Anybody seen outside during curfew hours will be penalised, warn police

snoop1130

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

Seems a slight exaggeration and over reaction.

The general idea is to "stay home", I doubt that anyone would say anything if you stayed withing the grounds of your "home". That is to stay not out and about wandering the streets etc away from home

How very Christian of them. Bad writing and bad reporting do not convey facts to the reader.  The way the original article is written, all of the questions I posed above are warranted.  

This is why I asked if anyone had the original text.

5 minutes ago, Chrysaora said:

How very Christian of them. Bad writing and bad reporting do not convey facts to the reader.  The way the original article is written, all of the questions I posed above are warranted.  

Thats as may be, but please bare in mind news outlets do sensationalise things and people sometimes take things too literally. A little reasonable common sense usually prevails and things are not quite as they may first seem (or read).(IMHO)

Thats as may be, but please bare in mind news outlets do sensationalise things and people sometimes take things too literally. A little reasonable common sense usually prevails and things are not quite as they may first seem (or read).

You want me to use common-sense on a translation of someone's interpretation of a yet seen written law? 

I think not.

2 minutes ago, Chrysaora said:

Really? Maybe common sense is not that common to you?

“More checkpoints will be set up nationwide in collaboration with the Interior Ministry and more police officers will be put on patrol,” Piya said.

Unless you have a police check point set up in the elevator or at the parking lot, I presume you had some other intentions with your comment

2 minutes ago, Susco said:

Really? Maybe common sense is not that common to you?

“More checkpoints will be set up nationwide in collaboration with the Interior Ministry and more police officers will be put on patrol,” Piya said.

Unless you have a police check point set up in the elevator or at the parking lot, I presume you had some other intentions with your comment

Perhaps reading should be more familiar to you.

Really? Stepping out of your front door onto your property is now a crime at 10:01 PM?

Opening my condo door and walking the trash to the trash room is now a crime after 10PM?

How about taking the elevator to the ground floor and standing in the parking lot of my condo after 10PM?  

Walking for exercise at 11PM on my condo grounds is also a crime after 10PM?

Who has the text of this new decree?

I see every sentence ended with a question mark.

That signifies that what preceded the question mark was a question.

Where is the comment?

Edited by Chrysaora

On 4/3/2020 at 6:44 PM, snoop1130 said:

As of Friday night, people are prohibited from stepping out of their homes from 10pm to 4am, he said, adding that violators will be punished without an exceptions.

For anyone who has trouble reading English, I post this again.  Stepping out of one's home, means the door to the outside.

It's not well written. 

Where is the original?

5 minutes ago, Chrysaora said:

For anyone who has trouble reading English, I post this again.  Stepping out of one's home, means the door to the outside.

It's not well written. 

Where is the original?

Sorry NO it doesnt, if I step out my door, I have over 100 metrs before I leave "my home" ie, the gate to the outside. So, out of your home, means off the property, atleast to any reasonable person.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Sorry NO it doesnt, if I step out my door, I have over 100 metrs before I leave "my home" ie, the gate to the outside. So, out of your home, means off the property, atleast to any reasonable person.

You willing to put up the 40,000 fine?

How do you know it doesn't mean the front door?  Have you seen the Decree in Thai?

"to any reasonable person."  You assume the writer of the article and even the new Decree, is reasonable.

I do not.

Edited by Chrysaora
  • Like 1

You willing to put up the 40,000 fine?

How do you know it doesn't mean the front door?  Have you seen the Decree in Thai?

Doesnt really matter what it says, what matters ultimately is who you encounter and how he interprets it, you can argue later from the cell or ATM 'til your hearts content.

Clear you are going to argue no matter what is said. Carry on.

Clear, that you won't address paying the fine.  Now you aren't so sure, so go ahead and blame me for being persistent. However, I kept asking questions. You provided no answers.  

It was clear to you, and then it wasn't.

Clear, that you won't address paying the fine.  Now you aren't so sure, so go ahead and blame me for being persistent. However, I kept asking questions. You provided no answers.  

It was clear to you, and then it wasn't.

My position hasnt changed, the article states outside the residence,

7 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

My position hasnt changed, the article states outside the residence,

Hmmm ....

You sure seemed sure when you wrote that.

Now you aren't so sure. 

• Like 1

Just now, CharlieH said:

Says the same thing, thats my residence.

Technically?  I would say not.  You as a foreigner don't own your property.  Unless you are referring to a condo.  

You described a house, which you don't own.

Certainly, you don't own the land.

1 minute ago, Chrysaora said:

Technically?  I would say not.  You as a foreigner don't own your property.  Unless you are referring to a condo.  

You described a house, which you don't own.

Certainly, you don't own the land.

Thats not for discussion, off topic.

But technically, you dont have to own it for it to be your residence. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Chrysaora said:
31 minutes ago, MaxYakov said:

Anybody seen caught outside during curfew hours will be penalised, warn police

The writing skills today of most so called "writers," are abysmal. 

The "system" or someone had edited my comment. It was an "adjustment" to the OP's title where the word "seen" was crossed-out and replaced with "caught". It was edited to remove the strike-throughs of "seen" and the type font was reduced subsequent to my submission. I corrected it back to (near) my original post. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ????

Ref. HERE

Edited by MaxYakov

1 minute ago, MaxYakov said:

The "system" or someone had edited my comment. It was an "adjustment" to the OP's title where the word "seen" was crossed-out and replaced with "caught". It was edited to remove the strike-throughs of "seen" and the type font was reduced. I corrected it back to (near) my original post.  Ref. HERE

I wasn't referring to you.  

• Thanks 1

It really amazes me how stupid some folks are, they want to test the border line and have to question ... what if i do this , and what if i do that and i'm not breaking any laws and ... bla bla bla.

For god sake ....  use common sense if you have any and just manage it without being a deekhead.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chrysaora said:

It's not well written. 

Where is the original?

are you generally a trouble maker ?

8 hours ago, Chrysaora said:

Not having read the text of the "law" or "decree" do you expect me to believe the interpretation of someone else?

Fair enough. But if you don't believe anyone else why keep posting on here?

• Haha 1