Jump to content
BANGKOK
Syke1911

Multi Entry Non-O Marriage, 60 extension and then one year extension?

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

I am a Canadian passport holder and was issued a Non O, multiple entry visa for the purposes of marriage which was issued in HCMC on May 20th, 2019 with the valid until date of May 19th, 2020.

 

On February 9th 2020, I was issued a Thai 90 day stamp in Burma with an admit until May 8th, 2020 stamp.

I gather I can get a 60 day extension at immigration before May 8th. What documents are required to do so? I am in Ratchaburi.

 

Assuming I receive this 60 day extension, near the expiration of it near July 8th, can I then apply for a year year extension at immigration? How long does the 400,000 have to be in my Thai bank account?

 

Note the reason I'm wanting to do the 60 day extension first is because I'd be depositing the 400,000 today, and I need to season the funds for a few months first before applying for the one year extension.

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can apply for the 60 day extension and then the one year extension when you have the 400k baht in an account in you name only for 2 months.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for the 60 day extension and then the one year extension when you have the 400k baht in an account in you name only for 2 months.

Thanks ubon.

 

With my admit to stay date currently May 8th, 2020, how many days early can I go to immigration and request the 60 day extension? And what documents must I bring?

 

Also I gather there is an alternate method where I can show proof of income of 40,000 THB a month.  Can I just wire myself 40,000 THB each month from my foreign account to my Thai bank account? Or do I need to go to my Canadian Embassy and show tax receipts, invoices or whatever to prove that I'm employed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The how long before depends entirely on the immigration office you go to.

I believe you said Ratchaburi so I'm sure someone will be able to advise if it's 30 days or 45 there.

sorry can't help on money deposits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Syke1911 said:

With my admit to stay date currently May 8th, 2020, how many days early can I go to immigration and request the 60 day extension? And what documents must I bring?

Most offices will do it up to 2 weeks early.

47 minutes ago, Syke1911 said:

Also I gather there is an alternate method where I can show proof of income of 40,000 THB a month.  Can I just wire myself 40,000 THB each month from my foreign account to my Thai bank account? Or do I need to go to my Canadian Embassy and show tax receipts, invoices or whatever to prove that I'm employed?

You can use the 40k baht per month option.

Since you can still do an statutory declaration at your embassy immigration will insist that you get one instead of the the transfers in to a Thai bank broad. Although it is a or in the requirements there have been reports of immigration saying it has to be done by your embassy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best to check with your Ratchaburi IO, what methods they accept to meet the financial requirements for the 1-year extension of stay of your Non Imm O - marriage Visa.

For sure the 400K money-in-bank method will be accepted.

But if they allow the 'embassy-income statement' method, there would be no IO requirement for you to transfer money to a thai bank-account.

If they allow the 40K monthly-income transfer method, be sure to enquire whether also the source of the funds has to be proven (and in that case if they also require an embassy income-statement).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Most offices will do it up to 2 weeks early.

You can use the 40k baht per month option.

Since you can still do an statutory declaration at your embassy immigration will insist that you get one instead of the the transfers in to a Thai bank broad. Although it is a or in the requirements there have been reports of immigration saying it has to be done by your embassy.

 

Do you know what is required when doing a statutory declaration at the Canadian Embassy? Do I need bank statements, tax forms? Or am I just swearing that I have 40K+ in income a month?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Syke1911 said:

 

Do you know what is required when doing a statutory declaration at the Canadian Embassy? Do I need bank statements, tax forms? Or am I just swearing that I have 40K+ in income a month?

They want proof of your income. People have used tax statements and/or bank statements as a backup to your oathe that it is true and correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone give good guidance as I have a non o single entry visa based on marriage to a Thai... My Thai wife called Hat Yai IO to get full list of requirements to extend visa by 60 days..... total chaos there yesterday and staff acting very aggressively to people. On seeing the IO they asked for photos of us at home which we did not bring as not on the list given to us.... visa expires on 7 April and public holiday on 6 April so will go in on last day. I will take extra photos of us in house and proof of marriage from Amphur and map. What are my options... 60 day extension minimum.... but could I get a one year extension on my non o single entry. I don’t have a Thai bank account and banks not opening new accounts. I can access online bank statements showing I have in excess of the monthly income required will they accept prints from online bank. I appreciate any good advice in these difficult times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Karlo said:

Anyone give good guidance as I have a non o single entry visa based on marriage to a Thai... My Thai wife called Hat Yai IO to get full list of requirements to extend visa by 60 days..... total chaos there yesterday and staff acting very aggressively to people. On seeing the IO they asked for photos of us at home which we did not bring as not on the list given to us.... visa expires on 7 April and public holiday on 6 April so will go in on last day. I will take extra photos of us in house and proof of marriage from Amphur and map. What are my options... 60 day extension minimum.... but could I get a one year extension on my non o single entry. I don’t have a Thai bank account and banks not opening new accounts. I can access online bank statements showing I have in excess of the monthly income required will they accept prints from online bank. I appreciate any good advice in these difficult times.

I feel for you.

Unfortunately you will not be able to apply for the 1-year Non Imm O - marriage extension, as that requires 2 months seasoning of 400K on a personal thai bank-account (or proof of at least two transfers of 40K in months feb/march or march/april).

Your application for the 60 day extension of stay for reason of visiting your wife should normally be no problem.  However, it seems your IO is (deliberately?) confusing your application with the 30-day emergency extension application.

Since you have only 1 day left, it would probably be best to get hold of the list of requirements for that emergency extension, which is applied at your local IO (requirements are different per IO/division) and ensure that you have evidence with you of meeting those requirements when re-applying next Tuesday so that you can use them as 'back-up' for your 60-day extension for reason of visiting your wife.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Peter.... when applying for the non o one year extension I knew about money in the bank requirement but I also thought there was an option of monthly income.... anyone able to tell me about this and what’s needed. Unfortunately in my experience Hat Yai IO are making it more difficult than it needs to be. I also have the UK embassy letter asking for support in getting a visa.... my wife works at the hospital in Hat Yai and I do t want her to face covid on her own and also risk a lengthy journey back to the U.K. at this time. Hopefully things will settle in a couple of months ... but AI m not holding my breath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Karlo said:

Thanks Peter.... when applying for the non o one year extension I knew about money in the bank requirement but I also thought there was an option of monthly income.... anyone able to tell me about this and what’s needed. Unfortunately in my experience Hat Yai IO are making it more difficult than it needs to be.

You can use the income option if you have proof you have done at least 2 transfers of 40k baht into a Thai bank account from abroad.

You will need a bank statement showing the transfers came from abroad. And a letter from the bank confirming you account.

I suggest you apply for the 60 day extension to get everything needed to apply for the one year extension near the end of it.

Immigration will be closed on Monday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again the incompetent IO said they were open on Moody and come back then.... afterwards my wife realised it was a public holiday... Perhaps he strain is getting to staff difficult times for us all. I will only apply now for the 60 day extension not sure what options will be available after this. My Thai wife is adamant she wants to move away from Thailand and live in Europe preferably Portugal so we won’t bother with money in a Thai bank option and banks currently not opening new accounts.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Karlo said:

...

I will only apply now for the 60 day extension not sure what options will be available after this.

In response to your original message and as mentioned previously try to get hold of the emergency extension requirements list applicable for Hat Yai IO, and have the documents required there with you as back-up when applying for the 60-day extension for reason of visiting your wife.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Karlo said:

Thai bank option and banks currently not opening new accounts.

They are opening new accounts after Monday. It was only for 4 days they stopped issuing normal bank accounts. A member reported he openrd a fixed term account on Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...