BANGKOK
Wardp

farangs in pattaya not wearing masks'

14 minutes ago, steven100 said:

how stupid are folks .... wear the god damn mask ...

at the least you won't get splattered with someone else's germs.  

Yes, very stupid, imagine wearing a pointless device on your mouth and not following the advice from medical professionals in successful countries like Taiwan and Germany, so stupid.

Believe it or not I've been out countless times without a mask...never splattered with germs...

And btw, there are a billion germs living on top and inside of you right now.

Have a good night!

• Like 1

Of course one problem is obtaining a mask. No matter what anyone says they are not widely available - in Pattaya at least.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Learn much more.

Click on "Show this thread" in the 1st tweet by Roxanne Khamsi:

https://mobile.twitter.com/rkhamsi/status/1244659064350670848

Roxanne Khamsi? A journalist. You are joking, I hope?

Twitter sources are not permitted here btw. If you can provide one from a permitted source like a reputable paper I might look at it.

Edited by Logosone
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Yes, very stupid, imagine wearing a pointless device on your mouth and not following the advice from medical professionals in successful countries like Taiwan and Germany, so stupid.

Believe it or not I've been out countless times without a mask...never splattered with germs...

Have a good night!

Right that’s it! No milk and cookies for you tonight young man. Go straight to your room at once!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Have a good night!

"Believe it or not I've been out countless times without a mask...never splattered with germs...

And btw, there are a billion germs living on top and inside of you right now."

Unbelievably stupid and meaningless comments.

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Like 1

Again the CLOTH masks DO NOT block the virus from you. They DO block your own spray which might be infected whether you know your status, have symptoms, or not. How hard is it for people to get that?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Roxanne Khamsi? A journalist. You are joking, I hope?

Twitter sources are not permitted here btw. If you can provide one from a permitted source like a reputable paper I might look at it.

Willful ignorance, unsurprisingly.

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Again the CLOTH masks DO NOT block the virus from you. They DO block your own spray which might be infected whether you know your status, have symptoms, or not. How hard is it for people to get that?

Some people have taken a stance on the mask issue and will not be moved.

One guy on here, in another thread, said (in regard to refusing to wear a mask) "This one little part of Germany that will never surrender".

How does one even start to have a reasonable discussion with these folks.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Where?

On a motorbike or walking on an empty street maybe.

But any public place like a market, 7-11, etc. I have seen 100% of them wearing masks.  Only dumb falang without.

I look at youtube daily where many people post videos. I see many people of all types not wearing masks.  And on various webcams from Thailand same thing too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To understand the size of things involved, one really should have experience in Spacecraft clean room procedures.  The small size of things and how they move about really is interesting.  Some hospitals in the world understand what a "clean room" is, relative to particulates, and sure enough the ones that have operating rooms certified to those high levels have the lowest infection rates.  Sure cleaning and wiping and sterilizing surfaces is nice, but if the air is properly filtered to a class 10,000 clean room level, there just is less particulates in the air for the virus to cling too.  Not really rocket science.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Thian said:

That won't help much, the thai don't care for it, i see it everywhere...shops are open, they sit right next to huge signs which forbids them to go in the park, they also don't wear masks outside, don't keep distance....

It sure doesn't look good but it's also no reason to panic, Thailand still does much better than the West where nobody at all wears a mouthmask.

It does in Pattaya, where even before this curfew starts on Friday, it's dead quiet after all the shops have closed at 22:00. They don't really need the curfew as there is nothing to go out for.

49 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Some people have taken a stance on the mask issue and will not be moved.

One guy on here, in another thread, said (in regard to refusing to wear a mask) "This one little part of Germany that will never surrender".

How does one even start to have a reasonable discussion with these folks.

Definitely not by insulting them, which many on here have done (not you). It's a good start to be courteous when one wants to offer a point of view.

• Like 2

The WHO might be on the verge of changing their official advice in the light of recent evidence:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-masks-advice-could-change-after-new-evidence-emerges-11967357

Regarding Thailand, on Thursday a number of provincial governors signed an order saying anyone leaving their home without a mask would be fined up to 20k baht, so this may well be on the cards for Pattaya too. 

If it makes them happy. My chance of getting infected by air is probabably 0 to nought, my chances of getting infected by touch, very high.

7 hours ago, jimn said:

No you are the uneducated. Just because you read it somewhere, it doesnt make it true. Try doing some research, you may find how uneducated you are.

Visa versa. If youdon’t understand that it means you also read your info from somewhere!