Staff at a NY hospital dump protective gear in outdoor trash can after handling bodies

webfact

19 hours ago, atyclb said:

quote from story. "NEW YORK (Reuters) - Staff at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center in New York City were seen disposing of their gowns and caps and other protective wear in a sidewalk trash can on Thursday after wheeling bodies out of the hospital and loading them into a refrigerated truck."

if you believe the story it seems the ppe was put into the unmarked bin.  from what i can see there are no markings on the bin unless on the lower 1/4 not seen in photo and there are markings on walls in photo either.

if you can come up with a photo that shows this bin/area is somehow marked, it will add teeth to your argument/point.

I truly don't understand why these leftists are making this mole hill into a mountain. Instead of simply observing obvious reality and moving on, it's deny deny deny. Really, this thread should have but a few replies- people noting the improper disposal, not making much of it because health care workers are slammed right now, and simply moving on. Instead, they essentially FORCE us rational people to point out the policies on handling infectious waste, pointing out the trash can isn't labeled and other rudiments that one should know before diving into the issue.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:
19 hours ago, atyclb said:

quote from story. "NEW YORK (Reuters) - Staff at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center in New York City were seen disposing of their gowns and caps and other protective wear in a sidewalk trash can on Thursday after wheeling bodies out of the hospital and loading them into a refrigerated truck."

if you believe the story it seems the ppe was put into the unmarked bin.  from what i can see there are no markings on the bin unless on the lower 1/4 not seen in photo and there are markings on walls in photo either.

if you can come up with a photo that shows this bin/area is somehow marked, it will add teeth to your argument/point.

I truly don't understand why these leftists are making this mole hill into a mountain. Instead of simply observing obvious reality and moving on, it's deny deny deny. Really, this thread should have but a few replies- people noting the improper disposal, not making much of it because health care workers are slammed right now, and simply moving on. Instead, they essentially FORCE us rational people to point out the policies on handling infectious waste, pointing out the trash can isn't labeled and other rudiments that one should know before diving into the issue.

agree. imo a rather petty argument without teeth from a so called health care worker no less

8 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

I'm going by OSHA standards. Here in the US, we have standards on how infectious waste is handled. So you see, I don't need that specific hospital's policies. The policy on this comes from above. So if you've worked in health care (in the US, where we have specific federal standards), then you noticed the trash can being used was not labeled for use to dispose of infectious waste. Since you've worked in health care, you already know this. Thus, what exactly is your complaint?

Proof of disposal by the worker the photo is inconclusive as not seen placing waste into bin. Circumstantial

2 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Proof of disposal by the worker the photo is inconclusive as not seen placing waste into bin. Circumstantial

Yeah, I'll settle for that- but noting if it were a designated container, we'd likely see the marking somewhere. All in all, much too much time spent on such a minor occurrence. ????