Covid-19: Stay in tonight! Break curfew and face jail and/or heavy fines

webfact

Covid-19: Stay in tonight! Break curfew and face jail and/or heavy fines

4pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Thai media has said that people who defy the curfew tonight can be jailed or face heavy fines. 

Premier Prayut Chan-ocha announced a nationwide curfew starting tonight from 10pm to 4 am to prevent spread of the Covid-19 virus. 

People must stay at home. 

Sanook said that section 18 of 2005 regulations allow for a prison term of 2 years and/or a fine of 40,000 baht for violators. 

There are exceptions that include medical staff, bank employees, deliveries of food, agricultural products, medications, medical equipment, newspapers, gas tankers, postal delivery and parcel delivery. 

People travelling to quarantine facilities are allowed to be out as are those going to and from night shifts for work.

People are allowed to be out to travel to airports. 

Officials or those with special permission are also allowed to be out. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-03
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, humbug said:

Makes these gangsters look like they care

no mass testing, no human rights, just complete abuse of controlling a society, nothing but daily propaganda blaming western foreigners, for the Wuhan virus, even the thai guy at the thong lor party, said countless times on his facebook, that there was never, ever any one from Hong Kong, and they lied by blaming the party infection on a foreigner 

i pity the millions of families losing jobs, no idea when they will start to earn any income, all because of daily fake numbers saying 15 people have died 

We don't even need mass testing... You can take a batch of samples from say 100 people who tested positive and send them to all the pathology labs in the country to speed up the process and test each one manually to see which are actually COVID-19 and which are other forms of the 'coronavirus' such as cold and flu... then extrapolate those figures across the amount of infected and even the rest of the population just to get a realistic ballpark figure.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

We don't even need mass testing... You can take a batch of samples from say 100 people who tested positive and send them to all the pathology labs in the country to speed up the process and test each one manually to see which are actually COVID-19 and which are other forms of the 'coronavirus' such as cold and flu... then extrapolate those figures across the amount of infected and even the rest of the population just to get a realistic ballpark figure.

Not nearly a big enough sample but mass random testing of the public to get a sample and make realistic national estimates is a good idea. But it also needs to include antibody blood tests to get an estimate of previously infected. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Brewster67 said:

I watched a video compilation of thais commenting on having their livelihoods removed and it is becoming clear that they would rather risk getting COVID-19 and take their chances than to starve to death.

Understandable. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

Better than in the Philippines. Police there have orders to shoot violators. Hope Pattaya Police don't get confused.

Its coming to that, mark my word...no money, no food, can't even go home....Governments are not stupid...why do you think booze bans and curfews are instigated...drunk starving people will loot and thieve at night...however this is just prolonging the imminent

rioting that is sure to happen

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, anchadian said:

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-government-may-impose-24-hour-curfew/

The Thai government may impose a 24-hour curfew, if the rate of new COVID-19 infections does not slow substantially to a satisfactory level, after a week of the 10pm-4am now in effect.

All for show. How can they talk about the "rate of new infections" when there is no robust testing regime?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

I watched a video compilation of thais commenting on having their livelihoods removed and it is becoming clear that they would rather risk getting COVID-19 and take their chances than to starve to death.

This is not a country’s that can survive long in lockdown. I suspect more people will die from lockdown than from covid-19.

At some point every country will need to adjust their strategy. Put support groups around the vulnerable, but let everyone else get back to commerce. The younger people who get this will be in lower numbers, and a small % will need ventilators. A vaccine is not guaranteed, and will not protect everybody even if one is produced.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, anchadian said:

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-government-may-impose-24-hour-curfew/

The Thai government may impose a 24-hour curfew, if the rate of new COVID-19 infections does not slow substantially to a satisfactory level, after a week of the 10pm-4am now in effect.

If they try to impose a 24 hour curfew, that is when the rioting is going to kick off... I guarantee it.

You take a population of 68 million people and lock them up in their homes with kids to feed, they are going to bust out only to find the entire country shut down and nothing to be had, then the doors of makro, Tesco and 7/11 are going to be busted open.

You put army and police with guns guarding the shops, the people are going to get THEIR guns, and there are a lot of guns in Thailand.

Edited by Brewster67
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

This is not a country’s that can survive long in lockdown. I suspect more people will die from lockdown than from covid-19.

At some point every country will need to adjust their strategy. Put support groups around the vulnerable, but let everyone else get back to commerce. The younger people who get this will be in lower numbers, and a small % will need ventilators. A vaccine is not guaranteed, and will not protect everybody even if one is produced.

The distribution of infection is similar across age groups, but not many are infected less than 10 years old. There aren't many deaths in Thailand so far because the median is 34 y.o. One son got infected at the boxing match, took it home, and killed his elderly father. This is the problem we face. 

3 hours ago, webfact said:

People are allowed to be out to travel to airports. 

1 hour ago, Misterwhisper said:

Looking at that list, it seems like pretty much everybody is allowed to be out... except street hookers and burglars. 

Lots of people will be going to the airport I would imagine,also possible that lots of airports may open up as well.Welcome to the Airport Bar.

2 hours ago, stephenterry said:

There are exceptions that include medical staff, bank employees, deliveries of food, agricultural products, medications, medical equipment, newspapers, gas tankers, postal delivery and parcel delivery. 

Between 10pm and 4 am?

I’m sure at some point they meant it to be 10am to 4pm and then it got so far and thought ..........”oh just leave it now” 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

I can see that Prayuth is going to end up going the same way as Thaksin and Yingluck... Into luxurious self-exile with a portion of Thailand's money.

but, he has gained some strength, in being labelled, at top; with a more CCP friendly term... that of Premier... a promotion above PM!

1 hour ago, Brewster67 said:

You suggest that they'll 'rise up' against a confirmed, faceless killer but when it comes to autocratic and corrupt government, they go all mai bpen rai on themselves.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, tifino said:
1 hour ago, Brewster67 said:

I can see that Prayuth is going to end up going the same way as Thaksin and Yingluck... Into luxurious self-exile with a portion of Thailand's money.

but, he has gained some strength, in being labelled, at top; with a more CCP friendly term... that of Premier... a promotion above PM!

I've stopped responding to @Brewster67's posts directly as it appears he hasn't quite got a grasp of the intricacies of Thailand's computer crimes act.

• Like 1