Are there Travel Restrictions -Covid 19 related

Delight

Every year I travel by car Pattaya to Issan. One night in hotel en route  -3 nights in my wife's village and then 3 nights hotel Khao Yai

Assuming that I respect the new curfew rules -Should I be OK  or will I be breaking some law?

I don't think so.

Inter-province travel is not recommanded but not prohibited (afaik).

I'm assuming you'll be getting some weird looks though

My wife is going back to Issan next saturday.

She already talked to Pooyai bahn about it and he's okay with that.

Really hope she'll be able to travel safely back home. I'm scared of what might happen in Bkk with all these unemployed people...

Not sure what the restriction are in the province you're intending travelling to, but if it was Phitsanulok (yes, I know not Issan) you now have to register with the health people and enter a (monitored) 14 day quarantine period.

Don't worry about the health people contact details, you will be told at the checkpoints on every entry & exit point to the city. Random (health) checkpoints everywhere; they really appear to be taking it seriously up here.

Truthfully, not a good time to be thinking travelling anywhere 'long haul' in Thailand at the minute.

8 minutes ago, dluek said:

Pattaya has instituted a lockdown (no one in or out unless with official authorisation) so, if you leave, you won't be able to get back in until restrictions are lifted. 

Probably won't even get out now...maybe with pictures at his house with the budgies and goldfish, Mothers shoe size, a used McDonalds Pepsi cup, rusty nail and an autograph by Bruce Forsthye...may stand a chance

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I have been advised I cant travel to the bathroom for 30 minutes as the wife is cleaning. Earlier there were restrictions on travel to the balcony as some washing was being hung out, I believe those restrictions have now been lifted.

Thanks for the humour ???? these are extraordinary and very difficult times! Stay healthy!

• Like 1

I,m down here in Trang with my TGF at our house...we are based in Pattaya where we normally stay for around 3 weeks and travel down here for 10 days or so.... we came down on the 20th March but I shall have to return to Pattaya before the 26th April as my retirement extension is due then... hopefully things will improve a little before then and I can drive back... otherwise I don't know what I can do?