Two THAI flights from London found to be Covid-19 hotspots

webfact

4 hours ago, smedly said:

You are very selective about what you respond to on TVF, I asked you a direct question yesterday and you didn't answer, probably because you didn't like the answer you would have to give 

Sorry, sometimes not understand question

sometimes to busy.

You are going on about facemasks and have made it your mission now while ignoring the really important issues about your government data 

so here it is again 

- what is the single most important thing your governemnt should be doing and is not doing 

Testing

- why have Thailand only tested about 20,000 people in the last 3 months, how can they accurately report CV-19 confirmed cases of infected and dead if they are not testing ??????????

Stupid, same many country. UK, Aussie, US, France etc

only South Korea and Germany test enough.

i start the thread 2 days ago “We need more test” 

Mod remove it because I copy and paste, not show link.

I don't expect an answer - because you can't answer without admitting a gross failure 

You want read my thai social media?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, smedly said:

it's a good idea until you are on the receiving end

No government should be turning away their own citizens from returning home - in fact they should be assisting them 

That is you government (the one you worship) turning away and abandoning their own people when they are in need 

Go ahead keep defending the indefensible Yinn - a great job you are doing - blind and delusional  

Calm down. 

I not like thai government. Say many time already. 

But i happy thai return have doctor letter. 

News yesterday, Australia allow cruise ship people go in, no test, now have problem. Stupid right?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Stupid, same many country. UK, Aussie, US, France etc

only South Korea and Germany test enough.

i start the thread 2 days ago “We need more test” 

Mod remove it because I copy and paste, not show link.

Check you facts Yinn

Australia has very high test rate per capita

More than 260,000 coronavirus tests have been carried out across the country as Australia continues to respond to the spread of the deadly pandemic.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-02/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-1-per-cent-australia-population/12114004

6 minutes ago, Yinn said:

News yesterday, Australia allow cruise ship people go in, no test, now have problem. Stupid right

There was jurisdiction <deleted> up on that one, correct.

The ship staed that there no concerns, no person showing symptoms, big mistake.

NSW health took advise from Federal Border Force and no one tested, several deaths now.

11 hours ago, Metropolitian said:

No mentioning that the three are foreigners from UK.

So they were Thai who brought the virus with them?

I thought all foreigners were currently blocked from entering Thailand, however what difference does it make what nationality the victims were?

• Like 1

In my opinion, what nationality the infected were from is totally irrelevant.

The question is why was there a aircraft flying into Thailand from another country anyway.

We need to get series about containing this thing and then killing it.

At the moment , it’s killing us, and we collectively are taking half measures to try to contain it , in hope that it will go away soon. 

God help us , that’s all I can say .

10 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

Why do they only list the 1 seat with the infected person?  They don't know the other seats the infected people were in?

People asking about cleaning and turn-around time.  These long haul flights have at least a 24 hr turn around time thus easily cleaned.

24 hour turnaround?! They are turned around in about 2-3 hours. No airline is going to have a plane sitting on the tarmac for 24 hours doing nothing. 

For example, EVA Air flight BKK-LHR arrives at around 7-8pm in the evening, it is back in the air returning to BKK at around 10pm. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, jastheace said:

I would say Thailand knew. Thailands first declared case was only days after china's. yet open arms was the order of the day/month/….

and despite this Thailand is claiming relatively few numbers. be super careful, i think the numbers are complete nonsense. Their boarders were wide open for China for a long time. stock up, stay in and stay safe.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

and despite this Thailand is claiming relatively few numbers. be super careful, i think the numbers are complete nonsense. Their boarders were wide open for China for a long time. stock up, stay in and stay safe.

They had to wait for the rest of the world to catch it before they could mention it, saves them having to mention the c word ????

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

Sorry, sometimes not understand question

sometimes to busy.

Yeh but it's interesting that the only time you do not understand or are too busy is when someone ask's you something that you can't justify, answer or doesn't fit you narrative.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed it.

Edited by misterjames

1 hour ago, ace000 said:

In my opinion, what nationality the infected were from is totally irrelevant.

The question is why was there a aircraft flying into Thailand from another country anyway.

We need to get series about containing this thing and then killing it.

At the moment , it’s killing us, and we collectively are taking half measures to try to contain it , in hope that it will go away soon. 

God help us , that’s all I can say .

The intention is not to ‘contain it’ 2019-nCov, its now a ’thing’ it can’t be killed, its with us always like the common cold. 

If 2019-nCov is contained and the spread is completely prevented then we are just due another outbreak. 

Catching the virus is unavoidable, this has already been modelled. The idea is still for all of us to ‘catch’ 2019-nCov but not all at once so that the health services are not overwhelmed and to provide time to generate and get vaccines to those who need it most at first, then to the rest of us. 

Six months from now there will be an nCov vaccine, just like the Flu vaccine. 

1 hour ago, MarkyM3 said:

24 hour turnaround?! They are turned around in about 2-3 hours. No airline is going to have a plane sitting on the tarmac for 24 hours doing nothing. 

In fact, most airlines have been cancelling flights and taking other measures in order that they can carry out additional cleaning. I think profit went out of the window several weeks ago.

15 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The intention is not to ‘contain it’ 2019-nCov, its now a ’thing’ it can’t be killed, its with us always like the common cold. 

Incorrrect, I think the whole medical community accept that until a vaccine is found, Covid 19 will continue spreading.  Containment slows that spread down so that hospitals don't become overwhelmed.

Why wouldn't all the passengers be quarantined by the authorities?  Kind of blows my mind that they are "trusting" that people on those flights will actually self-quarantine. Sigh.

19 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Sorry, but isn't it also just as likely that they were infected by getting into a seat from some flying out of Thailand few hours earlier at Heathrow  ? Are they tracing all the people that flew out on the potentially infected plane ? No, thought not. 

Surly the cabin would have been disinfected before anyone was allowed to board.

Edited by Huckenfell

7 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

There was jurisdiction <deleted> up on that one, correct.

The ship staed that there no concerns, no person showing symptoms, big mistake.

NSW health took advise from Federal Border Force and no one tested, several deaths now.

So if need doctor letter it will not happen. 

IMO doctor letter good idea.

7 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Check you facts Yinn

Australia has very high test rate per capita

More than 260,000 coronavirus tests have been carried out across the country as Australia continues to respond to the spread of the deadly pandemic.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-02/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-1-per-cent-australia-population/12114004

I wrong. Good. 

I read old news, not know about update. Thankyou.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/17/australia-must-dramatically-expand-its-coronavirus-testing-regime-leading-virologist-says

15 hours ago, smudger1951 said:

Medical certificates and Insurance covering covid-19 came in on 22nd and I was unable to fly out with Qatar on 23rd from Lhr. Thai citizens also needed clearance from the Embassy and the ones travelling.

Is it mandatory to have a medical cert to board QATAR flights. 

1 hour ago, dslocum said:

Why wouldn't all the passengers be quarantined by the authorities?  Kind of blows my mind that they are "trusting" that people on those flights will actually self-quarantine. Sigh.

But they quarantine cruise ship passengers if one person becomes positive 

2 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

But they quarantine cruise ship passengers if one person becomes positive 

Exactly!  And once they let them out of the airport, how many more people will the infected further infect on their way to their desinations?  Dumasses.

I'm beginning to think that this Government is actually a virus.  (OH, can I say that?)

Edited by dslocum

On 4/3/2020 at 3:42 AM, Metropolitian said:

No mentioning that the three are foreigners from UK.

So they were Thai who brought the virus with them?

It would seem unlikely they were non-Thai considering the stringent requirements which were in place to board then. Weren't the health certificate and insurance obligated then? (A health certificate requiring a Covid test that one couldn't easily obtain). So likely Thai, requiring only a fit to travel, obtained from the Thai Embassy?

5 hours ago, Yinn said:

So if need doctor letter it will not happen. 

IMO doctor letter good idea.

Yinn it was a cruise ship. No testing kits or pathology lab. How would there have been the ability to certify clearance?

Generous of you to concede poor research

Edited by RJRS1301

On 4/3/2020 at 3:36 AM, jesimps said:

It doesn't matter what the nationality of the passengers were, the whole world caught it eventually from that "wet" market in Wuhan China, where they were selling bats, dogs and other exotic creatures for eating. Goodness knows why they should want to eat bats, probably something to do with sexual virility. The Thais should've banned all arrivals from China as soon as the virus was made public in my opinion.

The same thing can be said about the Thai wet markets where they also store and sell all kind of animals. Or the other wet markets spread across Asia. 

Maybe it's time to ban all those markets? 

4 minutes ago, Virt said:

The same thing can be said about the Thai wet markets where they also store and sell all kind of animals. Or the other wet markets spread across Asia. 

Maybe it's time to ban all those markets? 

there are "wet" markets across the world, in some countries it the main economy for the really impovrished to make money for the village,  and to obtain protein.

Regulation and hygiene  is required, also protection for endagered species being slaughtered.

Fresh fish markets are wet markets, but catch in many countries is tagged and can be traced to the source, allowing for transparency of trade, quota.

PNG nationals eat  bats, (have had flying fox soup>> delicious>> large slosh of scotch in it) but they are healthy ones, which are caught from "open jungles" not ones from cold damp caves, which may harbour disease.

Storage of meat animals is critical to health.

Banning will stop the trade, but regulation can improve handling and hygiene.

Look at some the appalling (by western standards) food handling in many Asianand African and Latin American countries, at least food cooked at high temp is controlling spread of infection, but cold food contamination rife.

Even though I'm only in my 30s and not exactly weak, this was one of the main factors for me returning home to the West after a decade of living in SE Asia. A global pandemic was almost certain in my mind, and so I didn't want to roll the dice and chance leaving the authorities in Thailand with my safety. We all know how Westerners are views by a large portion of the society, with dual pricing and everything else. When people get desperate for food and money, they often resort to extremes. In a developing nation this will be a far worse issue than the virus itself if things go on for an extended period of time. 

Edited by Mung