BANGKOK
webfact

English version of Prime Minister's statement regarding curfew and COIVD-19 response

Could have been done at least a couple of weeks ago but hopefully not too late as the figures show how little Thailand has been effected compared to almost every other country in the world.

Lets hope there have not been any errors in the calculations of the extent of spread of the virus.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, webfact said:

But the ultimate goal is to eliminate this virus from Thailand as soon as we can so that everyone can be safe. Therefore, we cannot be careless, and we must prevent new infections and reduce the number of all infected persons to “zero”.

No chance, it will last two years with several peaks. Deaths will be recorded as pneumonia or based on whatever other existing conditions, in typical Thai fashion, until herd immunity happens.

Testing will be kept at a minimum and bars will open in 2 weeks.

Edited by lkv
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

And finally, I would like all foreigners to think of themselves as welcomed guests in these troubling times.

We, the Thai people, thank you for your contributions to our society and your never ending willingness to jump through our hoops.

3 month extensions to all visa will be made available but at the right time.. Once your stress and anxiety levels have peaked !!!

Yes i agree,i know exactly where your coming from,i was thinking the same.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, webfact said:

Dear Thai people

This message just for Thais then?

Thought it would be. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, lkv said:

No chance, it will last two years with several peaks. Deaths will be recorded as pneumonia in typical Thai fashion until herd immunity happens.

Testing will be kept at a minimum and bars will open in 2 weeks.

Probably!!!!!!!

It's a much overdue announcement and i agree with them.In saying that,it should have been done a lot earlier.Maybe its a lesson for the future when it WILL happen again and total lockdowns will be implemented sooner rather than later.