Multi Entry Non-O Marriage, 60 extension and then one year extension?

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I I recall correctly you are from the UK. Go back a page or two and you will find a topic about getting the letter. It is done by email.

Get the letter near to when your 60 day extension is close to ending. But I hope the borders are open before then.

Got back read the post you quoted again. I did an edit of it while you were quoting my post.

I I recall correctly you are from the UK. Go back a page or two and you will find a topic about getting the letter. It is done by email....You are Correct Mate,from The U.K. Yes.....Can't Find the Topic You mention though...

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

It is not normal but I have seen posts about other offices wanting photos at home. Normally just a photo showing the house number is needed.

When they ask for photos, are they looking for photos printed on photo paper or can you just print a color photograph on A4?  Seems like getting photos printed at a print shop would be a pain at the moment.  

38 minutes ago, FinickyFarang said:

When they ask for photos, are they looking for photos printed on photo paper or can you just print a color photograph on A4?  Seems like getting photos printed at a print shop would be a pain at the moment.  

Most offices will accept the photos printed in color on plain paper.

No need to get them done at a photo shop.

On 4/4/2020 at 11:30 AM, ubonjoe said:

They are opening new accounts after Monday. It was only for 4 days they stopped issuing normal bank accounts. A member reported he openrd a fixed term account on Friday.

Ratchaburi Immigration is telling me that to get a one year extension for a Non-O for marriage that the funds have to be in my account for three months. I think I read that you suggested it only has to be in your account for two months, assuming it's the first time applying for the one year extension.

(Not sure if relevant but I planned to get a 60 day extension, and then at the end of that apply for the one year extension with 400,000 THB in my account for two months)

Thanks

8 minutes ago, Syke1911 said:

Ratchaburi Immigration is telling me that to get a one year extension for a Non-O for marriage that the funds have to be in my account for three months. I think I read that you suggested it only has to be in your account for two months, assuming it's the first time applying for the one year extension.

I has been 2 months for every extension of stay for over a decade now.

From clause 2.18 of police order 327/2557.

"(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year."

• Like 1

On 4/3/2020 at 5:02 AM, ubonjoe said:

They want proof of your income. People have used tax statements and/or bank statements as a backup to your oathe that it is true and correct.

Ubonjoe, just want to make sure I understand this correctly.   As a Canadian national, I can go to the Consulate with banking bank/tax statement and receive facilitation letter (income letter).  This letter negates the need for statements showing 400k in a local bank or proof of 40k of incoming funds at the bank correct? Beyond that no other bank information is required just the normal marriage extension documents?

8 minutes ago, oldmanstan said:

As a Canadian national, I can go to the Consulate with banking bank/tax statement and receive facilitation letter (income letter).

They do not do a letter. You complete a statutory declaration stating your income that you then sign in front of a consular officer and they witness your signature. When you do the declaration you show them your proof of income.

12 minutes ago, oldmanstan said:

This letter negates the need for statements showing 400k in a local bank or proof of 40k of incoming funds at the bank correct?

Yes

But immigration can ask for back up proof of your declaration which could be what you showed the embassy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They do not do a letter. You complete a statutory declaration stating your income that you then sign in front of a consular officer and they witness your signature. When you do the declaration you show them your proof of income.

Yes

But immigration can ask for back up proof of your declaration which could be what you showed the embassy.

Good to know.  I had misunderstood the requirements.  Thanks for the reply.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/6/2020 at 2:08 PM, ubonjoe said:

I has been 2 months for every extension of stay for over a decade now.

From clause 2.18 of police order 327/2557.

"(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year."

Mr Ubonjoe, what documents will I need to apply for the 60 day extension at Ratchaburi immigration for marriage visa? It's my first attempt at doing so, so I'm not sure.

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Syke1911 said:

Mr Ubonjoe, what documents will I need to apply for the 60 day extension at Ratchaburi immigration for marriage visa? It's my first attempt at doing so, so I'm not sure.

It would be a 60 day extension to visit your wife.

Your wife will need to be with you when you apply.

Marriage certificate and a copy of it. Some offices may also want a updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry that can be requested at any Amphoe.

Copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.