any last minute advice/tips

i am getting out of bed about 6.30am on friday morning and take the train up to mo chit and thereafter heading up to muang thon thani in the hope of securing myself with at least a 30 day extension to my 30 day visa exempt stamp

i arrived in thailand(into don muang airport)from siem reap in cambodia on march 9th,2020  and will have my uk passport,1,900baht,2 passport size photos but wont have the tm6 immigration form which i had upon arrival but which was lost soon after my opening few days in bangkok 

Also i wont have any uk embassy letter as this is to be my first tourist visa extension application

I will probably be taking along considerable patience as the matter might be drawn out and time consuming

Any hints or tips to facilitate my application would be most welcome

The stamp from my arrival on march 9th is in my passport as is the stamp for my expected departure9(april 7th)

Edited by solomon david

Don’t worry about that stupid tm card, yes it’s a requirement but they don’t really care about them. 

i lost mine and it wasn’t an issue at all, it’s just a piece of paper with your name, date of birth and pass port number that’s hand written, all of which is in your passport anyway,

people lose them all the time.

if it’s your first extension you won’t need a uk letter 

I am actually irish(from belfast)and have been coming to se asia for 20 years and left athens for kuala lumpur on january 22nd

i mid february i moved onto to vietnam and after 2 weeks in hanoi and saigon moved on to phnom penn and siem reap then on march 9th flew to bangkok before his whole coronavinus stull really began

I am due to fly out of kl back to athens on april 18th since which time all hell has let loose

16 minutes ago, solomon david said:

most of the year i live in greece

That won't help the Thai Immigration.

Next time scan all important documents in and send them to your email account.

Then you've got access to it from anywhere, should you lose something.

Best of Luck!

Probably too late now, but be there for 6:30 if you want to get it done at a reasonable time, not wake up at 6:30. Although it's a different building and visa type, I showed up at chaeng watthana this morning at 6:30 and was still number 55 in the queue. There will be far more people doing the visa exempt extension so you'll pretty much guaranteed get a worse queue number.

update.....well i got out of bed as planned just after 6am and today the trainand bus and motorbike to the :IMPACT" complex out on the outskirts of northern bangkok and and walked through the entrance just after 8am,emerging again just after 1pm with a new tourist view extended till may 7th

Apart from it all being very time consuming thing went better than i had expected and now have until may 7th to sort out my flighs back to greece 

Total cost of a new tourist visa was 1,900 baht from Muang Thong Thani estate in Nonthaburi