Anybody seen outside during curfew hours will be penalised, warn police

snoop1130

Looking out from my balcony there is very little traffic 30  minutes past the deadline, but there still is traffic. And none are in the exempt category. Maybe better tomorrow night.

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

Right. This lot couldn't work in an iron lung. Corrupt, incompetent and permanently handicapped by a Thai education.

If you get caught, do you have to get a haircut like this guy? fate worse than death...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

People who violate the curfew under the Emergency Decree will face up to two years in prison and/or up to Bt40,000 in fines

....….or a generous cash contribution to the Police Welfare, Holiday. and Recreation fund.

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

People who violate the curfew under the Emergency Decree will face up to two years in prison and/or up to Bt40,000 in fines

Right, the only problem, all the laws / rules in Thailand are made to be violated because nobody checks that they are respected ...
Last night I heard several vehicles turn around even after ten o'clock.

So what is "outside the house"?

I rent a house. Can I go outside to smoke and stay within my yard? Or is leaving the actual house breaking the curfew?

Might seem pedantic but just curious.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

will face up to two years in prison

Can we stay in self-imposed prison? I mean that seems to be all working fine with suspected infected people who are allowed 14 days of home quarantine (which they RIGOROUSLY observe, of course).

5 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

"Your home" is defined as the house itself plus its immediate surroundings that are part of the same compound. It's therefore no problem to go outside for a smoke as long as you don't go through your front gate and step out into the street. If you live in a condo, it's fine to go downstairs or into the parking lot for a cigarette as long as you don't go past its main entrance into the public street.

But hey, don't take my word for it. The plod are notorious for making up the rules as they see fit... and depending on how much they assess the potential "donation" to be. 

Yeah, thats what I worry about and was asking.

9 hours ago, IvorLott said:

My maid tells me the roof of my condo has been a Godsend to her in recent weeks. She likes a drink, and her pal who she shares the work and pay with, both have a quiet, discreet, drink up there most evenings in isolation, and safety. 

in other words, increasing the risk of infection, two-fold.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1