Makro Change To Opening Hours

Greenside

Makro Hang Dong appears to have changed it's opening hours.  I think 06:00 to 08:00 is reserved for (my wife tells me) people over 60 plus some other group (maybe people considered vulnerable). Retailers and the rest of us have between 08:00 and 20:00 to shop.  My experience so far is that as late as possible was safer (ie less people) but missed out tonight having not heard about the new arrangement. 

As I understand it, the 08:00 to 09:00 time slot is for doctors, nurses and other healthcare workers only. 9:00 to 10:00 the elderly, disabled, and pregnant women. General public after that. Not only Makro but other hypermarkets as well.

Edit: oh sorry I just noticed Greenside said 06:00 to 08:00. Maybe it's as I stated but 06:00 to 07:00, then 07:00 to 08:00, then the general public.

Edited by elektrified

5 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Why ?

Makes perfect sense. A lot of retailers in the UK are devoting special hours for those in the frontline including mine.

Same in the US- most markets also have specific hours for seniors, which is very helpful for people who are 80+ (like my dad), as it allows for a lower-stress environment for people who move with a bit more... deliberation.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, EricTh said:

Are they going to check passports of foreigners to determine their age? 

Why not just a valid Thai Drivers license, you have one, don't you.

Sad that they don't ID for the selling of alcohol and tobacco products.

• Like 1