Govt will impose 24-hour curfew if Covid-19 situation does not improve

webfact

40 minutes ago, iamariva1957 said:

This country is holding it own far better per capita than many others. Yes... the numbers as reported seem to be flattening... and stricker measures might seem like a good strategy to force those numbers down even more.

Keep drinking that kool-aid.

Edited by Twin Peaks
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Of course it could, just look at whats happening in the Philippines now. Anything is possible, but have you also looked at what the financial stimulus programs they are trying to implement might do.  I am sure they are taking everything into consideration at this point.  They are already under heavy scrutiny by there own people and I am sure they do not want this to blow up.  It is more than likely why they have been so slow to respond.  They put blinders on at first because they were thinking of the economy. In my view that was where the train started to go off the rails.  Then it was the issue of reporting....you can read between the lines, at least any normal and rational person can. 

You are right. But the question remains... is a 24 hour curfew really the answer? Yes... a step that sounds good but will the local population abide by it and how will it be enforced on the street level. Banks might give grace periods but not landlords or the loan sharks. Stimulus packages sound good but will they be simply putting a bandaid on an open wound needing stches? But better than nothing at least. But it does not address how those payments will be recouped later. But again anything is better than nothing. However... you are right. I simply do not believe that this administration... like my own at home... have respect of Joe Blow at street level.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iamariva1957 said:

And the point of that was.....

They are holding it down far better per capita????

What a joke. Only a fool would buy into that. If they are controlling it why all the panic? I mean it's not like Thailand was the first country outside of China to have it. Oh wait, nevermind. It's all under control. Carry on.......

• Haha 1

If the powers that be cannot control 100 arrivals at Swampy how are they going to control a 24 hour curfew of approximately 70 million people? Stupid statement without thinking it through.  There has to be exceptions, buying food, meds etc.

Even Prayut and the army cannot be that stupid.  Or can they?

9 minutes ago, lujanit said:

If the powers that be cannot control 100 arrivals at Swampy how are they going to control a 24 hour curfew of approximately 70 million people? Stupid statement without thinking it through.  There has to be exceptions, buying food, meds etc.

Even Prayut and the army cannot be that stupid.  Or can they?

They managed it in 2014 when they staged the Coup, now give that some thought if you can ....

Dont confuse a 24/7 Curfew with what you would expect elsewhere , The Thai police and military have no empathy for the people , They have the guns , This aint no namby pamby nappy wiping country , The military Rule you do or you die .

19 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Stock up now, a human can live on 1200 calories a day.  canned meat (mackerel is mt fav) plus a cup of rice or noddles.  Water of course.  at least 1 liter per day.

Veggies or fruits only last 3-4 days, so you may not be getting many vitamins and roughage.  Oatmeal, Muesli can help 

Seriously - this will be almost impossible to carry out and enforce IMO

Fear tactics from those who are in charge is nothing new.

Hang in there, Thailand doing better than many other countries

How is this even possible, when half of the population can't or don't have the facilities to cook at home? If you haven't noticed they massively rely on street food!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Stock up now, a human can live on 1200 calories a day.  canned meat (mackerel is mt fav) plus a cup of rice or noddles.  Water of course.  at least 1 liter per day.

Veggies or fruits only last 3-4 days, so you may not be getting many vitamins and roughage.  Oatmeal, Muesli can help 

Seriously - this will be almost impossible to carry out and enforce IMO

Fear tactics from those who are in charge is nothing new.

Hang in there, Thailand doing better than many other countries

I bought our Big C out of Kellogs Corn Flakes when it was on sale so I have 4 boxes left but I would have to use water instead of milk ????????????????????lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jmacken306 said:

I bought our Big C out of Kellogs Corn Flakes when it was on sale so I have 4 boxes left but I would have to use water instead of milk ????????????????????lol

all you need is either 4 Brazil nuts, 2 Dates, half a Litre water, all in a blender! (swap for half a dozen almonds for something different next time...)   Recipes say to filter out the shredded husk material... but I practice that any extra fibre is good for you too 

Brazil Nut 'milk' is the closest I've come to the lactated stuff

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Twin Peaks said:

They are holding it down far better per capita????

What a joke. Only a fool would buy into that. If they are controlling it why all the panic? I mean it's not like Thailand was the first country outside of China to have it. Oh wait, nevermind. It's all under control. Carry on.......

We can only relay upon the reported numbers. Whether those numbers are actually correct or verifiable is anoyher issue. Under control is not something I suggested. May I politely say however that the only fool is the one that believes that the unknown does not causes people to panic... which is far from helpful or constructive. I never said that it was under control just that the reported number... see above... seem to suggest that there is hope. So pick a rhetorical fight elsewhere... keep calm and please keep you and yours safe!

It seems that the virus has a 2 week lead, so its inevitable that there will be a rise before a fall, so in my mind, it seems a given that we will face some kind of increased lockdown in the next week.

I need to have a mega shop anyway, so Monday will be an ideal time to refill the freezers.

3 minutes ago, tifino said:

all you need is either 4 Brazil nuts, 2 Dates, half a Litre water, all in a blender! (swap for half a dozen almonds for something different next time...)   Recipes say to filter out the shredded husk material... but I practice that any extra fibre is good for you too 

Brazil Nut 'milk' is the closest I've come to the lactated stuff

My missus likes to drink the "Nut Milk"! ????????????

6 minutes ago, dogfish180 said:

I don't recall any 24/7 curfew in 2014!??....I must have lived in a different Thailand to you!

Sorry, I was not clear to that respect.  No gathering of people allowed if you wanted to have a meeting you needed permission.  Military on many streets here in Bangkok. Every time I left my building to drive down the street to Lumpini Park i was stopped and checked. Trunk and under carriage.  So if they were able to control that then a 24/7 curfew would not be a problem......

Edited by ThailandRyan

18 hours ago, davehowden said:

There will be 1 hour a day when everybody can go shopping, this will cause maximum contagion and be blamed on "dirty Farangs".

and it's the "dirty Farangs" who <deleted> on the kerbside, <deleted> in the back seats of taxis, pee on the airport trains, run

amock in the "all you can eat" restaurants??????????????

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

Sorry, I was not clear to that respect.  No gathering of people allowed if you wanted to have a meeting you needed permission.  Military on many streets here in Bangkok. Every time I left my building to drive down the street to Lumpini Park i was stopped and checked. Trunk and under carriage.  

Slightly different to doing it country wide, for at least 2 weeks. I can't see any way of keeping 70 million Thais in their homes.

• Like 2

Sounds more and more like the End of Days...oh wait, that can't be because that's a Christian idea. Oh wait again...Yes, Yes they can blame it all on Christianity.

Seriously though, what about those who alone (like me)? That could be a benefit in one way (only one person to provide for) but if denied by a check point what then?

3 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

Sounds more and more like the End of Days...oh wait, that can't be because that's a Christian idea. Oh wait again...Yes, Yes they can blame it all on Christianity.

Seriously though, what about those who alone (like me)? That could be a benefit in one way (only one person to provide for) but if denied by a check point what then?

Ah the Rapture....I thought that was just for when you and the young lady you were shagging had the big "o" at the same time.....guess I was wrong....I think i will be going to hell unfortunately

22 minutes ago, jmacken306 said:

You know you can freeze milk ????