Immigration say they are doing all they can as petition gets signatures

webfact

People don't realise that these officers give millions of baht to secure their positions. The money they extort also goes up to their bosses. 

Have some compassion for those that take loans to secure a job in a juicy tourist area, they need to keep working! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/3/2020 at 9:31 AM, bamboozled said:

Please report back. Will that not make for a long line of cars with their engines on while folks are told, no, you need this document and that document, do this, do that, don't do that....? Can you get a large fries with that?

Have you ever been to Thailand ?

• Haha 1

I was at the sh!t show on March 25. There was no seperation happening. It was very disorganized event. This event told me that Thailand does not care for the welfair of foreigners. As it stands now, i will have to do the whole thing again on April 25.

IMG20200325133404.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Billthekiwi said:

I seldom see the need to say bad things about the country that I live in.

However this fiasco at Thai Immigration is appalling to me.

Why can't they just give a blanket automatic extension to tourist visa holders. It would only be 2 months at this point.

Then it could be reviewed to see if further extension is necessary.

Extraordinary times require flexibility to reduce the spread of the disease.

I would be happy to report online every month if required.

What I don't want to do is to expose my family to a potential source of infection. We are all foreigners in my household.

It's bad enough to have to make a quick visit to my local Tesco.

...well said..for eg. at the stroke of a pen they reduced fuel by 20%, created an app overnight to give out a Salary rescue package, all to their own citizens. We foreigners do contribute substantially to their economy whether it be directly or indirectly. Thai Immigration can do what you have suggested and what another member related with Indonesias's response. Thai Immigration have all our details in their data-base and there is definitely no need for any of use to make an appearance. Time to get their act together.

• Haha 1

On 4/3/2020 at 5:12 PM, spidermike007 said:

Sorry guys, but you deserve all the flak we could possibly dish out to you. You have spent years abusing us, directing racist and xenophobic venom our way, putting inane roadblocks in our way when it comes to the renewal of a retirement or marriage visa, and now you are asking us for tolerance and understanding? Sorry. Not gonna happen. You should be a peak efficiency right now, since there is barely anyone coming, or going out of the country, and barely any tourists here. So, what I think I am hearing is just more excuses for poor service, and a total ability to take responsibility for your actions, or inactions. Man up. Do your jobs. Stop moaning. You deserve the criticism. If you cannot handle it get another job. IF YOU CAN find one! You have no sympathy from the downtrodden ex-pats, that is for sure. 

At this time of economic shutdown, when tens of millions are without an income, you should be grateful you even have a job and a salary. Accept it. Be grateful. Be nicer. Get some humility. Your job is alot more than many of us, and most of the nation has.  

And this is an opportunity for you to improve. Think you guys can do that? More services should be available online anyway. You are asking us to stay home after all. 

But that's western logic that they will never understand..... not in a million years. 

Especially not these "respectable" immigration officers in their tight uniforms that is made to display power and rank.... They're supposed to listen to the "dirty" farang in bermuda shorts, flower songkran shirts and a beer belly? NEVER. Now pay 3,000 baht. 

Edited by daphnia88
  • Haha 1

On 4/3/2020 at 5:42 PM, BadSpottedDog said:

Please do the 90 report online! Be safe! My husband and I did it just yesterday (our imm dept is 1.5 hour drive away). I was shocked! It was approved within hours! They sent a file that we can print and put in our passports. Please do this and keep yourself safe!

I have tried many times to do it online but to no avail. Fo you do it regularly online or was this a first time? Did you have to use an old version of explorer browser to do it? I also heard there is supposed to be an app? If so where can I download anyone and how to use?

• Haha 1

There's a few people here saying sh*t about other people without knowing the circumstances.

Myself I've been waiting 7 months for a spouse visa to be approved for my wife in my own country.

Originally I was on an OA but let it go in January. Just a rip with favourite insurance companies gouging at 4 times over the odds. F that.

We were booked to fly to China 2nd April but couldn't. So here we are stuck.

None of us are locals. We don't want to be here at all. There are a few flights via Doha to NZ but at more than I can afford.

NZ Immigration is closed for at least 14 days so no visas are being processed at all.

Now put a sock in it dumb dumb.

Edited by Billthekiwi
Spelling
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Sumarianson said:

I have tried many times to do it online but to no avail. Fo you do it regularly online or was this a first time? Did you have to use an old version of explorer browser to do it? I also heard there is supposed to be an app? If so where can I download anyone and how to use?

You have to check in the first time in person. However, after that you can do it online. I tried the phone app, but it kept shutting down when I got to the location part. Apparently, you need to use Chrome or Internet Explorer. Here are details.

Before you used to only be able to do a 90 day online report from 15 days before down until 7 days BEFORE your actual due date.

Outside that "window of opportunity it would give you the error prompt after you entered the captcha number on the first page.
They evidently did an update to the system on March 20th and now the window of opportunity is from 15 days before right down until your actual due date.
Remember there are 3 ways to do a 90 day report online. Using the web based portal, using the android or iPhone mobile apps. <- Even if you do it via mobile it is still your responsibility to find a way to print your receipt that shows your next 90 day report due date (the one that looks like they paper they give you when you do a report in person).
Immigration web-portal;
Android eServices application;
iPhone eServices application;
  • Haha 1

On 4/3/2020 at 9:29 AM, Mango Bob said:

The reason they give that it is for National Security is a bunch of <deleted>.  This is the same reason they gave for doing things to make life harder for foreigners during the coup.   This government is in need for a big change.

i would give you a "like"  but sources tell me that 17 on that list are already missing........

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, chiman said:

Why does anything have to be done?  Just let it be handled on the way out of the country, anyone arriving between date x and y, is good to go through date a and b.  

Yes, in another country. Not in Thailand.????

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, chiman said:

Why does anything have to be done?  Just let it be handled on the way out of the country, anyone arriving between date x and y, is good to go through date a and b.  

i think it is obvious they prefer the Z option.   ZZZAP !  1900 baht      Next ! ......

5 hours ago, chiman said:

So, and its just an idea, how about a Gandhi-esque civil disobediene approach. No one goes for extensions, 90 day reports etc. and we wait to see how many IO's are willing to forego social distancing altogether to come and arrest us. As the first arrest occurs contact the Court of Human Rights and ask them what they class as more important, a human life or an IO's brown envelope at the end of the month? Just a thought ???? ???? ???? 

• 2 weeks later...