Thailand really has ZERO compassion to foreigner tourists stuck here

3421abc

3 minutes ago, sameasb4 said:

My country is giving free test to foreigners and medical care where need and not blaming, naming or prioritizing them over its citizens including thais, rubbish xenophobic behavior...

free medical to foreigners  .....  are you sure  ???    i find that hard to believe but give me 25 seconds to consider further.   oh,  and what country is that    ??  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, steven100 said:

free medical to foreigners  .....  are you sure  ???    i find that hard to believe but give me 25 seconds to consider further.   oh,  and what country is that    ??  

My girlfriend got free medical care in Italy last year; I stayed in a German hospital for a week once for no fee when discharged, though that was some time ago.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Every country has regulations governing foreigners. Try getting into Australia or America, or staying there,  without appropriate documents. Thailand is no different.

You do have the option of leaving. Use it if the requirements are too onerous for you.

totally agree, ...and are people genuinely stuck here? there have been flights available to europe at reasonable prices (350GBP - 500GBP) for the last three weeks, no one needs to pay exorbitant prices

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Davo369 said:

I use to work in a circus and pretty good at jumping through hoops...   

But these hoops are something else... 

You've got to be a bloody magician

I agree, it's like playing Twister.  It makes it nearly impossable for undesirables, and mentally exhausting for the rest of us.

Does <deleted> me off it is now still unclear, why this needs to be so difficult. If not providing there is only more urgency for people to start planning other options. 
Not that this is going to change anything for me, I will have to stay here regardless due to my son. If I didn't have family ties I would have left this country already.

The fact that they only offer this for tourists is stupid too, there are boat loads of people on a single entry non-o who already had their 60 day extensions and who actually have family ties here, a legit reason to stay? They won't care more or less, that is the lesson, you just gotta prevent it by using a yearly fixer.

Not doing that will only lead to more complaints, rants, stress, worries and wasted time without anything changing for good.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Every country has regulations governing foreigners. Try getting into Australia or America, or staying there,  without appropriate documents. Thailand is no different.

You do have the option of leaving. Use it if the requirements are too onerous for you.

And this is where you are wrong: at the moment there are nearly no options to leave (or stay) this lovely country. I love Thailand but as long as this country stays being ruled but this bunch I will stay out. Oh I am so glad that in January (when I saw the hords of Corona-Chinese invading Thailand) I decided that it was time to leave this L.O.S.

39 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

How can you be "stuck here" ?

https://www.kayak.com/flights/BKK-LAX/2020-04-05?sort=bestflight_a

Plenty of flights to USA, UK, and Amsterdam on Kayak from $662 USD. 

Good Luck

This???????????????????? is spot on ,very few actually really stuck here,many have options to get refunds from cancelled flights and book with other airlines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ericthai said:

yes, it's Thailand's fault that they didnt leave for home when they should've.

Thailand was still letting people up to 19-Mar. So yes they deserve some of the blame for keeping borders open right to the last minute. My Vietnam visa was cancelled on 19-Mar, I was set to fly 2 days later. Within days the land borders closed. Thailand had issued no advice to leave, had they done so I might have been able to prepare better. Worse, they hinted about giving flexibility to visa extensions, only to result in flexibility for arrivals after 01-Mar.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, xtof2 said:

Every day they try to be more stupid than the previous day...and they succeed !

Bring my landlord for visa extension... ????

how they can beat that tomorrow ?

How can they beat that?  I don't think they can.  Imagine a family on vacation stuck in the Bangkok Marriott or Bangkok Hyatt.  According to number 10 they need to have the owner of the hotel accompany them to immigration in order to obtain an extension.  Yep!  How is that going to fly?  "No extension for you, farangs!" 
Any goodwill this country had with it's tourist base will be gone after this clears up, people return home, and relate the horror-show that they were subjected to their friends and family.  That is if they don't get sick from crowding into packed Immigration offices and end up dying here in Thailand.  If Covid-19 is as dangerous as the experts say, it's just a matter of time before huge number of foreigners start coming down with the virus after spending hours packed in Thai Immigration dealing with the bureaucracy.  How will body bags returning to their home countries go over?  Not well I think. 
"We have to protect our national security at the expense of foreigners lives."
Really? Ok...

5 minutes ago, connda said:

And yet South Korea could grant amnesty to 150,000 Thais working illegally. 
Quid pro quo in the face of a highly communicable, deadly virus?
South Korea exemplifies what compassion is about.
Thailand?  Nope.

Permit me to doubt it is compassion or altruism, more likely pragmatism. Those illegal workers are cheap labor.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, vermin on arrival said:

Not for the people who came in Jan and Feb and need emergency extensions, and not for the people who are on long stay visas. We are stuck in limbo when the situation is easy to remedy. Give automatic extensions and have people pay on the way out when the crisis is over, or allow overstay with no punitive results such as IDC or blacklist and let people pay on the way out. It's a win win. No one gets sick in huge queues at IOs (either visitor or IO) , people have legal rights to stay until the borders open, and Thailand still gets the income. As far as I can see, Thailand is one of the only(or only)countries not doing something like this.

If you came in Feb. why not a bit of fore sight and you could have left before it has gotten so bad, no you want Thailand to jump thru hoops for your lack of planning. Now you know the secret of Thailand they make the laws of the country for the benefit of Thai people defiantly not for farangs or any other foreign people.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, amykat said:

What about number 9???

They just want fees and bribes I guess, they must be worried about going broke.

Those who have applied for residence cert knows that it's difficult to obtain. It can take almost two weeks to one month if we take the free route.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, samsensam said:

totally agree, ...and are people genuinely stuck here? there have been flights available to europe at reasonable prices (350GBP - 500GBP) for the last three weeks, no one needs to pay exorbitant prices

The people I know have had to pay £1,200 and over for a one way ticket to UK after their flights were cancelled...They were very flexible but wasn't anything less than 45,000 BAHT...one way. I even looked for one guy myself and didn't see anything  near the price you quote

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, moe666 said:

If you came in Feb. why not a bit of fore sight and you could have left before it has gotten so bad, no you want Thailand to jump thru hoops for your lack of planning. Now you know the secret of Thailand they make the laws of the country for the benefit of Thai people defiantly not for farangs or any other foreign people.

The paperwork required for a 30 day extension is ludicrous...quoting national security, these applicants have already been in Thailand 60 days so that is just BS

• Like 2

Please remember that Thailand is a developing country.

And that Prayut and Anutin went to school in the 1960s and 70s when school was still a day care centre. They were never taught about critical thinking.

The Thai leadership and government are 40 or 50 years behind the developed world in the way that they treat people.

Wait for the transition.. after Covid...

Edited by Ketyo
  • Haha 1