Phuket Lockdown: Tourists urged to hustle before airport closes

webfact

Phuket Lockdown: Tourists urged to hustle before airport closes

The Phuket News

1585882210_1-org.jpg

Ground staff wave as the last THAI flight out of Phuket until further notice lifts off at Phuket International Airport last Sunday. Photo: THAI Airways

PHUKET: Phuket International Airport General Manager Thanee Chuangchoo is urging all foreigners wanting to leave the island before the airport shuts down on April 10 to contact their embassies and make travel arrangements urgently.

The airport will remain closed until at least April 30 following a formal request by Phuket Governor Phakaphong Tavipatana in the latest move to try to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus.

Airports of Thailand (AoT), which operates Phuket airport, published the official notice of the closure on Monday afternoon (Mar 30). The closure will begin at 00:01am on April 10, the notice confirmed.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-lockdown-tourists-urged-to-hustle-before-airport-closes-75560.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-04-03
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Toany said:

I can't imagine any tourist wanting to stay considering how welcome they are made to feel by immigration

Can't even get my extentions on my 30days that ends on the 6th(i fly the 9th)

Monday the 6th is closed, i aint going to a place with 500 foreigners a week before my departure... imagine i catch anything.. thousands and thousands of $ in tickets down the drain.

Nonsense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bearpolar said:

Can't even get my extentions on my 30days that ends on the 6th(i fly the 9th)

Monday the 6th is closed, i aint going to a place with 500 foreigners a week before my departure... imagine i catch anything.. thousands and thousands of $ in tickets down the drain.

Nonsense.

Well if they had any sense they would let you off but knowing Phuket,you may cop a 1,500 baht fine,i think it's 500 a day for overstay please correct me if i am wrong.

2 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Well if they had any sense they would let you off but knowing Phuket,you may cop a 1,500 baht fine,i think it's 500 a day for overstay please correct me if i am wrong.

yeah, cheaper than the 19000 extension. Just worried about the airport immigration staff giving me a hard time.

5 hours ago, Toany said:

I can't imagine any tourist wanting to stay considering how welcome they are made to feel by immigration

What else do you expect, Thailand and the whole worlds in turmoil, if you hadn't noticed. No country really wants foreigners why this is going on.

1 hour ago, bearpolar said:

yeah, cheaper than the 19000 extension. Just worried about the airport immigration staff giving me a hard time.

If the past is anything to go by, they will happily accept your money without problems (plus a red stamp in your passport). Nothing to worry about as long as they are collecting; smiles all around.

• Confused 1