Govt will impose 24-hour curfew if Covid-19 situation does not improve

webfact

Why so much worry when they report only 100+ cases a day? Why curfew? The numbers are pathetic. Life should go back to normal with some precautions, like wearing masks and banning crowds. You don't need to shut down the country and destroy so many lives that don't have any income.

Edited by Thunder26
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skallywag said:

Veggies or fruits only last 3-4 days, so you may not be getting many vitamins and roughage.

In the fridge paprika, leek, green beans, potato, bok choi, broccoli, carrot all easy last a week or even 2.

Green mango's also last 2 weeks in the fridge, jackfruit peeled 5 days, and so on.....

• Like 1

Just now, balo said:

Forget it, will never happen, just another bad idea from a Thai official.   
People still need to eat and buy the essential. 

The 24 hour lockdown china had, people were allowed to go out and buy essentials once a week i think or maybe it was only 1 person from 1 household is allowed out.

China had some sort of an app where you needed to renew your health checkup status to be able to go out at all?

While these types of quarantines are medieval (Literally, quarantine is a medieval invention:  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3559034/ ), when people are stupid and stubborn you need a big hammer. The question then becomes how long will it take before they start to behave and can be let out in controlled fashion again. In Thailand.. a couple of centuries I'd guess.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

I would hazard a guess and say it will continue to rise let’s say maybe between 100-120/day for the foreseeable future so prepare yourself folks. 

That would mean it under some control. Escalating very  rapidly to 1000 day is where its otherwise headed. Think exponential. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That would mean it under some control. Escalating very  rapidly to 1000 day is where its otherwise headed. Think exponential. 

Quite possibly there already but 100-120 is as much as they going to disclose in line with the number of tests. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, balo said:

Forget it, will never happen, just another bad idea from a Thai official.   
People still need to eat and buy the essential. 

What on earth makes you think they care about people and their essentials?

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Sadly, many Thai husbands that now cannot buy hot food on the way home from work, are going to be finding that their wives of 10 years up cannot cook a hot dog

So long as she can hide a hot dog.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Quite possibly there already but 100-120 is as much as they going to disclose in line with the number of tests. 

Yes of course without mass testing it's impossible to know especially as so many cases are asymptomatic. This video Is about Florida but the same principles apply anywhere. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

I'm going to have to rethink my fridge and freezer 

beer versus carrots 

Lazada still sells fridges & freezers, delivered to your front door. I'm sure you can get beer delivered, too. 

Up here in the sticks, each village elder can impose a village imposed isolation.  allowing each village free movement inside the village to assist each other, plenty of crops to eat etc. allow no movement between villages for a week. no one in no one out, lets see if that helps