English version of Prime Minister's statement regarding curfew and COIVD-19 response

webfact

Could have been done at least a couple of weeks ago but hopefully not too late as the figures show how little Thailand has been effected compared to almost every other country in the world.

Lets hope there have not been any errors in the calculations of the extent of spread of the virus.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, webfact said:

But the ultimate goal is to eliminate this virus from Thailand as soon as we can so that everyone can be safe. Therefore, we cannot be careless, and we must prevent new infections and reduce the number of all infected persons to “zero”.

No chance, it will last two years with several peaks. Deaths will be recorded as pneumonia or based on whatever other existing conditions, in typical Thai fashion, until herd immunity happens.

Testing will be kept at a minimum and bars will open in 2 weeks.

Edited by lkv
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

And finally, I would like all foreigners to think of themselves as welcomed guests in these troubling times.

We, the Thai people, thank you for your contributions to our society and your never ending willingness to jump through our hoops.

3 month extensions to all visa will be made available but at the right time.. Once your stress and anxiety levels have peaked !!!

Yes i agree,i know exactly where your coming from,i was thinking the same.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lkv said:

No chance, it will last two years with several peaks. Deaths will be recorded as pneumonia in typical Thai fashion until herd immunity happens.

Testing will be kept at a minimum and bars will open in 2 weeks.

Probably!!!!!!!

It's a much overdue announcement and i agree with them.In saying that,it should have been done a lot earlier.Maybe its a lesson for the future when it WILL happen again and total lockdowns will be implemented sooner rather than later.

Where is the message about visa extensions? ????????????

U couldnt make this stuff up.

So people who arrived on march the first are on overstay now, i arrived on the 4th, today is my last day. Looks like im going to immigration.lol

Thanks Thailand

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

Could have been done at least a couple of weeks ago but hopefully not too late as the figures show how little Thailand has been effected compared to almost every other country in the world.

Lets hope there have not been any errors in the calculations of the extent of spread of the virus.

May also show how little testing Thailand is doing. Don't test. Don't tell.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

Where is the message about visa extensions? ????????????

U couldnt make this stuff up.

So people who arrived on march the first are on overstay now, i arrived on the 4th, today is my last day. Looks like im going to immigration.lol

Thanks Thailand

Why would he talk about Immigration issues when he is addressing the country and his people. That is the job of Immigration, and they have provided information. You are assumed to be able to read when travelling to a foreign country. You are also assumed to know what department that are dealing with what issues. Otherwise you can always ask the authorities.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

27 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Why would he talk about Immigration issues when he is addressing the country and his people. That is the job of Immigration, and they have provided information. You are assumed to be able to read when travelling to a foreign country. You are also assumed to know what department that are dealing with what issues. Otherwise you can always ask the authorities.

Because his spokesperson said he would address it thats why.????

3 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

Because his spokesperson said he would address it thats why.????

Yep, it can not be easy to need to hear the same information 3-6 times before understanding how it works. You have clear info from immigration already. Deal with it!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

This message just for Thais then?

Thought it would be. 

Of course, was it ever thought that it would not be directed towards the Thai people.  It might have been nice to have it started as "Dear Thai people and all inhabitants of our country", but then we are an afterthought as recently discovered by many.  As much as I love living in this country, sometimes it makes me shake my head in sadness to see how foreigners from the western world are treated and those from the more prosperous countries in Asia are treated differently.  Then of course there are those from the neighboring countries who have toiled long and hard to build this country, but receive nothing for there efforts.  I understood this was the way when I moved here many years ago, but to be an afterthought and painted in speeches, by certain people, is more disheartening and why I take everything said with knowing they now no better, and even as educated as some are its hard to break the poor attitudes they have

• Like 2