English version of Prime Minister's statement regarding curfew and COIVD-19 response

webfact

tonight real time Pattaya...girls and guys everywhere on beach rd,pattaya city and police trucks with ''lights flashing'' driving slowly,too lazy to even stop and talk to people......no way in hell will this lawless selfish entitled nation every change...SOS

Edited by mok199

These all sound like excellent ideas. But let us look at the implementation of some of these so far. Take the 5000 baht monthly allowance for freelance workers. As a self employed retailer, my wife applied. In every way, she completely qualifies. She got her answer back from the government today:

Invalid ID number.

Huh? The ID number was perfect. Nothing about it was invalid. Others are getting back responses like "invalid name".  Basically, this is a flat out electronic finger by the government saying "yes, you qualify, but we don't want to pay you, and can't think of any reason why."

So these policies are all BS. They aren't going to deliver on them, because they don't have the money. In the same way they are denying visa extensions by requiring landlords to show up rather than honestly saying "eff off foreigners", they are going to weasle their way out of all of these policies as well. This is a sound bite with no genuine substance.

Nobody is fooled. I would prefer even Thaksin to this idiot, and I *HATE* Thaksin.

20 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

And finally, I would like all foreigners to think of themselves as welcomed guests in these troubling times.

We, the Thai people, thank you for your contributions to our society and your never ending willingness to jump through our hoops.

3 month extensions to all visa will be made available but at the right time.. Once your stress and anxiety levels have peaked !!!

Right. Got that.

100% believable.

2 hours ago, bartolo57 said:

If you don't like it then I suggest you can always return to your own country and complain about the government there. When in Rome and all that. 

Suggest away. Water off a duck's back.

1 hour ago, bartolo57 said:

If you don't like it then I suggest you can always return to your own country and complain about the government there. When in Rome and all that. 

i'm all right jack .

On 4/3/2020 at 6:25 AM, ukrules said:

Seems reasonable.

yes sure 

still have to pay interest 

still have to pay rent

still have to pay tax and VAT 

still have to pay tv and internet

still have to pay water and electric 

stil have to pay food and consumption 

and forced not able of an income 

and for a shop too if have one and not lost already

reasonable is EVERYBODY same and nobody win on this not banks not landlords not phone\ Internet company and no government institution or persons

this is just incompetent but only one group have to pay a lot while another doesnt 

12 hours ago, Monomial said:

These all sound like excellent ideas. But let us look at the implementation of some of these so far. Take the 5000 baht monthly allowance for freelance workers. As a self employed retailer, my wife applied. In every way, she completely qualifies. She got her answer back from the government today:

Invalid ID number.

Huh? The ID number was perfect. Nothing about it was invalid. Others are getting back responses like "invalid name".  Basically, this is a flat out electronic finger by the government saying "yes, you qualify, but we don't want to pay you, and can't think of any reason why."

So these policies are all BS. They aren't going to deliver on them, because they don't have the money. In the same way they are denying visa extensions by requiring landlords to show up rather than honestly saying "eff off foreigners", they are going to weasle their way out of all of these policies as well. This is a sound bite with no genuine substance.

Nobody is fooled. I would prefer even Thaksin to this idiot, and I *HATE* Thaksin.

My wife got her 5,000 baht and so did many other Thais I know.  Sorry to burst your scam bubble.

Just now, josephbloggs said:

My wife got her 5,000 baht and so did many other Thais I know.  Sorry to burst your scam bubble.

My missus got her 5k as well.

Her nephew/husband arrived this morning and he will claim as well.

47 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Good for you. Count yourself lucky that you won the lottery. Many deserving people did not. Try a bit of humility. It works.

13 minutes ago, Monomial said:

Good for you. Count yourself lucky that you won the lottery. Many deserving people did not. Try a bit of humility. It works.

Humility, what are you talking about?  I was merely pointing out that your accusation that it was all a scam is not true as I have first hand evidence of people receiving it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Humility, what are you talking about?  I was merely pointing out that your accusation that it was all a scam is not true as I have first hand evidence of people receiving it.

It is a scam in that the government has no intention of delivering on its promises. It delivers just enough to cover its own ass, while leaving many deserving people with no aid.  Yes. You need to understand you were lucky and won the lottery. Half the people in your situation did not, because the government didn't adequately fund the program.

So good for you being on the winning side. Let the rest of us eat cake.

On 4/3/2020 at 6:29 AM, Crossy said:

I agree, not unreasonable, if it can be enforced.

Not "can" but, will it be enforced.

For example, True visions is charging billions a month to provide sports broadcasting when there are no sports to broadcast.

Why is there no discussion about this?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Is this real said:

For example, True visions is charging billions a month to provide sports broadcasting when there are no sports to broadcast.

Why is there no discussion about this?

If you want to discuss True's policies feel free to start a thread in the relevant forum (NOT the CoVid foum).

• Like 2

The only important thing is when will visas be automatically extended? And I mean all types. Just do it online, charge a fee if necessary and make them valid until June 30 at the earliest. Done and dusted. Like many other countries with more competent leadership have already done. How hard can it be?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...