Immigration say they are doing all they can as petition gets signatures

webfact

7 hours ago, bamboozled said:

Please report back. Will that not make for a long line of cars with their engines on while folks are told, no, you need this document and that document, do this, do that, don't do that....? Can you get a large fries with that?

Been there today for my visa extension from 9am to 12.
Couldn't see any line of cars.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

This was before immigration started implementing new measures to ease the burden of tourists and others contacting immigration to lessen the chance of covid-19 spread.

After the fiasco of ordering people to go in person!

• Haha 1

Dear Local Immigration ... I do understand and appreciate the position you find yourselves. Please help all of us by advising The Kingdom of Thailand Immigration office in  Bangkok, that changes due to Coronavirus are necessary.

Edited by wwest5829
  • Haha 1

I tried to get a few photos today, we got there at 5.30am and number 111..people were still getting in each others space...i/o coughing and people wearing crappy masks...I wore my P100 charcoal filter half face mask

My report: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1157547-chaeng-wattana-0342020-income-method-marriage-extension-denied-report-pictures/

IMG_20200403_072534.jpg

IMG_20200403_164650.jpg

IMG_20200403_072546.jpg

Edited by richiejom
  • Like 1

Just now, Tounge Thaied said:

I'm here to tell you that isn't true. I was not allowed into Thailand 3 weeks ago, because I didn't have the necessary Covid-19 "Medical Certificate". I have lived in Thailand for 6 years, I have a house and wife In Buriram province. I have a Non-immigrant O based upon Marriage. I cannot come and be at my home or my wife. You could say this is a one off event, but is it? With the draconian measures keep being implemented, it is clear that what you say is no longer really true. 

It never was true...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sumarianson said:

The 90 day report is totally unnessary in this crisis. Anyone who has lived here more than 6 months and has an Imm O, OA or ED visa and has not changed address since last reported should not have to risk their lives for such an unnessary formality. I have COPD and use medication and oxygen. If I got the virus then my children here would be without a father but does this government care? Jobs worth hat for them.

Please do the 90 report online! Be safe! My husband and I did it just yesterday (our imm dept is 1.5 hour drive away). I was shocked! It was approved within hours! They sent a file that we can print and put in our passports. Please do this and keep yourself safe!

Just now, wwest5829 said:

I am confused. I thought that helped you get a one year extension not an indefinite stay.

You raise a good point. Many of us have looked at this being our indefinite retirement stay. That presumption has quickly faded... hasn't it. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

I wonder what all these people are doing lingering in Thailand. Does everyone want to stay forever if they could? Are they running illegal businesses. Is a month not enough for a shopping trip or tourist vacation? I get similar thoughts when driving on the congested roads. Where are all these people going? Are they just going out to buy something? Are they all working? Are they leaving the city? Why so many?

What about you? Why are you lingering in Thailand? Is 'lingering' in this country only allowed for a chosen few or what? Everyone got dreams and reasons. You only need to mind your own.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sapson said:

Common sense should rule over bureaucratic obsessive disorder syndrome.

I know that, you know that, we all know that, but they do not. And that is the problem because it is they who make the rules - sometimes several times a week, and all different. Including from office to another, and from one IO to the other. The problem then is the phrase 'at the IO's discretion'. In other words, having all the right documents, photos and declarations might count for absolutely nothing. The uniforms have the power, and some of them use it to make themselves feel good and to compensate for inadequacies in their own life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

I'm here to tell you that it isn't true that you are safe here. I was not allowed into Thailand 3 weeks ago, because I didn't have the necessary Covid-19 "Medical Certificate". I have lived in Thailand for 6 years, I have a house and wife In Buriram province. I have a Non-immigrant O based upon Marriage. I cannot come and be at my home or my wife. You could say this is a one off event, but is it? With the draconian measures keep being implemented, it is clear that what you say is no longer really true. 

That's very sad. I feel for you. I wouldn't be happy at all in your situation. On the other hand a Thai husband or wife won't be able to enter most of Europe this time either. It is unfair but reciprocal. And when the good times are on a westerner's life is always much more easy in Thailand than a Thai's in the western world. Most Thais can't even enter any western countries...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

You raise a good point. Many of us have looked at this being our indefinite retirement stay. That presumption has quickly faded... hasn't it. 

All any of us have is one year at a time.  Perhaps different with the 500,000 baht Visa for 5 years ...

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I know that, you know that, we all know that, but they do not. And that is the problem because it is they who make the rules - sometimes several times a week, and all different. Including from office to another, and from one IO to the other. The problem then is the phrase 'at the IO's discretion'. In other words, having all the right documents, photos and declarations might count for absolutely nothing. The uniforms have the power, and some of them use it to make themselves feel good and to compensate for inadequacies in their own life.

..and they laugh about us behind our backs as we leave even more frustrated than when we entered...seen it happen.

• Haha 1

ok i read all the post of this thread .. and it seems that this information is for ONLY 90 day reporting  .. but  nowhere do i see the visa designation ... i am only guessing .. 

i see the tm47 link and form which looks great but is it for me ??? what is this thread in reference to ???? 

as for me i am imm non 0 visit thai wife i have already gotten 60 day extension (thanks Ubonjoe)      now i am trying to stay till july 1  ... then back to usa if possible

thanks for anything given

8 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

I wonder what all these people are doing lingering in Thailand. Does everyone want to stay forever if they could? Are they running illegal businesses. Is a month not enough for a shopping trip or tourist vacation? I get similar thoughts when driving on the congested roads. Where are all these people going? Are they just going out to buy something? Are they all working? Are they leaving the city? Why so many?

I had been wondering that too.  From what I've seen on FB and elsewhere, it does seem a lot of these people have simply decided that they don't want to go home.  They think Thailand is safer than their own country so they're just going to stay in Thailand until the whole Corona thing is over and it's safe to return home. 

That's the part I don't get. 

I have seen very few of these people mentioning anything about their attempts to leave.  Like, if I was legitimately trying to get out and my flights were being cancelled or my home country was totally locked down to people returning, I would mention that since it bolsters my case for this being beyond my control. 

But most people just talk about how Thailand needs to give them a visa extension. 

Like one person said that they were on their third visa extension.  They had a 60, then they extended for 30 before things got crazy, then immigration would only give them a 7-day, and they went back after 7 days and got another 7-day, and now they got a letter from their embassy (I believe she was a Brit) and she's hoping that they'll give her another 30. 

So, that's 60 + 30 + 7 + 7 = 104 days and she wants another 30 so, 134 days. 

I also don't get why they think a 30-day extension is going to solve their problems.  This Corona Virus is going to be awhile.  And as time goes on, they'll have less options, not more (in the relative short-term 3 - 6 months). 

Like, what happens if 30 days from now Thailand is pretty much on constant lock down and there are few, if any flights out? 

There was another guy I saw who was staying because the cost of a flight back home had tripled (like $500 to $1,500) since the Corona Virus hit.  He was getting an extension so he could wait for a lower price.

I do understand it on a certain level but I'm just not sure if a lot of these people are thinking past next week or the next 30 days. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

I have been told that 15 days is initially granted because the full 30 days needs to be singed off by a higher positioned office and there's hardly any available. You don't have to go back they are now emailing, etc.  But not so sure about that second part and will be happy if it is true. 

Edited by Drew3223
  • Haha 1