Thailand hit by African Horse Sickness, killing over 100 horses

webfact

They wonder where the AFRICAN HORSE SICKNESS comes from ???????????????????? Same as they wonder where the WUHAN FLU(covid19) comes from ??????????????????????? Qeustions Qeustions , Answers not the thai strongest point everything is 100% under controle . 

6 hours ago, Olmate said:

Hendra  horse Virus ,also thought to be  transmitted via bats, was found in Australia in Queensland about 1995. 70% death rate of horses infected and also 50% death rate of humans who had contact with those animals.             Bats are Protected species in Oz.   ....    You know it makes sense???

Hmm, the Hendra virus and AHV are not the same and indeed don't come from the same family of Viruses and the latter being insect transmission. I assume the OP was sure it was AHV and not the former.

6 hours ago, jvs said:

Yes  there are.I recently imported racing pigeons and the quarantine

period was 30 days.

I guess it depends who you are or maybe what the animal is. The people I mentioned had no quarantine whatsoever.

I don't think anyone cares, apart from a few hi-so with stables, or maybe The Fancy, such as it exists in Thailand. Horses aren't really a thing here. Now African Elephant Sickness, that would have an impact.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, nausea said:

I don't think anyone cares, apart from a few hi-so with stables, or maybe The Fancy, such as it exists in Thailand. Horses aren't really a thing here. Now African Elephant Sickness, that would have an impact.

The army has thousands of horses.

• Thanks 1