Immigration say they are doing all they can as petition gets signatures

webfact

5 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

I get similar thoughts when driving on the congested roads. Where are all these people going? Are they just going out to buy something? Are they all working? Are they leaving the city? Why so many?

They're all wondering the same about you and why you're contributing to itWhy are you driving on the congested roads, where are you going, are you just going out to buy something, are you working here, are you leaving the city? 

Perhaps your journey is more important than everyone else's?

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, smedly said:

all he is saving me is a trip to the Immigration office - my 12 month extension is all legal no backhanders required and I will do all the paperwork myself - all he has to do is process it through the IO office - nothing else required

Same for 90 day report - just saving me a trip to IO office  

I am in Pattaya 

I thought for the extension to be 100% legit, you had to turn up in person at the Immigration Office where they take another photo of you

At least that's how it was for me at CW, but we all know different offices/officers do things differently 

• Like 1

The Red Shirts see a great oportunity to tie all that happens during this crisis, to the current governement. Already heard and saw (Thai facebook) ppl complaining about "the economy is not blaming the governement for it.good" and next 

5 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:
7 hours ago, webfact said:

The petition calls for the Thai government to provide extensions of stay for all foreigners for 2 months. 

This did not happen. Tourists get an extension, Non-Immigrants no free pass. More evidence, IMO, that Thailand has clearly decided they only want short term tourists. More draconian measures for those that are attempting to live here.

Petitions rarely cause anything to happen (especially petitions with only 300-odd names!) because they're not the way to get things done, why would you expect this one to do anything?

"More draconian measures for those that are attempting to live here".

Draconian measures?  What?  What are the more onerous requirements for extensions that have now been added for those living here?

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I think you need to replace 'easy' with 'unprofitable'

They will  Ofcourse Still charge for the visa stamp the only difference is the foreigner doesn’t have to obtain 9 different documents and to bring in his landlord. 90 day emergency visa stamp to reduce corona risk for anyone.

27 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

You can stay for 90 days or die from the virus which you got while applying for the visa.... whichever expires first, you or the visa.

Thai logic. It does not matter if you die, so long as you have a visa.

"You can stay for 90 days or die from the virus which you got while applying for the visa.... "

Only a tiny minority will die.  Thaivisa member logic...facts don't matter, just post it anyway. 

Edited by Just Weird
  • Sad 1

I was at Cheang wattana today to pick up my 1 year stay permit after the 30 day under consideration.  Used only 30 minutes. But the social distancing is not working. 3 of 5 seats are barred.  But people are standing in groups. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You have to see the virus like little particles which can stick on everything. (Money, doorknobs, and tatat Passports)

How many passports are going through one officers hand a day?  100? I don't know but it's the best way to exchange something between people without notice even if you stand 2m apart before or if don't have to go out of your car.

I have a lot of respect for the officers because it's really a front line job without special protection. 

Sure you cannot avoid everything but if you are happy that you don't have to stand in a queue. Yes that's great, I wish that would be everywhere but that doesn't mean you haven't take the virus with you.  

The best advice is not only social distance the best advice would be don't touch anything. 

But we are at the beginning so things can change quickly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, herwin1234 said:

The Red Shirts see a great oportunity to tie all that happens during this crisis, to the current governement. Already heard and saw (Thai facebook) ppl complaining about "the economy is not blaming the governement for it.good" and next 

You can almost sense the fear..

Edited by Odysseus123
deleted
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

The reason they give that it is for National Security

That's bit far fetched  , just for 90 day Reports. Imm Knows where one lives, Imm got ones Phone number and E mail Address so they can Use GPS and IP Address to locate one IF they need.

Actually one thing Immigration could do during this period is to decentralise and use local Imm Offices to do extensions of stay etc and not just 90 day reports. This would help reduce possible overcrowding in Imm Offices in Provincial capitals AND would save many foreigners having to travel 100's of kms each way if they have a local Imm Office. I know this seems to beyond the thought processes of Immigration heirarchy. OMG, I forgot that would make things easier for us, not more difficult.