BANGKOK

Anybody know what is behind the water supply stop, no water for 3 or 4 days in Pratamnak already?

there was a thread about the planned cut off of water, i can't recall Pratamak being mentioned

Suspension of the water from Provincial Waterworks Authority Pattaya / ประกาศแจ้งตารางการจ่ายน้ำประปาจากการประปาส่วนภูมิภาค พัทยา

Dear:  Co-Owners / Residents,

The Building management would like to inform that Provincial Water Authority had announced temporary shortages in water supply all over Pattaya. The Provincial Waterworks Authority, Pattaya branch, has announced the water distribution schedule for April 2020 

Pctif4Y_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Do you meant he mains water supply? I guess Mabrachan Lake is empty, it was mud last time I was down that way.

Or do you meant the bottled water suppliers who deliver to condos? I expect they have been affected by the coronovirus, just buy water from 7-11 or those filter machines in the street.

Or do you mean the water bowsers? They're delivering to my condo since the public supply has been limited.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Do you meant he mains water supply? I guess Mabrachan Lake is empty, it was mud last time I was down that way.

Or do you meant the bottled water suppliers who deliver to condos? I expect they have been affected by the coronovirus, just buy water from 7-11 or those filter machines in the street.

Or do you mean the water bowsers? They're delivering to my condo since the public supply has been limited.

I meant mains. As bandersnatch posted it appears to be because of water supply situation now, first due to some pipe broken in top of pratamnak soi 6.

7 minutes ago, mran66 said:

I meant mains. As bandersnatch posted it appears to be because of water supply situation now, first due to some pipe broken in top of pratamnak soi 6.

I think it's more extensive than just Pratumnak. Where I live on Theprpasit Soi 8 we've only been getting mains water every second day for a while now. Before that we had water every night but during the day they dialed down the pressure so there was a trickle but not much. The current situation is a closed valve somewhere, no pressure or water flowing at all. I guess unless we get some decent rain soon then we'll be reduced to mains water on every third day only.

It's been like that for weeks here in southern darkside. Maprachan and Nong Kho have zero usable water. 

https://www.thaiwater.net/DATA/REPORT/php/show_sm_dam.php?lang=en

The other reservoir that feeds the system is Nong Pla Lai and it too is nearing it's dead limit:

https://www.thaiwater.net//DATA/REPORT/php/rid_lgraph3.php?dam_id=30

Capture.JPG.276a7fa4849fbe45539e6904ba778f64.JPG

By the way it's going it'll hit the dead limit in the latter half of April. Expect more shortages or complete outages. Rains might take months to come.

• Like 1

Couple of months ago I recall reading some local goverment people telling no need to worry about water supply as it would be delivered thru some pipelines from some other areas which presumably had water resources. 

Anybody know about this? Was for real or just some political <deleted>? 

If tourism would be normal, situation would probably be quite bad actually if no supply from outside as consumption would be quite some more. 

30 minutes ago, mran66 said:

Couple of months ago I recall reading some local goverment people telling no need to worry about water supply as it would be delivered thru some pipelines from some other areas which presumably had water resources. 

Not many pipes on the eastern seaboard: http://eastw.listedcompany.com/misc/AR/20160323-eastw-sdr-2015-en.pdf

Capture.thumb.JPG.2f0f315cc072b4dc61b9c1091d8eec9d.JPG

Only thing one can do, if you have water tanks, is to order tanker fill-ups which I presume come from Maprachan. Although it has zero usable water, meaning the pump intake is above the water level, tankers can suck some out. We just had our tanks filled today.

Back in the 90s the water tankers were a familiar sight. Since the number of accommodations increased substantially since then, water shortages were inevitable.

Like many city bureaucracies, they keep increasing numbers of people to make more money without increasing infrastructure to cope.

• Like 2

Lots of tanker trucks around the area today, as if we didn't all have enough on our plates with Covid19.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Since the number of accommodations increased substantially since then, water shortages were inevitable.

A lot of the water is consumed by the EEC industries. And it's only going to get worse with the Chinese piling on with their whip & belt conquering plans and water resources being scarce on the eastern seaboard.

• Like 2

If Thai authorities were on the ball, they'd have set up solar powered desalination facilities decades ago, but of course the reality is that they ain't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Shut off this morning Mabtato area!

it would have been interesting to know if they would have gone ahead with the week-long wastage of water during Songran ...if the virus hadnt struck.