes it worse if you go outside,i only go out a present for a dip in the pool and a smoke.