Dental clinics

Lacessit

I can recommend Anjira Clinic on Phaholythin Rd.

They're open for business as I went a few days ago.

Open Mon - Fri 1600 - 2030

Sat 0900 - 2030

Sun 0900 - 1700

Phone: 053 601 014.

Also, Dr Cheewan Upra at Sriburin Hospital is very good as well.

053 910999.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

I can recommend Anjira Clinic on Phaholythin Rd.

They're open for business as I went a few days ago.

Open Mon - Fri 1600 - 2030

Sat 0900 - 2030

Sun 0900 - 1700

Phone: 053 601 014.

Also, Dr Cheewan Upra at Sriburin Hospital is very good as well.

053 910999.

Thanks, do they speak English reasonably well? My Thai is not fluent.

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Thanks, do they speak English reasonably well? My Thai is not fluent.

The dentists I've seen at Anjira speak English well.

Not sure about the receptionist though as my wife made my appointments.

Dr Cheewan Upra at Sriburin speaks English fluently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Was refused treatment at the Anjira clinic. Which begs the question of why they were open if they were not treating any patients. Coronavirus.

Trying at the hospital tomorrow morning.

My main concern is being stung 8000 baht for a blood test to say I am COVID-19 free before they will treat me.

That's strange.

I went only 3 days ago.

Maybe because I have been before?

No idea really.

16 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Was refused treatment at the Anjira clinic. Which begs the question of why they were open if they were not treating any patients. Coronavirus.

Trying at the hospital tomorrow morning.

My main concern is being stung 8000 baht for a blood test to say I am COVID-19 free before they will treat me.

Same for me filling fell out from  front tooth , but all around are closed (already week ago it happened )

I think at hospital even more risk of need blood test as there you are " in mouth of the lion ", also more risk for contact other peoples..as now al good meant measures have contradictions building up 

Edited by david555

8 minutes ago, Will27 said:

That's strange.

I went only 3 days ago.

No idea really.

In case you didn't notice, new restrictions are being imposed every day. What was open yesterday may not be open tomorrow.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Will27 said:

That's strange.

I went only 3 days ago.

No idea really.

At the clinic I visit for cleanings, some dentists are working, others staying home. Maybe it was a "no dentist" day.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

That may be a key item as only emergency treatment is authorized from what I have read.  

So I had better develop some pain, and put on a good act.

25 minutes ago, Will27 said:

That's strange.

I went only 3 days ago.

No idea really.

Perhaps they are only treating patients they have records for. A bit stupid, because your chances of having COVID-19 are just as good as mine.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, david555 said:

Same for me filling fell out from  front tooth , but all around are closed (already week ago it happened )

I think at hospital even more risk of need blood test as there you are " in mouth of the lion ", also more risk for contact other peoples..as now al good meant measures have contradictions building up 

If my temperature is normal, I doubt I could be pushed into having a blood test there without consent.

Maybe as a precondition of dental treatment.

I'm wondering what happens if someone is brought in with cardiac arrest, would they test for coronavirus first? All seems a bit cockeyed to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Was refused treatment at the Anjira clinic. Which begs the question of why they were open

I am in the midst of root canal in CM - - they are open for emergency services only... maybe that you are not yet in pain it is not deemed as emergency... 

Situation update. You wouldn't read about it, lost a second filling this morning.

Clinics won't do fillings, but they will do teeth whitening. I'm not going to try to get my head around that.

Refused admission at Overbrook hospital, emergency only. Take pain medication if you have pain.

Kasemrad Sriburin hospital, seen by a lady dentist. A prolonged discussion with my GF, can only treat me if I have severe pain. She gets my GF's number to call when the COVID-19 frenzy is over, which may be in one or two months time.

200 baht for looking in my mouth for a couple of minutes, fair enough because the discussion in Thai took a lot longer.

A bit of a hole in the biosecurity, no hand sanitiser at the cashier, and they are handling my cash and theirs with bare hands.

Conclusions:

Forget about dental treatment in Chiang Rai, unless you are carried into the hospital screaming in agony.

Unless completely fluent in Thai, or you have a Thai GF/wife, you are up s##t creek in a barbed wire canoe without a paddle in terms of making appointments in the current hysteria.

Will27, feel free to copy and paste in the other forum for information purposes.

• Like 2

It looks to me that for the foreseeable future we are on our own and there is little chance of anyone coming to our rescue.  If you haven't hunkered down already and made preparations to weather the storm it is going to get very uncomfortable.  It simply isn't business as usual.

• Like 1