Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Covid-19: Stay in tonight! Break curfew and face jail and/or heavy fines

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, anchadian said:

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-government-may-impose-24-hour-curfew/

 

The Thai government may impose a 24-hour curfew, if the rate of new COVID-19 infections does not slow substantially to a satisfactory level, after a week of the 10pm-4am now in effect.

All for show. How can they talk about the "rate of new infections" when there is no robust testing regime?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

I watched a video compilation of thais commenting on having their livelihoods removed and it is becoming clear that they would rather risk getting COVID-19 and take their chances than to starve to death.

This is not a country’s that can survive long in lockdown. I suspect more people will die from lockdown than from covid-19.

 

At some point every country will need to adjust their strategy. Put support groups around the vulnerable, but let everyone else get back to commerce. The younger people who get this will be in lower numbers, and a small % will need ventilators. A vaccine is not guaranteed, and will not protect everybody even if one is produced.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, anchadian said:

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-government-may-impose-24-hour-curfew/

 

The Thai government may impose a 24-hour curfew, if the rate of new COVID-19 infections does not slow substantially to a satisfactory level, after a week of the 10pm-4am now in effect.

If they try to impose a 24 hour curfew, that is when the rioting is going to kick off... I guarantee it.

 

You take a population of 68 million people and lock them up in their homes with kids to feed, they are going to bust out only to find the entire country shut down and nothing to be had, then the doors of makro, Tesco and 7/11 are going to be busted open.

 

You put army and police with guns guarding the shops, the people are going to get THEIR guns, and there are a lot of guns in Thailand.

 

Edited by Brewster67
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

This is not a country’s that can survive long in lockdown. I suspect more people will die from lockdown than from covid-19.

 

At some point every country will need to adjust their strategy. Put support groups around the vulnerable, but let everyone else get back to commerce. The younger people who get this will be in lower numbers, and a small % will need ventilators. A vaccine is not guaranteed, and will not protect everybody even if one is produced.

The distribution of infection is similar across age groups, but not many are infected less than 10 years old. There aren't many deaths in Thailand so far because the median is 34 y.o. One son got infected at the boxing match, took it home, and killed his elderly father. This is the problem we face. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, webfact said:

People are allowed to be out to travel to airports. 

 

1 hour ago, Misterwhisper said:

Looking at that list, it seems like pretty much everybody is allowed to be out... except street hookers and burglars. 

Lots of people will be going to the airport I would imagine,also possible that lots of airports may open up as well.Welcome to the Airport Bar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in the PHILIPPINES....  the president said 'shoot to kill' if violating lock down.

 

our rights are lost.  this simulation just went to Defcon 4

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stephenterry said:

There are exceptions that include medical staff, bank employees, deliveries of food, agricultural products, medications, medical equipment, newspapers, gas tankers, postal delivery and parcel delivery. 

 

Between 10pm and 4 am?

I’m sure at some point they meant it to be 10am to 4pm and then it got so far and thought ..........”oh just leave it now” 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

Better than in the Philippines. Police there have orders to shoot violators. Hope Pattaya Police don't get confused.

Yes i beleive DUeterte is joining up with a police patrol,he wants to make people "eat some lead'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

I can see that Prayuth is going to end up going the same way as Thaksin and Yingluck... Into luxurious self-exile with a portion of Thailand's money.

but, he has gained some strength, in being labelled, at top; with a more CCP friendly term... that of Premier... a promotion above PM!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Brewster67 said:

I watched a video compilation of thais commenting on having their livelihoods removed and it is becoming clear that they would rather risk getting COVID-19 and take their chances than to starve to death.

You suggest that they'll 'rise up' against a confirmed, faceless killer but when it comes to autocratic and corrupt government, they go all mai bpen rai on themselves.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yogavnture said:

HAS Thailand banned booze yet? what do the addicts gonna do then?  snort detergent?

I thought they already did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The optics and grandstanding should end by sunday..then its a return to life in lawless Thunderdome...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, tifino said:
1 hour ago, Brewster67 said:

I can see that Prayuth is going to end up going the same way as Thaksin and Yingluck... Into luxurious self-exile with a portion of Thailand's money.

but, he has gained some strength, in being labelled, at top; with a more CCP friendly term... that of Premier... a promotion above PM!

 

I've stopped responding to @Brewster67's posts directly as it appears he hasn't quite got a grasp of the intricacies of Thailand's computer crimes act.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...