Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Army to monitor implementation of night curfew nationwide


Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

I figured the Army - ApiRat - would get involved at some point.  Now with the Army in the streets around the country what else is next .....

 

a coup (under the disguise as a 24 hour curfew)!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pixelaoffy said:

What a pathetic country. Curfew for 6 hours, policed by the bloated Army, to prevent  " the spread of virus"  4am-10pm it can continue free from the guns.. 

 

Isn't it even more pathetic to believe that the virus will spread here with so few cases and so hot weather ?!

ridiculous ! 19 deaths after 2 months is nothing and it won't get worst, it's so clear that a 5 years old would understand it.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kensawadee said:

They must deploy the ARMY because the Thai police are all drunk that time of night....

Some body might video the police slobbering in to the window of their vehicle....

Never stopped them before.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, colinneil said:

I think little P, might just regret getting the army out on the streets, events might not go his way if ole Apirat has anything to do with it.

Lil' P. hasn't got a say in it.  Apirat controls the army, Lil'P. is just a figurehead to put a civilian face on the Junta.

Methinks a new Caesar will be sitting on the throne soon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Iron Tongue said:

Lil' P. hasn't got a say in it.  Apirat controls the army, Lil'P. is just a figurehead to put a civilian face on the Junta.

Methinks a new Caesar will be sitting on the throne soon.

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."

Link to post
Share on other sites

A week ago? just that the 350 or so checkpoints were announced...driving across the 4th province and yet to see one that check travellers.

Will the army at night be more effective than the police+ army daytime?

Highly doubtful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2020 at 4:02 PM, anterian said:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Say what? Not all us kids learnt Latin at school. Some of us poor sods when to state schools. Some of us were trying to stay safe amongst the stabbing, rapes, and daily bashings  by teachers and other kids.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Say what? Not all us kids learnt Latin at school. Some of us poor sods when to state schools. Some of us were trying to stay safe amongst the stabbing, rapes, and daily bashings  by teachers and other kids.

I did this once already:
"Who will guard the guards themselves?"

Google is your friend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2020 at 3:51 PM, Creasy said:

Thats a lot of badges and buttons. Even room for a Justin Bieber badge

Wonder if he is actually jump qualified or did he buy those jump wings 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I don't understand how driving alone in your car at night spread virus any more than in the day. No other country has done this. It's not about virus.

 

the whole point is to reduce interaction between people, thailand is going the drip, drip method by slowly imposing stricter restrictions over time, many western countries have been more decisive and clear and gone for a lock down.

 

if you are driving home then you will have been somewhere and potentially interacted with others, unless you are getting in your car at home driving around then returning home. how hard is it to not go out during the curfew hours? and if you think that is so difficult wait until thailand is in lock down.

 

these are unprecedented times and people need to be patient and understanding and not just look for reasons to whinge and moan. we all need to do all we can to prevent the spread of the virus which basically means staying at home unless absolutely necessary e.g. going out to buy food, medicine or to exercise once a day

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thailand is doing a good job in containing the virus but it should be more lenient to its own citizens and let them into the country for those who want to come back.

 

The rules change so quickly that I have lost track. Are they allowed to come home?

 

 

Edited by EricTh
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, samsensam said:

 

the whole point is to reduce interaction between people, thailand is going the drip, drip method by slowly imposing stricter restrictions over time, many western countries have been more decisive and clear and gone for a lock down.

 

if you are driving home then you will have been somewhere and potentially interacted with others, unless you are getting in your car at home driving around then returning home. how hard is it to not go out during the curfew hours? and if you think that is so difficult wait until thailand is in lock down.

 

these are unprecedented times and people need to be patient and understanding and not just look for reasons to whinge and moan. we all need to do all we can to prevent the spread of the virus which basically means staying at home unless absolutely necessary e.g. going out to buy food, medicine or to exercise once a day

I'm getting it but not.

 

Close down all the retail establishments should be fine as well as not asking but telling people to stay home. I guess it's the army once again in the street I find most objectionable.

 

They don't need to impose martial law.

 

Unprecedented times bwah. Looks like the last 50 years to me. Thai know the routine well.

 

You're an apologist.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...