Pattaya Shutdown! Severe restrictions on movement and closure of hotels among new measures as Covid-19 cases rise rapidly

webfact

explains why the toll was closed down this morning with only one booth open and police were directing traffic to it.

Hopefully I can get home this arvo, even better if it means I dont have to go to work Monday !!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ireland32 said:

Hilarious you actually follow these numbers my god 

They are the only ones we have and the only ones we will get. They will also be the numbers used to decided when this nonsence ends. We are at the <deleted> end of the biggest media fuelled hoax ever. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, jimn said:

Such an overreaction with only 61 cases and thats in the whole of ChonBuri not just Pattaya. Dont forget thats from the start of the problem. Without looking it up there will be some of those 61 who are now recovered.  Wonder where they will put the roadblocks. At each entrance on to the Sukumvidt I presume. Absolute nonsence.

Exactly. They are going to destroy Pattaya with that plan. Perhaps that is the plan- get rid of the mongers and all the high rolling rich people will flock to Pattaya after it reopens 55555555555555555555.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jimn said:

They will also be the numbers used to decided when this nonsence ends.

Not quite true.

If Thailand persists with rubbery figures, western countries will not lift their travel warnings on Thailand, and with standing travel warnings, comes no travel insurance.  So, Thai authorities can give the all clear, but that doesn't mean western countries will give the all clear for Thailand.

Whilst Thai authorities can end the shut down, that doesn't mean businesses will open back up, because there will be still no tourists to open up for. 

37 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

Tiny? How tiny? Why dont you tell us exactly what the statistics are then oh wise one? My apologies if you are the 1 person carrying out EVERY test in the Kingdom and you have 1st hand knowledge, so I will keep my apology for someone more deserving

Another "I know everything gonk!"

There are charts showing percentage levels of testing per nation , educate yourself instead of vomiting out your ridiculous confirmation bias.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Anyone here in Pattaya on holiday should have left on or before March 17. 

Enough said

Should have? I take care of myself and stay out of the "should have" business, unless I am paying the other person's way in life. Enough not said.

7 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Not quite true.

If Thailand persists with rubbery figures, western countries will not lift their travel warnings on Thailand, and with standing travel warnings, comes no travel insurance.  So, Thai authorities can give the all clear, but that doesn't mean western countries will give the all clear for Thailand.

Whilst Thai authorities can end the shut down, that doesn't mean businesses will open back up, because there will be still no tourists to open up for. 

Not quite true ????

Whatever figures Thailand give to the WHO will have to be accepted as being correct (whether they believe those figures or not) so the borders will open and people will have the choice to come back or not. If there are still cases of the virus they will not be allowed to open the borders, which as the way things are going for Thailand and how they are dealing with things, that will be a very long time, meaning anyone wanting to leave here will be kept here for a very long time because what other country is going to import a risk?

On the flip side, maybe Thailand will be rejecting tourists from the EU and the US judging by how badly things are going over there

10 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Not quite true.

Doesn't matter when Pattaya reopens. The policies imposed by governments in the west have probably ensured a recession/ depression so few will have enough spare cash to be traveling anywhere, never mind LOS. Also, I'm hoping the cheap airfares that have created the hordes that ruined Thai beaches will be a thing of the past. Mind you, it looks like the cheap airlines are all going broke anyway.

6 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

There are charts showing percentage levels of testing per nation , educate yourself instead of vomiting out your ridiculous confirmation bias.

haha someones a bit touchy. You are the 1 spouting bias, Im just asking for you to educate us all seeing as you think you have all the answers! Where is this chart exactly? Drawn in crayon on your bedroom wall? Please point to where the bias is oh wise one. And using words like vomiting and ridiculous really doesnt strengthen your argument 1 bit like you hoped it might ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chiang Mai Bill said:

Seems strange to allow male and female hairdressers to continue opening!  Perhaps Government ministers' wives have lobbied their husbands?

When I was in Pattaya, I found it strange that all massage venues along with bars were forced to closed, but nail bars and barbershop were allowed to continue trading 

7 hours ago, jimn said:

Such an overreaction with only 61 cases and thats in the whole of ChonBuri not just Pattaya. Dont forget thats from the start of the problem. Without looking it up there will be some of those 61 who are now recovered.  Wonder where they will put the roadblocks. At each entrance on to the Sukumvidt I presume. Absolute nonsence.

I don’t agree. This is not an overreaction. This is just what needs to be done.

24 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Not quite true.

I dont necessarily disagree with you but I think there are travel warnings against going anywhere at the moment. As far as I know there are no particular countries advising not going to Thailand because they believe the numbers are "rubbery"

16 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Insufficient tests = insufficient data = insufficient stats , is that too much for you to grasp.

The official figures are meaningless , why quote them ?

They are not meaningless they are the official figures. Which by the way have shown a fall 5 days in a row. Do you not want it to get better? Whats the matter with you? Stop looking for problems everywhere.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, doctormann said:

So, from Dark Side, can go into City or not?

Can I still go to Immigration?  Have to do 90-day report next week and online app doesn't work for me.

I did my 90 day today at Jomtien,  No problem.  All waiting is outside,  Took about 10 minutes. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

Not quite true ????

Whatever figures Thailand give to the WHO will have to be accepted as being correct (whether they believe those figures or not) so the borders will open and people will have the choice to come back or not. If there are still cases of the virus they will not be allowed to open the borders, which as the way things are going for Thailand and how they are dealing with things, that will be a very long time, meaning anyone wanting to leave here will be kept here for a very long time because what other country is going to import a risk?

On the flip side, maybe Thailand will be rejecting tourists from the EU and the US judging by how badly things are going over there

The WHO does not speak for Foreign Offices around the world. 

It doesn't matter what stats they give the WHO, and whether or not the WHO believes them.

If travel warnings remain in place, there is no travel insurance, and a vast majority of tourists will not travel without travel insurance. 

Whilst many in the future will accept the risk of Corona, as it subsides, and decide to travel whilst not being insured for Corona, with a travel warning, you are not insured for ANYTHING.  In fact, many companies have stopped even selling travel insurance.  They have nothing to sell.  Such are the global travel warnings on every country. 

Thailand can't play their game of smoke and mirrors on this one.  If they want tourists to even be able to travel here in the future, they MUST be transparent with their figures, or travel warnings will not be lifted, thus, no tourists.

Yes, I know it will be difficult for Thailand to be honest, for a change.  ????

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jimn said:

Insufficient tests = insufficient data = insufficient stats , is that too much for you to grasp.

The official figures are meaningless , why quote them ?

"Official figures are meaningless"? So you prefer unofficial or made up ones? ???????? And you tell others to educate themselves hahahaha Ohh you are a shining light in all this. Please dont go away. Im still waiting for this graph, or did your mum wash it from the wall already?

1 minute ago, Walter Travolta said:

"Official figures are meaningless"? So you prefer unofficial or made up ones? ???????? And you tell others to educate themselves hahahaha Ohh you are a shining light in all this. Please dont go away. Im still waiting for this graph, or did your mum wash it from the wall already?

Hang on a minute, I did not say that. You have quoted something by @joecoolfrog but somehow the quote is down to me?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

anyone know what this mean: Checkpoints will decide on special cases. 
I work in Bangkok and also stay there from Monday till Friday and my family (wife and kids) stay in Pattaya where i usually be over the weekend.
So can i still stay with my family over the weekend and do my job in BKK over the week-time?

7 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Tks for the vid, I may try that method next time. Did my latest 90 day last week by EMS post within the 7-15 day timeframe, and received the confirmation slip a few days later. 

"... and employeesare to stay at the hotels and not leave Chonburi to go home." 

And the good RTP will control that. Good luck catching all those up-country buffalo bouncers racing home without helmets on their pimped motorcycles without licence plate. 5555

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Leaver said:

The WHO does not speak for Foreign Offices around the world. 

It doesn't matter what stats they give the WHO, and whether or not the WHO believes them.

If travel warnings remain in place, there is no travel insurance, and a vast majority of tourists will not travel without travel insurance. 

Whilst many in the future will accept the risk of Corona, as it subsides, and decide to travel whilst not being insured for Corona, with a travel warning, you are not insured for ANYTHING.  In fact, many companies have stopped even selling travel insurance.  They have nothing to sell.  Such are the global travel warnings on every country. 

Thailand can't play their game of smoke and mirrors on this one.  If they want tourists to even be able to travel here in the future, they MUST be transparent with their figures, or travel warnings will not be lifted, thus, no tourists.

Yes, I know it will be difficult for Thailand to be honest, for a change.  ????

Im not sure why you have jumped from honest or dishonest figures to travel insurance, that, with respect is irrelevant right now as it something to be determined in the future, and TBH insurance companies are hardly respectable when it comes to paying out (on the whole). The WHO relies on figures supplied by each nation so when all this is over, the global figures for deaths and cases that resulted in recovery will be submitted by each nation and totalled by the WHO to give a global figure for both? Whether those figures are close or way off are and will be up for debate and we will never know. This is why Im asking people who are claiming the figures that are way more than publicised to show it or shut it. 

Im not making ANY claims on the figures but the ones publicised are the only ones we have. So for those who dont believe them, thats up to them, but I dont accept being told what to think by the likes of joecoolfrog who tries to make everyone believe something just because he believes it, just like I dont force people into thinking the way I think. People like that are just as fascist as how we are being treated by the govt. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Doesn't matter when Pattaya reopens. The policies imposed by governments in the west have probably ensured a recession/ depression so few will have enough spare cash to be traveling anywhere, never mind LOS. Also, I'm hoping the cheap airfares that have created the hordes that ruined Thai beaches will be a thing of the past. Mind you, it looks like the cheap airlines are all going broke anyway.

I agree, but I was talking more about the Corona Virus effect on tourism to Thailand, not the global economic impact on tourism to Thailand.  Of course, they will both play their part in Thailand's tourism industry rebuild in the future.