TNT Import Duty (Solar Combiner Box)

Jenkins9039

Does anyone have any idea what sort of bracket, tax (import wise) TNT charge for a simple electronics combiner box (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32845280424.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dZqmE9k), tried finding one locally and failed, could build one, but would take me for ever with trial and error approach, decided to bite the bullet and pay the 15k (460$) for one from China via AliExpress, only experience i've had using TNT or rather Thai Customs, resulted in me telling them to keep 5 pallets (20,000$ of electronics in the past (100,000$ of import duties wanted) for a commercial job, so sitting rather concerned.

Core difference this time, i'm not shipping the thing myself, to myself, but a company in China is shipping a single product, already paid 116$ for 'shipping', not sure if this includes the duties.

This reply is a bit vague. A mob of us were importing motorised garage doors for our houses, and the cluey one amongst us advised that trading between China and Thailand is duty free if you have the required form. The Chinese company must make out the form with the details 100% correct.

Not sure if it applies to all good, but it can be done. Somewhere there's a tax act that explains it. 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2020 at 7:00 AM, carlyai said:

This reply is a bit vague. A mob of us were importing motorised garage doors for our houses, and the cluey one amongst us advised that trading between China and Thailand is duty free if you have the required form. The Chinese company must make out the form with the details 100% correct.

Not sure if it applies to all good, but it can be done. Somewhere there's a tax act that explains it. 

Just found a bit more on this in my mess.

You MUST have a form E to take advantage of the ASEAN/China Free Trade Agreement and it must be perfect.

You must determine the correct HS code (HS stands for Harmonizing Code). Use Google to find out more about HS codes.

Once you have the correct HS code, then get the seller to give you a pro-forma form E for you to inspect before making the official one. If you don't do this and the seller screws it up, then Thai Customs will reject it. After you find the correct HS code, check it here: http://igtf.customs.go.th/igtf/en/main_frame.jsp  .

It is recommended to go thru Alibaba and using their Escrow Service as it gives you a level of protection.

You still have to pay VAT and port charges, but I think our garage doors were about half price.

The above is from year 2015 and paraphrased from someone who had done it previously, not me.

Unfortunately our garage door consortium collapsed so we didn't get the doors.