farangs in pattaya not wearing masks'

Wardp

Apparently this is a specific problem for Pattaya as it has been talked about many times. Maybe it´s just harder to understand what´s right do do for guests in that city.

Anyway, very shameful!

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Apparently this is a specific problem for Pattaya as it has been talked about many times. Maybe it´s just harder to understand what´s right do do for guests in that city.

Anyway, very shameful!

i was out today and saw many thais without a mask......!!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, essox essox said:

i was out today and saw many thais without a mask......!!

Where?

On a motorbike or walking on an empty street maybe.

But any public place like a market, 7-11, etc. I have seen 100% of them wearing masks.  Only dumb falang without.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

It's a panacea - when in Rome ... . As far as I can see we're all gonna get it eventually, they're just trying to flatten the curve. I must admit getting it when ventilators are in short supply is probably a bad idea. Triage and all that. Get it at the start or the end, if you're vulnerable ride it out in self-isolation. Youngsters can probably take this in their stride, like measles, mumps - I laughed in your face. I did have a smallcox innoculation though, to be fair. And maybe they'll develop something similar. I think it's a something a long way away. Whatever, humans will come out stronger, am I the only one who thinks killing off the elderly and sick may not be a bad thing, speaking as someone who is elderly and sick. Ha!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nausea said:

It's a panacea - when in Rome ... . As far as I can see we're all gonna get it eventually, they're just trying to flatten the curve. I must admit getting it when ventilators are in short supply is probably a bad idea. Triage and all that. Get it at the start or the end, if you're vulnerable ride it out in self-isolation. Youngsters can probably take this in their stride, like measles, mumps - I laughed in your face. I did have a smallcox innoculation though, to be fair. And maybe they'll develop something similar. I think it's a something a long way away. Whatever, humans will come out stronger, am I the only one who thinks killing off the elderly and sick may not be a bad thing, speaking as someone who is elderly and sick. Ha!

Young ones have also died.

Tell me, how many deaths is acceptable.

• Haha 1

I just heard in Vietnam you get a $10 fine the first offence for not wearing a mask in public, second offence up to one year jail. Unsure if this applies at province level, or nation wide.

Wonder how many arrogant westerners will get caught out by this, as it seems some would prefer jail before they submit to wearing a mask.

2 minutes ago, jacob29 said:

I just heard in Vietnam you get a $10 fine the first offence for not wearing a mask in public, second offence up to one year jail. Unsure if this applies at province level, or nation wide.

Wonder how many arrogant westerners will get caught out by this, as it seems some would prefer jail before they submit to wearing a mask.

Come on now... you're seriously suggesting that some foreigners would risk a year in jail not to wear a mask if such laws existed? That's a stretch.

58 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

What's the big deal with wearing a mask? For f^%k sake, just wear it. 

Why?

They dont work. they make it difficult to breath and they steam my glasses up so that I cannot see.

Edited by fishtank
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, tropo said:

Come on now... you're seriously suggesting that some foreigners would risk a year in jail not to wear a mask if such laws existed? That's a stretch.

I was specifically thinking of Logosone ????. He seriously loathes the idea of being forced to wear a mask.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Agree, i'm starting to feel more worried of people than the virus.

I held out until this week, but the hostility toward foreigners is growing stronger by the day, with a health minister fueling the fire.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tropo said:

I held out until this week, but the hostility toward foreigners is growing stronger by the day, with a health minister fueling the fire.

Jeez, that's not my feeling yet where i am, but i think i can understand.

Stay safe mate, and possibly fit. Wish you all the best, i still hope that this nightmare won't last too long.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mauGR1 said:

Jeez, that's not my feeling yet where i am, but i think i can understand.

Stay safe mate, and possibly fit. Wish you all the best, i still hope that this nightmare won't last too long.

It's not the feeling I feel on the streets (yet). It's what I hear in the media and the constant harping that foreigners are dirty and spreading the virus.

I have been told that thieves are running rampant in Pattaya. Muggings could be a risk as money is drying up.

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Anyway, very shameful!

No it's the same in Bangkok, they won't wear them even if they have one.

11 minutes ago, tropo said:

It's not the feeling I feel on the streets (yet). It's what I hear in the media and the constant harping that foreigners are dirty and spreading the virus.

I have been told that thieves are running rampant in Pattaya. Muggings could be a risk as money is drying up.

As we talk, apparently there will be a curfew imposed from Friday, 10pm to 4am.

It doesn't look good, but let's hope for the best.

• Like 1