Mother of two killed battling forest fire

snoop1130

Mother of two killed battling forest fire

By The Nation

800_072880e23ed21fb.jpg

A mother of two in Chiang Mai province was killed on Friday (April 3) as she helped residents battle a forest fire in Chom Thong district.

Tanee Kitchareonpat, 41, was found dead in the forest near Bon Na village after the blaze had been extinguished.

Villagers told police that Tanee and other residents had rushed to douse the flames after the fire broke out near their homes the previous night. When the blaze grew stronger, the group was forced to retreat from the area but Tanee was left behind.

Tanee’s two children have been left in the care of their grandfather, Daeng Suntripaiwan.

Facebook user Udom Tabi posted the bank account number of Tanee’s father, Daeng Suntripaiwan, as his two grandchildren have now lost their mother.

The account number with the Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives (BAAC) is 011 232 2991 49.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385357

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-03
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Venom said:

Not surprising she died from smoke inhalation. Must have been a lightning storm. Oddly those fires break out in hundreds of locations every night around where we are causing horrendous air pollution. Today Chiang Mai is listed as the most polluted city on the planet and Chiang Rai is almost 500 AQI 2.5 PM! both cities are listed as extremly hazardous for breathing effecting million of lives. 

this is sarcasm correct ?  

very very sad .. i understand completely ... my step son died 3 months ago in chaiprakon after he was volunteered to help fight a fire .. and boy i wish i could do something  .. hold them accountable for my son and this lady ..

he was a pc IT guy not a fire fighter

• Like 2

Very sad, so sorry to hear this. Surely this government, l..e as they are, can do something with cross-border neighbours and locals to stop the burning.

This tragic event is a waste of life, and land all round!

• Like 1

On 4/4/2020 at 12:24 PM, Puchaiyank said:

Can be said for many of the world's leaders...

He is not a world leader, he is tasked to benefit the people Chiang mai.

Get into your thick skull that residents deserve better.

• Confused 1