Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Covid-19: Stay in tonight! Break curfew and face jail and/or heavy fines

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

Is this just another example of doing something, but not actually doing anything, I mean, just how many people are out, and about, between 10pm and 4am, let's face it, bars are closed, night clubs closed, massage shops closed etc, these curfews seem ridiculous.

It's called aiming to restrict the risk of contracting Covid 19 infection by limiting the number of possible people out and about for no good reason. That is a sensible precaution, and should be adhered to by everyone with a bit of common sense.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

It's called aiming to restrict the risk of contracting Covid 19 infection by limiting the number of possible people out and about for no good reason. That is a sensible precaution, and should be adhered to by everyone with a bit of common sense.

Are you for real... There are more people out and about between 4am and 10pm... are you being paid to say such rubbish. Seems common sense isn't your strongest point. Other countries restrict it 24/7 , not during the hours where there are few people anyway.

 

 

Edited by Aussie999
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

Is this just another example of doing something, but not actually doing anything, I mean, just how many people are out, and about, between 10pm and 4am, let's face it, bars are closed, night clubs closed, massage shops closed etc, these curfews seem ridiculous.

It has stopped the long distance bus system from operating. Thailand has a very comprehensive network of overnight bus routes. These are the mode of transport of choice (necessity) of most Thais. Stopping such travel is the main effect, and I suspect the main aim, of this curfew

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

Are you for real... There are more people out and about between 4am and 10pm... are you being paid to say such rubbish. Seems common sense isn't your strongest point. Other countries restrict it 24/7 , not during the hours where there are few people anyway.

 

 

A messaging misunderstanding. I was responding to the curfew times that you described as ridiculous, which they're not in respect of that part of any one day. Every little bit helps. Otherwise you could have people wandering the streets, picking up infection from strangers and acquaintances - and then passing it on during daylight hours to any John, Dick or Harry - and family members.  

 

As for the remainder of any one day, as you so rightly point out and which hasn't been curfewed yet, ideally most sensible people would stay at home if they are able, and only venture out for food and med shopping one day a week.  Which is what I'm doing, despite the government's negligence in failing to tighten up self isolation more.  As the UK government said today, 'STAY AT HOME, it's not a request'. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, JAG said:

It has stopped the long distance bus system from operating. Thailand has a very comprehensive network of overnight bus routes. These are the mode of transport of choice (necessity) of most Thais. Stopping such travel is the main effect, and I suspect the main aim, of this curfew

Are you saying these buses would ONLY travel between 10pm and 4am.

Edited by Aussie999

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

Are you saying these buses would ONLY travel between 10pm and 4am.

No, not exclusively, but most of them do operate overnight.

 

The Government Transport Company, by far the biggest operator, has stopped all services, citing the curfew as one of it's primary reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This virus is unstoppable IMO.

Edited by Langkawee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...