Immigration say they are doing all they can as petition gets signatures

webfact

I'm surprised the IOs are prepared to work under these conditions. Not long ago there was a shortage of IOs and long lines arriving at Swampy. Apparently this was due to officers not being willing to work there.

1 hour ago, sapson said:

Brilliant this is exactly the policy Thailand should adopt!! no worries and no risk to westerners or immigration staff.

Thais love to copy ......well Mr Pinnochio Pm follow a sensible lead and duplicate this example.

It has posted that Philippines is doing the same...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For as long as their are profits to be made, then i do not think that this will end. What they could do however, is set an online application for extensions. That way profits keep flowing in, and people keep safe.

"Same, same, but different"

Edited by Kaopad999
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, smedly said:

I will be using an agent for my 90 day report (100baht) 

and my 12 month extension (4kbaht) in August (legit legal one)

Wow that's cheap, my agent charges 250 to do the 90 day & 7,000 (+ the 1,900 fee so 8,900) to do the 12 month extension

Which Immigration office are you using? 

"everyone gets stickers" !

My local IO was issuing white dots yesterday. I was wearing a blindingly white polo shirt which almost stumped him but he pointed to the centre of my forehead...Compromise? I stuck it on the top back of my PP tucked into the breast pocket.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Wow that's cheap, my agent charges 250 to do the 90 day & 7,000 (+ the 1,900 fee so 8,900) to do the 12 month extension

Which Immigration office are you using? 

all he is saving me is a trip to the Immigration office - my 12 month extension is all legal no backhanders required and I will do all the paperwork myself - all he has to do is process it through the IO office - nothing else required

Same for 90 day report - just saving me a trip to IO office  

I am in Pattaya 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not directly related but it seems the majority are overly focused on how many total " cases"  there are. Does anyone know if this is cumulative or adjusted as people become well. What defines a "case" and when does someone become well ? Just wunnerin....

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Friend told me the other day that Chiang Mai is now doing drive thru service for 90 Day.  Has anyone else heard this? 

Yes I read it on FB group "Chiang Mai News in English". 

"(Mike Gaudet was the original poster).

CHIANG MAI IMMIGRATION ONLY!  

Today, so everyone knows, the drive-thru for 90-day reporting is open! You can use it as long as you aren’t late. Just get in line with your passport and TM-47. Anything changes, I’ll update this post.

Update:
Yes, motorcyclist can use. 
You still need TM-47. Filled out at window if you don’t have it. Be a pal. Fill it out before. 
CN be done on first time, but you cannot be into overstay/late report.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Psimbo said:

You have clearly never used this facility which is happening at more and more offices. Very efficient and very little delay. No documentation other than current 90 day report and passport.

The fries comment was lame 12 months ago when these improvements were initiated. i suggest you use your time at home to come up with more original material.

Never going to happen, never going happen...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Don't know where you are from, but 90 day only requires ONE (1) document - tm47 plus passport.  Since they opened the new facility at the airport, it has never taken me more than 5 minutes from the time I walk in till the time I walk out. 

You don't need anything only your passport, you should have a paper inside with expiry date to report from when you last reported there is a barcode on it all they do is read the barcode and that's it.

I am normally in and out in 5 -10 minutes.

Even better now i've started doing it online with my phone.

Edited by Hooliganzone
  • Haha 1

I had to go to CW on 16 March for a 90 day and it was nose to tail and SRO in every department. Then I had go to Samut Prakan the next day on other business and it was the same thing. I'm glad they are now beginning to practice a little distancing but there is still no excuse for not simply extending all visas and reports until after this emergency is over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, bamboozled said:

Please report back. Will that not make for a long line of cars with their engines on while folks are told, no, you need this document and that document, do this, do that, don't do that....?

Apart from the application form and the old slip, what "this document and that document" are needed for a normal 90-day report?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, anthos said:

I'd suggest they announce an overstay amnesty just not fine over-stayers for 2-3 months after the travel restrictions are over.
Instead of making people travel to immigration and risk their health now.

No money with that plan. Any plan with no intake of money = NO

• Haha 2