BKK - Getting to a hospital in an EMERGENCY during the 10pm-4am curfew

bbi1

10pm-4am curfew comes into effect today. If this doesn't work then the following week there's talks of a 24 hour curfew. If someone has a medical emergency and needs to go to the hospital immediately, how can they go there during this curfew time in BKK? I'm presuming there's no taxis on the road due to the curfew. How to go with no transportation in BKK? Been thinking about this scenario just in case.

Edited by bbi1

In the curfew of May 2010 my very close friend needed to go to hospital.  It was a matter of life or death.

I called the hospital - not in Bangkok but well known in its location Thai city - and was told that because of the curfew they could not go out until 5 a.m.

Sadly my friend died at 4.20 a.m.    His last request was for me to hold him in my arms, which I did.   It was the most harrowing thing to watch him slowly slipping away.  I will remember it until my dying day.

• Sad 8

Assuming you have an emergency making you unable to drive/ride, I'd probably call my preferred hospital and ask them to arrange a pick up.

If able to ride, I'd call the hospital just to inform them I'm coming, and get someone's phone nr. handy there who I can call if stopped by the police for them to confirm that I'm indeed on my way to the hospital. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GuyFawkes said:

Sadly my friend died at 4.20 a.m.    His last request was for me to hold him in my arms, which I did.   It was the most harrowing thing to watch him slowly slipping away.  I will remember it until my dying day.

It's hard to remember something which didn't happen.

• Confused 2

20 hours ago, steven100 said:

I find it hard to believe your question. But I'll answer anyway.

Of coarse there are taxi's around, possibly not as many as usual but they will be about, and if you can't locate one just call :

Bangkok Taxi Co-operative 0 2880 0888

Charoenmueng Radio Network 0 2215 1584

Garden Radio 0 2875 9995

Nakornchai Taxi Radio Network 0 2878 9000

Ruammitr Taxi Co-operative 0 2911 4444

Siam Taxi Co-operative, Ltd. 1661

Taxi Radio 1681

The Taxi Thai Co-operative, Ltd. 0 2438 9000

Thonburi Taxi Co-operative 0 2287 3345

Suvarnabhumi Taxi Cooperative/Howa 02-424-2222 (green taxis)

Alway gats me how condescending people can be when they have a foolproof plan and do not want a second opinion

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GuyFawkes said:

In the curfew of May 2010 my very close friend needed to go to hospital.  It was a matter of life or death.

I called the hospital - not in Bangkok but well known in its location Thai city - and was told that because of the curfew they could not go out until 5 a.m.

Horrendous. The moral is all too obvious.

"They" act without deep thought and care nothing for the consequences. The reality of what this means for the mass of people they are supposed to serve is poignantly made in this very sad, true story.

Welcome to the new normal, ushered in on a wave of media-generated mass hysteria which we will all live to regret falling for.

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, GuyFawkes said:

Well this is Thailand ,Anything is possible . Compared to Animals Peoples Lives seem not that really imported.

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think reality is that most of us have people near us with a car. Tell your neighbors that you need to go urgently to the hospital and there should be someone who will help you. If necessary give them 1000B tip.

Disagree have a few already advised one day you might need them, tell them in advance you will pay 5,000 to 10,000 , MONEY MOTIVATES, and maybe you are still alive

1669 is the emergency number for an ambulance.

Unfortunately the government has also Put the rescue foundations on lock down As well between 10pm~4am. 

Normally they cover 90+% of the cases so I'm not sure how they will handle the workload. I suspect they will recind that order in the near future. 

21 hours ago, GuyFawkes said:

That is terribly sad.

Surely frontline services. medics, firecrews etc., would be exempt but TIT!

• Like 1

On 4/3/2020 at 3:11 PM, GuyFawkes said:

Very sad experience, yet he was privileged/lucky to have such a true and loyal friend around when he died.

You could say goodbye to each other. That may be a comfort. Especially now, where Corona patients often even die alone, without family or friends around their bed, leaving only a quick transport from hospital bed to burial ground. 

21 hours ago, pogal said:

1669 is the emergency number for an ambulance.

Unfortunately the government has also Put the rescue foundations on lock down As well between 10pm~4am. 

Wow is that true? Source please?