GERD / Acid Reflux

thequietman

On 4/3/2020 at 2:28 PM, thequietman said:

Thanks Sheryl. The mild breathing difficulty started the same time as the feeling of food stuck in my throat and the reflux.

On lying down at night on my left side the slight wheezing feeling almost disappears and only starts again when I get up in the morning and move around. Incidently, the wheezing feeling started after a workout, as did the reflux.

Doc gave me Sanofi & Motidom this morning. I will adjust my diet and see how I go over the next few days. Don't really want to go see a ENT doctor in a large clinic with the Covid issues at the moment.

Probably not what you have but symptoms seem similar. I have post nasal drip ... when its bad it feels like theres something stuck in my throat, plus its always worse in the mornings and I get alot of reflux. It has been better since I moved to the outskirts of Bangkok.

Edited by CraigInBangkok
  • Thanks 1

It can make life miserable.

The pills never worked for me.

I stopped drinking beer or carbonated drinks and dieted to lose weight it all went away.  I think coffee can set it off also.

Edited by bkk6060

10 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

It can make life miserable.

The pills never worked for me.

I stopped drinking beer or carbonated drinks and dieted to lose weight it all went away.  I think coffee can set it off also.

Definitely. Any source of caffeine - weakens the lower esophageal sphincter.

Avoidance of caffeine and weight loss will resolve GERD for a high proportion of people.

But much easier said than done.

On 4/3/2020 at 1:50 AM, kenk24 said:

if indeed acid reflux, which I had in a bad way... 20 mg omeprazole daily takes care for me... can eat anything... been on it 20 years or more..

20 years.... omeprazole is advise to be taken for a maximum of 14 days or bad side effects will or may happen, check the website

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-3766-143/omeprazole-oral/omeprazole-delayed-release-capsule-oral/details

48 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

20 years.... omeprazole is advise to be taken for a maximum of 14 days or bad side effects will or may happen, check the website

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-3766-143/omeprazole-oral/omeprazole-delayed-release-capsule-oral/details

of course i know that.. I have been taking it for 20 years... 

If I don't take it, I have unbearable burning, cannot eating anything acidic, must sleep upright, and have the acid so bad it ate away part of my esophagus... life is horrible.

One pill a day and I can eat everything, no burning at all - 20 years and no ill effects... [that I know of]... and I am otherwise healthy... 

acid reflux so bad I want to kill myself... OR ... one pill and I am fine.. 

thanks anyway... 

• Like 1