PHOTOS: Over 1,500 Thais cross over from Malaysia via Sadao checkpoint

webfact

Over 1,500 Thais cross over from Malaysia via Sadao checkpoint

By The Nation
Photo Credit: Nation Photo by Charoon Thongnual

800_f043ecaa0a9dfcb.jpg?v=1585828385

On Thursday (April 2), more than 1,500 Thais working in Malaysia returned to Thailand through the Sadao border checkpoint in Yala province.

a2%20cover.jpg

a3.jpg

Since the Emergency Decree was invoked on March 26, all Thais returning to the country are required to have a “fit-to-fly” medical certificate issued within 72 hours as well as a letter from the Royal Thai Embassy confirming the returnee is healthy for travel. In the case of the Thais who returned on Thursday, they would have had to get the required certificates from the Royal Thai Embassy in Kuala Lumpur or the Thai consulate in Kota Bahru or Penang.

a4.jpg

a5.jpg

The number of Thais arriving via Sadao was more than in previous days, and they had to undergo a strict screening process.

a6.jpg

a7.jpg

a8.jpg

a10.jpg

a12.jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385294

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-03

1 hour ago, Chassa said:

All them good looking girls, I wonder what they worked at in Malaysia! 

At a guess, I would say massage girls. They were lots of them in KL, Penang etc. But with the lockdown in Malaysia, I guess they have no choice but to return. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

At a guess, I would say massage girls. They were lots of them in KL, Penang etc. But with the lockdown in Malaysia, I guess they have no choice but to return. 

Singapore too

• Like 1

probably took them a few weeks yo get the documentation
malaysias been in lockdown for 16 days
its meant to end april 14th
extension is on the cards though ramadan starts on 24th  and that goes against current shop times 7-7pm
with every country extending their lock downs Malaysia would be crazy to let religion influence decision plus they reckon the spike in cases will be mid april

considering most infections came from religious gatherings

plus theres a few hotties in that queue WELCOME HOME

8 hours ago, webfact said:

In the case of the Thais who returned on Thursday, they would have had to get the required certificates from the Royal Thai Embassy in Kuala Lumpur or the Thai consulate in Kota Bahru or Penang.

and did they got the certificate ???

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The number of Thais arriving via Sadao was more than in previous days, and they had to undergo a strict screening process.

and what are the findings, how many infected/carrying the virus ?

As long as the borders are still leaking we have no chance of fixing this.

I understand that you cannot stop a National returning home but "self isolation"

is no longer good enough. We need isolation quarantine camps or islands & quickly

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, andy72 said:

probably took them a few weeks yo get the documentation
malaysias been in lockdown for 16 days
its meant to end april 14th
extension is on the cards though ramadan starts on 24th  and that goes against current shop times 7-7pm
with every country extending their lock downs Malaysia would be crazy to let religion influence decision plus they reckon the spike in cases will be mid april

considering most infections came from religious gatherings

plus theres a few hotties in that queue WELCOME HOME

I'm sure they'll coordinate with Thai authorities and extend the lockdown until April 30.